rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Wants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chain adjuster blocks needed - GEN 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chain adjuster blocks needed - GEN 1
    Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 19:50
Hi,
I am after anodised chain adjuster blocks for a GEN 1 RSV Mille. Probolt have stopped making them so would like some or a different make etc, I would like red but might consider other colours.

Many thanks
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 20:27
Oberon make some and I'm pretty sure they are red.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
GMONSTA View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 22:23
I have looked and can't find any. Thanks 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 23:18
Sorry mate they definitely did a while ago. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 08:19
if you mean just the block you ccould get an engineer to make you one if you mean ones that adjust the chain i pretty sure no one made any so i been told 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 08:26
Gilles tooling used to make them but I'm sure the lightech rsv4 adjusters fit.
https://www.lightechuk.com/lightech-chain-adjuster-kit-1431-c.asp
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 12:22
Dale James at Race Torx is making some really nice new chain adjusters and I'm pretty sure they fit the gen 1's as well(Diablo recently purchased some so he should be able to tell you a bit more about the quality and fit). 

Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
GMONSTA View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 13:33
Ok thankd for the replys guys. So the RSV4 ones fit a Gen 1 Mille 1999? Will the spindle go through and lock into place with the nut aswell? Cheers
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 13:57
Originally posted by GMONSTA GMONSTA wrote:

Ok thankd for the replys guys. So the RSV4 ones fit a Gen 1 Mille 1999? Will the spindle go through and lock into place with the nut aswell? Cheers

I'm assuming they do buddy, but im only saying that as I know Diablo got some for his gen 1..
If you're on Facebook have a look.at the RaceTorx page and drop Dale a line, he'll soon tell you all the details and he's a sound fella, they've been getting some rave reviews  from people that have brought them so I think they're a good bit of kit, he might even do red ones as well 🤔
GMONSTA View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 14:04
Cheers Paddedcell :)
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 15:58
rsv4’ones do not fit without some modification , Diablo will tell you .. I can’t remember if he had the remove material from his swingarm or the adjusters he even bought a powerfile for the job

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 17:58
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

rsv4’ones do not fit without some modification , Diablo will tell you .. I can’t remember if he had the remove material from his swingarm or the adjusters he even bought a powerfile for the job

Ooh, didn't know that Ratter's,  I wasn't sure about fitment but knew he'd got some of these new ones from Dale for his gen1 but he's obviously already done the required bit of fettling then🤔
GMONSTA View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 21:56
Oh well that's a shame. Thanks again guys 
GMONSTA View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMONSTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 21:58
I also got in touch with Dale at race torx and he said you can't either as out by 1mm :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic