rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2002 RSV Mille headlight unit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwahmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2002 RSV Mille headlight unit
    Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 10:30
mine has got a stone chip crack in front glass .. not desperate but anyone know of anything around or notices something coming up as a replacement let me know. Maybe removed to make a track bike etc.
Cheers 
dangermoose01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dangermoose01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 12:24
I have one tucked away somewhere i'll see if i can find it
Markymark67 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 13:07
Hi buddy, I'm also on the lookout for a headlight for my gen 1 Tuono, have put numerous feelers out and nothing yet, first post you ask for one you get a reply, fair play to you mate. I see you're from Diss, me to, where abouts you live buddy and what model do you have.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 15:50
Have a look on Facebook Aprilia factory or Aprilia Performance and there's Aprilia Tech too.
Just ask in any of them groups you will get something for sure. As much i loathe Facebook,  it ain't a bad place to get parts, good luck. 👍
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 16:08
Hi, already put feelers out on there, Spence from Aprilia Racing site has been most helpful but I'm still searching, a case of being in the right place at the right time I suppose
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 16:12
 I know what you mean about seeing it at the right time, i will keep an eye out for you , for a gen  1.  It's funny i found Drew an engine because his one dropped a valve on his V4,  i just happened to be on motoforum 
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 17:28
That's very decent of you, cheers, you know that's one of the good things about this site, there's always someone willing to help you in one way or another, whether it's sourcing a part or advice or putting you in touch with someone else who can possibly help, nice one   
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:01
Originally posted by Markymark67 Markymark67 wrote:

That's very decent of you, cheers, you know that's one of the good things about this site, there's always someone willing to help you in one way or another, whether it's sourcing a part or advice or putting you in touch with someone else who can possibly help, nice one   
What year is your bike my mate's got one off a 2000 one , any good to you ?
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:22
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Originally posted by Markymark67 Markymark67 wrote:

What year is your bike my mate's got one off a 2000 one , any good to you ?

im after an early mille headlight if its no good for op how much do you want for it  ??
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:37
It's off a 2000,  check if it will fit,  i will ask him for you. 
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:41
I'll be needing the later type, I believe the earlier ones are slightly smaller and have a different bulb type fitted, but thanks for bearing me in mind
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:43
Oops, forgot to mention my bikes a gen 1 tuono so I think, and I may be wrong here, that I will need the later gen 1 rsv unit
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:49
this is the one im after
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:50
He's going to take it out and see if there any damage first. 
Can you take a picture of it and post it on here , then i can send it to him to have look . Or when he digs it out i will get him to take pictures and i will post them on here for you to look at. There's one on Facebook €310,  that is ridiculous 😂
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:55
 How many people want these lights,  Mark i asked for you. 
So do you want one too Colin.  That's like the one i see on Facebook at a ridiculous price in Italy . I will see if i can put a link up for it
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:56
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 19:01
Yeah I saw that one, as nice as it is I can't afford/justify spending that on a headlight, the light in your ad is the earlier type, the one going for the 310 euros is the type I'm after
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 19:08
Ok mate as soon he digs it out ,i will get in touch with you. At least i can send him a picture for him to compare it to. 
It is a ridiculous price on Facebook, saying that Aprilia wanted £287 for a plastic gear that goes on a water pump on a Shiver,  my mate built one out of brass 😂
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 19:15
I've even approached a couple of firms who work with polycarbonate and plastics to find out if it's possible to fabricate a lens but unless they have a bulk order to cover the cost of making the tooling items required it's not really feasible
Pwahmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwahmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 19:37
many thanks .. let me know and please confirm model year etc.
cheers
Pwahmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwahmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 19:42
Smile
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 20:02
Whereabouts are you buddy, are you actually in Diss, if so you're a stones throw away from me
Pwahmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwahmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 20:04
yes in Diss, Hawthorn Close ..
Got a Silver RSV Mille 2002 52 reg 
had a red 2002 52 upto 13 years ago - just bought the same model again.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 20:18
I know where you are, not far from where my son lives.Will no doubt hear if not see one another when the better weather gets here, roll on summer, and you've joined a great forum here, a wealth of knowledge from other owners on here, no matter what questions you may have there will always be someone who can help you out.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 21:15
All headlights in decent condition seem to be going up in price as will everything that is prone to getting damaged. Get a headlight guard on now because you know if you don't that at some point yours will get damaged.

There's a new one from Italy on ebay here:

Pwahmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwahmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 21:58
yes indeed - they do sound good - I have seen a yellow one around town so a few about.
I was on here 13 years ago - seems a bit out of date with all the facebook groups now .. still some good chat and info so worth hanging on :-)
Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic