rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donnington Aprilia Track day 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 09:03
It was good laugh in the Hotel the night before too πŸ˜‚ 
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:05
We're all booking into the East Midlands Premiere Inn again so I predict that the Lemonade will be flowing!!! 🍺🍺🍺

Thats awesome to here mate! Glad it's got you back in to the trackday riding!
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:12
We're all there under The Aprilia Facotry Banners πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰... literally lol, some guy has offered to make some free banners πŸ˜‚

I tried to organise garages last time but it was a royal pain in the a***hole  (not sure if i can swear on here lol) and as you said it was a free for all anyway...

So rather than having to sort garages again i'm just going for selling out the event and then we can organise garages between ourselves
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:15
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

For those of you who didn't go last year, it was a cracking day with some beautiful bikes, making some beautiful noises!!

Liam (admin of The Aprilia Factory on FB) has organised another loud day at Donnington in July this year. 

So, if you fancy a cracking day, or even just a watch, get it booked in the diary. Spend your Christmas money wisely putting a huge grin on your face.

I'll be going up from the South Wales area if any body this neck of the woods fancies it .

Thank you for starting this thread and helping out with the advertisment πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:18
Great Liam,  I will just get there early for the Land grab in the wild west πŸ˜‚ .
I was surprised how many were already there by 7 am πŸ˜‚ . But a lot had stayed outside the circuit which explains why .
I hope we get good weather this year too,  it was cloudy but dry and the sun came out for the last session. 
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:26
Originally posted by ODear_V4 ODear_V4 wrote:

[QUOTE=Sam.moz86]For those of you who didn't go last year, it was a cracking day with some beautiful bikes, making some beautiful noises!!

Liam (admin of The Aprilia Factory on FB) has organised another loud day at Donnington in July this year. 

So, if you fancy a cracking day, or even just a watch, get it booked in the diary. Spend your Christmas money wisely putting a huge grin on your face.

I'll be going up from the South Wales area if any body this neck of the woods fancies it .

Thank you for starting this thread and helping out with the advertisment πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
[/QUOTE

No problem, I feel the ape pictured got some interest, not sure about the chick on the bike, she OK i guess ha ha.

I was going to kip in the van but I may book the premier inn if a few beers are to be had. Last year we got to the hotel at midnight :-( 

ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:32
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Great Liam,  I will just get there early for the Land grab in the wild west πŸ˜‚ .
I was surprised how many were already there by 7 am πŸ˜‚ . But a lot had stayed outside the circuit which explains why .
I hope we get good weather this year too,  it was cloudy but dry and the sun came out for the last session. 

I'm prying for global warming to help us out haha πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:36
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

[/QUOTE

No problem, I feel the ape pictured got some interest, not sure about the chick on the bike, she OK i guess ha ha.

I was going to kip in the van but I may book the premier inn if a few beers are to be had. Last year we got to the hotel at midnight :-( 

Haha it was a bit of a mad one in the Bar the night before, they also do some proper good food in there πŸ‘πŸ‘
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 13:18
Might try and make it this year although it's only a couple of days before we usually go on holiday so much discretion would be the order of the day

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 18:10
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Might try and make it this year although it's only a couple of days before we usually go on holiday so much discretion would be the order of the day

Would be good to see you there Ian πŸ‘ do you have much track experience?
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 18:11
Quick update!!

27 People booked on in 5 days!!! πŸ‘πŸ˜ 
lets keep the momentum up! πŸπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨

The Aprilia Factory at Donington Park 2019!
Date: July 25th! - Target: 180 Aprilia's
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
βœ” 3 Groups - Novice, Inters, Fast
βœ” 7 x 20 min sessions
βœ” a LOUD day!!! (108db flyby)
βœ” £179.00 per place
βœ” Exclusivity until Feb 28th!!!
βœ” Aprilia Offical will be Attending
Spaces Available...
🐌 Novice - 58
🐒 Inters - 44
πŸ‡ Fast - 51
☎️ To book, call No Limits Trackdays ☎
Reference: "The Aprilia Factory"
Phone Number: 01525 877087

SEE YOU THERE! πŸ‘πŸ˜¬
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 18:24
Originally posted by ODear_V4 ODear_V4 wrote:

Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Would be good to see you there Ian πŸ‘ do you have much track experience?

Ha,66 year old dodderer that managed to fall off last (first) time I saw Donnington so I've got unfinished business at Coppice Wink

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 21:08
I went last year on the falco & out of the 4 there mine was the one that lasted the day,I was in the novices & held my own,I'm unsure about moving into the inters as I don't want to b a rolling speed bump & hold people up or get in the way,I've done a few track days but nervous to move up,....wot u say??
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 21:34
Swings and roundabouts. I ran inters at the track I had most experience at but novice at anything else till I was happy.

Novice can be be full of riders all on different lines and many out of their depths which can be dangerous as you spend more time on avoiding action.

Inters is usually full of what Whitham would class as  ' ax murderers' and is generally the class that causes more red flags than the others.

Generally everyone thinks they're better than they are and want to stick with their faster mates which can cause pack riding. Same situation as novice but faster

From what I've seen generally Fast group is the safest if you could live with the speed as most of them are fast and capable riders who give people room.

If you're truly riding out of your class the more responsible trackday organisers will move you,some don't give a sh*t and just count the money.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 21:41
Originally posted by spiceweasel spiceweasel wrote:

I went last year on the falco & out of the 4 there mine was the one that lasted the day,I was in the novices & held my own,I'm unsure about moving into the inters as I don't want to b a rolling speed bump & hold people up or get in the way,I've done a few track days but nervous to move up,....wot u say??

I think you'll be absolutely fine mate, novice really is for people with zero track experience. Once you get into a group with faster people in you will learn so much from them... 

When I first started riding track I stayed in the novice group for too long due to confidence, when I finally did moved up I realised what i'd been missing πŸ‘πŸ˜
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 21:48
The main thing is to enjoy it,  but at the same time you should feel comfortable in your group. 
If you were faster than most of the riders in your group I would say move up. 
I was in the inters and it was my first trackday, but not my first time on track,  but a 33 years off track,  I was surprised to know that I was ok after a very long lay-off.  One thing I would definitely recommend is to go with an instructor at least in the second session.  It makes a big difference to your confidence and can speed you up greatly.  I was getting taken at Craners but after going out with the instructor I never got passed there again. 
Its hard to judge the speed of the other groups when you are just watching,  but some of the slow group were slow which is to be expected as for some it's their first time.  
I know some people did swap during the day, but I really don't know how that works,  I guess if there's two people that want to change they would swap you.
So if you found that it weren't for you, it might be possible to go back in the Novice.  But I reckon if you went with an instructor for one session you will be fine. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 23:35
Originally posted by spiceweasel spiceweasel wrote:

I reckon if you go with instructor for the first 2 sessions you will be fine. It's good way to learn your lines and the advice they give is invaluable . The plus thing is while you are with the instructor people give you plenty of room and they are aware that you are under instruction, it will give you a good start for the day and you will be able build on it with the following sessions . Also they have a good idea how you are in your group.  Everybody has to learn and trackdays is a lot better than racing.  At the same time being chucked in the deep end isn't so bad as it was in racing as you are surrounded by better quality of riders which pulls you along . I agree with IanG that the fast group is probably the safest , the fact that riders are of good quality and they can ride around with good degree of safety with even slower riders with them. Years ago you used to have international riders riding with club racers at ACU practice sessions.  I was actually at one at Brands where there were some classic bikes and you had Croz and Sheene riding with all of us and they had no problems and it went without incident.  Riders like that have no problem with slower riders.  You will probably be safer in the inters like IanG says. 
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:24
40 Booked on now!! Nearly at Half the number of last year in only two weeks!!!! πŸ‘πŸ˜¬ Great stuff!!!
πŸ”Ή ️Hosted by No Limits Trackdays
πŸ”ΉοΈ At Donington Park (GP Layout)
πŸ”ΉοΈ Date - Thursday 25th July
πŸ”ΉοΈ 3 Groups - Novice, Inters, Fast
πŸ”ΉοΈ 7 x 20 min sessions (1 hr lunch)
πŸ”ΉοΈ a LOUD day! (108db flyby, No Static)
πŸ”ΉοΈ £179.00 per place
πŸ”ΉοΈ TAF have exclusivity until Feb 28th!
πŸ”ΉοΈ Aprilia Offical will be Attending
At last count - 40 booked on (14/01/19)
🐌 Novice - 56 left
🐒 Inters - 36 left
πŸ‡ Fast - 47 left
☎ Booking By Phone Only!!! ☎
Reference - "The Aprilia Factory"
Number - 01525 877087
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 23:27
Cheers for the boost guys,..inters booked at end of the month.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 15:22
68 booked on so far, as of today.....πŸ˜€πŸ‘
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 15:28
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Getting there slowly matey!!! 😬😬😬
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 15:52
Another month should match last year's total at least shouldn't it fella, hopefully hit the 100 mark as well. 🀞🀞
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 05:48
Looking good then! I'll be booking on in the next few weeks Big smile

Is it July yet? Ha Ha

Anyone doing any other TD's this year? I've just booked my first one for a little track in Cardiff (Llandow). More of a winter shake down after servicing work etc. 
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 17:35
llandow is c**p better spending your money on pembrey

Vernero View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 16:10
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

That's a very respectable number all things considering. I'm sure it's going to grow substantially as time goes by.
Check out these affordable rangefinders for hunting that are very durable too.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 22:00
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

llandow is c**p better spending your money on pembrey

Just some early Spring fun I'm hoping Colin. It's an open day with Aberdare racing club. 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 21:45
Bump bump bump.....come on dude's , give yaself a treat and get those spaces booked up, let's get as many Ape's on it as possible πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:03
Good morning Gents!!! πŸ‘

85 Booked on! πŸ₯³ Only 2 and half weeks left! ⏰
πŸ”Ή ️Hosted by No Limits Trackdays
πŸ”ΉοΈ At Donington Park (GP Layout)
πŸ”ΉοΈ Date - Thursday 25th July
πŸ”ΉοΈ 3 Groups - Novice, Inters, Fast
πŸ”ΉοΈ 7 x 20 min sessions (1 hr lunch)
πŸ”ΉοΈ a LOUD day! (108db flyby, No Static)
πŸ”ΉοΈ £179.00 per place
πŸ”ΉοΈ TAF have exclusivity until Feb 28th!
πŸ”ΉοΈ Aprilia Officialwill be Attending
At last count - 85 booked on (11/02/19)
🐌 Novice - 46 left
🐒 Inters - 19 left
πŸ‡ Fast - 30 left
☎ Booking By Phone Only!!! ☎
Reference - "The Aprilia Factory"
Number - 01525 877087
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 23:01
Inters booked  today,hope it's sunny again πŸ‘
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
DaBi5cu1t View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaBi5cu1t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 17:46
I've never done a track day on a bike, do these Donny Days come with any form of tuition?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic