rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donnington Aprilia Track day 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donnington Aprilia Track day 2019
    Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 22:10
For those of you who didn't go last year, it was a cracking day with some beautiful bikes, making some beautiful noises!!

Liam (admin of The Aprilia Factory on FB) has organised another loud day at Donnington in July this year. 

So, if you fancy a cracking day, or even just a watch, get it booked in the diary. Spend your Christmas money wisely putting a huge grin on your face.

I'll be going up from the South Wales area if any body this neck of the woods fancies it .

spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 22:34
Is it with no limits again?
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 22:35
Sure is.
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 12:43
Didn't see her this year, I take it she'll be there next year for those of us who missed out.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 16:26
hopefully be able to ride down and watch this year now im on nights,
no struggling to put holidays in for it.

should be a cracking day.sadly my track days are long gone but itll be great to see/hear the 
whole shebang and a nice ride out.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 17:56
I will be going next year,  but I won't be taking the Aprilia, I am going to get my own back on them Rsv4s πŸ˜‚ 
I hope a few more of us go this time,  it was a good laugh too. Paddedcell , Tapmyhead will be going again next year. 
Badapple I hope you come this time round ✌
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 18:12
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

I will be going next year,  but I won't be taking the Aprilia, I am going to get my own back on them Rsv4s πŸ˜‚ 
I hope a few more of us go this time,  it was a good laugh too. Paddedcell , Tapmyhead will be going again next year. 
Badapple I hope you come this time round ✌

Cheers Richard I certainly hope so mate but like yourself I wont be on the Gen2,  but unlike you my steed will be a ratty old trackbike whereas you'll be tearing it up on a loony newun! Mission trackbike is in full swing currently got a few cheapo projects on the go, one fixed and up for sale the other I need to do a few bits to. Realistically if I can get to around 1000-1500 in the pot I'm good to go.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 18:32
Adam it good if you came whatever you are riding , it's just a laugh really and the weather should be ok.
I will be picking this up in the new year ,it's going to be the base for the Superstock bike I am building , I was going to buy a 2018 model but to upgrade the suspension ,brakes, exhaust and engine upgrades it would have been too expensive . So I went for 2015 which is about 70% of what I wanted . Just needs the brake finishing off and Ohlins fork cartridges and it will be there.  Just hope the surgeon can do something for me so I can get fit again , going to need it with 198 hp πŸ˜‚ 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 18:50
Yeah I wish I came last year mate sounded like you all had a fantastic day, Ad ( paddedcell) is encouraging me haha but I'm not a good spectator so I'm really trying to get the track hack sorted.

So you've decided to build up your own stocker! Cant wait to see how that comes along mate. Best of luck with the surgery you definitely will need full fitness,  or close to , to hold on to that weapon Shocked
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 18:51
BTW who nicked the picture of my missus to advertise this?????
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 18:56
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Yeah I wish I came last year mate sounded like you all had a fantastic day, Ad ( paddedcell) is encouraging me haha but I'm not a good spectator so I'm really trying to get the track hack sorted.

So you've decided to build up your own stocker! Cant wait to see how that comes along mate. Best of luck with the surgery you definitely will need full fitness,  or close to , to hold on to that weapon Shocked
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 19:00
Howdy Rich. 
 I'll be there, that dastardly Jonathan Palmer hasn't pulled our pants down too much with the price increase has he, still bleeding dear mind you but ill have a scratch about down the back of the sofa and see what change I can rustle upπŸ˜€... 

You might have to give me a lap head start next time though, if you're gonna be riding that rodeo bullπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 19:03
Yes Adam I thought I would build my own , this one is nearly there just needs finishing off.  HPK calipers, Ohlins ttx gp shock ,flashed ecu and autoblipper also mapped with 198 hp. I have decided to put the 1127 on hold for the moment.  I don't know if after riding that R1 ,I would have the stomach for spending 7 grand on the big Bore.  The Aprilia won't be forgotten though it will get Maxton fork internals to match the rear shock. 
If you get stuck take my Aprilia around,  she handles like a dream πŸ‘
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 19:11
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

Howdy Rich. 
 I'll be there, that dastardly Jonathan Palmer hasn't pulled our pants down too much with the price increase has he, still bleeding dear mind you but ill have a scratch about down the back of the sofa and see what change I can rustle upπŸ˜€... 

You might have to give me a lap head start next time though, if you're gonna be riding that rodeo bullπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚,  I found a Seton bellmouth kit , so if it still there when I get the bike I will put it , bring it up to 203 hp πŸ˜‚ .
I got fed up with them V4s ripping past us down the straight , that thing will be like a jet fighter coming out the corners with the afterburners lit up πŸ˜‚ .
I should get in one or two European trackdays in before Donington , I hope you can come at least one of them. 
I will probably shod it with slicks aswell for Donington ,on Dymags if I got any money left πŸ˜‚ 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 20:38
Bloody hell mate she's already in a pretty high state of tune then. I don't blame you for putting the 1127 on hold once you've ridden something like that it will never feel as " exciting " especially if its going to cost that much.......thats 5 trackbikes to me.

Very kind offer on the ride mate but you might want to watch my last trackday vid before you commit to that hahaha I got hit at around 80 by another rider . That's why im retiring the ape I can't afford to crash it and its only a matter of time before she's in the gravel. Ratty ninja/gixer is the cheaper option. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 20:52
I know what you mean Adam , it's hard to keep out of trouble on a trackday,  that was my first last year . After that I long to go on track again , too old to race now but I would like to go on some European trackdays for sure. Yes the bike has a few nice parts on it and fueling is sorted . 
Might find the power a bit of a shock but it has TC πŸ˜‚ . I will keep an eye out for good track bike for you.  There's some bargains out there.  I just wanted to have good go on a proper race bike before I get too old πŸ˜‚ 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 21:14
Richard you're way out of my league I would love to race but my best ever lap around snetterton would of put me 12th on the NBC grid hahaha so I don't think I'll be bringing home any trophies. Fair play to you for getting back on track mate must of brought it all back and the foreign TD's will be epic definitely on my list. Im a few deals away from having enough cash to buy but I have to do it been promising myself for years!

Now if you want to sling the keys over to the mad man i won't be able to catch them quickly enough heheWink
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 21:30
Adam I think the European ones are cheaper when you work it out in the long run.  I ain't that quick no more, it's different when you are young and you are doing it every weekend . See how it goes next year ,it will be great if you can come to a foreign trackday , Adam and Nige said they would be interested.  
Nobody else has ridden my bike with the 200 tyre in it πŸ˜‚ , I personally think it is better,  we will have to meet up a few of us,  you can have go on it , it set up with quite some ride height and the tyre makes it an inch taller on the back,  but the tyre wear was perfect, amazingly stable very quick to drop in even with that tyre, tbh after I sorted the front forks were twisted it was brilliant . If do come up to Donington,  take the animal R1 out for a session,  it would be an experience for sure πŸ˜‚ 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 21:48
Cheers buddy I'm holding you to that im going to make sure I can get there! As far as your Gen2 goes i won't even be able to get on it without a step ladderEmbarrassed mine is tall enough I'm only 5"4 with a generous tape! Be very interesting to see what difference it makes to the handling though. When the weather improves we'll have to arrange a central meet point, I work weekends ( on hols this week) but id happily book a shift off if it ment everyone could do it.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 21:56
You're welcome mate , when the weather gets better we will arrange that,  where we can all meet up and you can have a go on it no worries and see what you think. 
In the meantime try to get a bike for the foreign trackday and we can all get some sun at the same time πŸ˜‚ 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 23:18
sounds good to me mate 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 15:24
Hi Guys, I'm not on the forums but Adam has very kindly decided to liaise for me again like last year!

SO! it's a very similar format to  2018 and I've also manged to get us all a discount per place!
The target for this year is for the full 180 Aprilia's out on circuit!

TAF @ DONINGTON 2019!!!
This year its on the 25th July!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Hosted by No Limits Trackdays, it will be:
βœ” 3 Groups - Novice, Inters, Fast
βœ” 7 x 20 min sessions
βœ” a LOUD day!!! (108db flyby)
βœ” £179.00 per place
βœ” Exclusivity until Feb 28th!!!
βœ” Aprilia Offical will be Attending

Spaces Available 🚹🚹🚹🚹
🐌 Novice - 60
🐒 Inters - 60
πŸ‡ Fast - 60

Ready to book?!?!
☎ Call No Limits Booking Office ☎
Number: 01525 877087 
Reference: "The Aprilia Factory"

For those who have never attended a trackday i hope these FAQs below help...

➑️ Do we have Garages allocated to us?
Not yet! Me and No Limits are waiting to see how many we get booked on... if we fill the 180 places, booked garages won't be needed!

➑️ Is there food an drink on site?
Yes, there is a canteen onsite next to the pits, there will also be FREE tea and coffee available from No Limits

➑️ Can we camp the night before?
Donny is NOT allowing people to camp on site the night before... HOWEVER last year some people did sleep in Vans outside the gates!... β›Ί

➑️ Are there any local hotels?
Being near an airport there a tons of hotels in the area, I will be staying at the closest one to the circuit, the East Midlans Airport Premier Inn (2 mins down the road)... FYI the earlier you book it, the cheaper it is! Current prices are around £36 a night...

➑️ How do we get to the garages?
There are several entrances to Donny which DO NOT OPEN!... the entrance you need is the MAIN ENTRANCE next to the DONINGTON PARK FARMHOUSE HOTEL

➑️ How does the day run?
Gates open at 07:00 (Be early!)
Signing on is at 07:30
Riders Briefing 08:30
Track Time Starts 09:00 - 13:00
Lunch Time Break 13:00 - 14:00
Track Time Restarts 14:00 - 17:00

➑️ Is there fuel on site?
Fuel is on site should you need it, But it isn't cheap!!!... there is a BP Garage 1.9 miles from the circuit!...we recommend filling up here!

🏁 TRACKDAY TIPS / RULES 🏁

➑️ NO engines to be started before 9am... The Donington staff (fun police) are VERY strict on this!

➑️ Tyre and Suspension support will be on site on the day!

➑️ Tyre Warmers are HIGHLY recommended, power in the garages is available!

➑️ Keep the minimum amount of fuel in the garages at all time! Again the marshals are very hot on this!

➑️ Don't Crash 😳

Hope to see lots of you there!

Liam Dear
πŸ‘πŸ˜¬
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 22:44
At least 20 booked up already apparently, me includedπŸ˜€...get booking ladsπŸ‘Œ.

Oh and on a serious note, I know a few people were concerned with it being 60 riders per group last year but in all honesty, it really didn't feel too crowded , ask Dog78 or Tapmyhead or anybody else from here that went along, it really is a big enough,wide enough circuit to.eaaily accommodate that many riders and it was a really well organised day with very courteous riding for the most part😎

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 00:25
It's was alright Adam,  but I was worried but it was my first trackday and didn't realise that they let you out gradually on to the track.  I was thinking that 60 which is about twice  of a race grid πŸ˜‚ 
Yes the people were courteous for the most part, Liam come close to me when I was coming down the back straight,  he won't be doing that this year ,my R1SV will have about 70 more horses and two extra Clynders πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ .
I hope a few more of us go this year , he said he would reserve a garage last year, infact it was liveth land grab in the wild west getting the garage . The only way you would all get a garage together is to get there about 7am if not earlier,  if there's enough of us you could ask him , there was enough of that went from here to fill a garage easy last year βœŒπŸ‘

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 00:27
Twice the amount of the race grid I meant πŸ˜‚ , I think the biggest grid number I was in even at Brands was 34 πŸ˜‚ 
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 13:42
£179 is that discounted? It's the same as last year...
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 13:57
Originally posted by spiceweasel spiceweasel wrote:

£179 is that discounted? It's the same as last year...

Yeah, I think Mr Palmer has bumped up the prices all round this year so with the discount we get it at the same price. 
Still better than Silverstone, they've put their prices up so much No Limits aren't even doing any days there this year, £230 to do a day there through Silverstone themselves😲
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 19:17
Hi Guys!! my name's Liam πŸ‘πŸ˜

I run The Aprilia Factory group on Facebook, it's nice to meet you all and its really good to see all the interest in the July Day! Last time out was a great laugh...

To answer some of your questions...

The price MSVT was asking ment that no limits would have normally been charging £195 per place for the day this year, so in good faith they matched last year's price for TAF members ... I know it's a small amount per person, but over 180 spots thats £2700 they knocked off for simply a good will gesture.

Also, sorry to the gent I buzzed on the straight last year! Lol I'll be in fast group this year if you want some revenge! I couldn't move up last year as it was booked out so you got stuck with me! 🀣🀣🀣
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 23:27
Last year was brilliant. It was my first ever TD and I couldn't fault it, other than I'm now skint because I want to book more TDs and I don't want to ride the road LOL

Plenty of space on track, even with 60 per group. 

The biggest shock for me was the rush for the garages. Literally a free for all, so get to the gate early ready to go. I got to the gate at half 6 last year and was probably 20 vans back. 

If we could somehow reserve a garage for the AP forum that would be Wicked. Be great to put a face to some of the names πŸ‘πŸΌ
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 09:02
Originally posted by ODear_V4 ODear_V4 wrote:

Hi Guys!! my name's Liam πŸ‘πŸ˜

I run The Aprilia Factory group on Facebook, it's nice to meet you all and its really good to see all the interest in the July Day! Last time out was a great laugh...

To answer some of your questions...

The price MSVT was asking ment that no limits would have normally been charging £195 per place for the day this year, so in good faith they matched last year's price for TAF members ... I know it's a small amount per person, but over 180 spots thats £2700 they knocked off for simply a good will gesture.

Also, sorry to the gent I buzzed on the straight last year! Lol I'll be in fast group this year if you want some revenge! I couldn't move up last year as it was booked out so you got stuck with me! οΏ½£οΏ½£οΏ½£
πŸ˜‚,  hi Liam,  great you are a member now. You weren't that close, I had my V2 factory and that V4 come past at some rate of knots πŸ˜‚.  It will only be my second trackday so I will stay in the inters, but this year I will be on a 2015 Superstock R1, so thanks to you for encouraging me on track again I am going to skint like I was when racing,  but I enjoyed it so much I knew it would be a risk that I would want be on track again πŸ˜‚ .I am going to get in a few foreign trackdays before and hopefully I will regain some of my speed but at 59 I will be happy to get around in the inters sunny side up πŸ˜‚. 
It was a great day,  and to put names to people that you hadn't met in person. 
People were very helpful,  someone lent me a rear stand because my 200 tyre was bigger it wouldn't lift it of the ground, it was very kind of the lad to get his brother to bring a stand down for me. 
Looking forward to it.  Perhaps you could organise a European trackday for us as Donington has been a great success πŸ‘βœŒ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic