FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donnington Aprilia Track day 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donnington Aprilia Track day 2019
    Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 12:47
Originally posted by twinfan twinfan wrote:

Hi Dog I will PM youยฌ so we dont take over this track day thread, and soory to others if we did
Did you get booked in mate?  
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 09:28
๐Ÿ’ฅ That's it people! No more exclusivity for TAF at Donington 2019! With No Limits Trackdays... ๐Ÿ’ฅ 

Booked on at last count this morning!!! 
๐Ÿ‡ Fast - 48 (12 left) 
๐Ÿข Inters - Fully Booked! 
๐ŸŒ Novice - 33 (17 left)  
So we're looking at 141 out on circuit with a good couple of dozen spectators coming down for it too!!! So well over 150 Aprilias on the day! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 

If you STILL haven't booked on i would do so ASAP!!!... there was a large que (general public) waiting to book on as of this week (as its online again), with quite a few spaces going already this morning... ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ you've all had fair warning...  

BUT!!... Amazing turn out peeple! It's going to sound mental!!!๐Ÿ“£๐Ÿ“£ Roll on July!!! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 10:34
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

I won't be going but is this all Aprilia's? The sound will be awesome!
95% of those booked on so far are aprilia mate!! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜Ž
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 10:32
137 BOOKED ON!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 
AND ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT TO GUARANTEE YOURSELF A SPOT! โฐ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น TAF at Donington 2019! ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
๐Ÿ”น ๏ธHosted by No Limits Trackdays
๐Ÿ”น๏ธ At Donington Park (GP Layout)
๐Ÿ”น๏ธ Date - Thursday 25th July
๐Ÿ”น๏ธ 3 Groups - Novice, Inters, Fast
๐Ÿ”น๏ธ 7 x 20 min sessions (1 hr lunch)
๐Ÿ”น๏ธ a LOUD day! (108db flyby, No Static)
๐Ÿ”น๏ธ £179.00 per place
๐ŸŒ Novice - 32 left
๐Ÿข Inters - FULLY BOOKED
๐Ÿ‡ Fast - 25 left
โ˜Ž Booking By Phone Only!!! โ˜Ž
Reference - "The Aprilia Factory"
NL Office Number - 01525 877087
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 16:19
I won't be going but is this all Aprilia's? The sound will be awesome!
ODear_V4 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODear_V4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 16:16
120 BOOKED ON!!! ๐Ÿฅณ 3 Spaces left in the inters!! We have ONE WEEK LEFT and then that's it!!! โฐโฐโฐ

๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡ BOOKING INFO!! ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
At last count - 120 booked on (25/03/19)
๐ŸŒ Novice - 32 left
๐Ÿข Inters - 3 left
๐Ÿ‡ Fast - 25 left
Clueless View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 08:22
Booked yesterday
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 22:18
Is that wise?  I was at Anglesey waiting to go out on track when a rider suffered a heart attack coming onto the start/finish straight. He died and almost killed his best mate in the high speed crash that followed.  His wife and young kid were parked just across from me waiting for his session to finish,hell of a bad day all round as they closed the track before lunch with no refund after 2 sessions.

Just saying, we all have a collective responsibilty

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 14:22
No worries twinfan , i look forward to any advice offered. 
Many thanks ,Richard .
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 14:01
Hi Dog I will PM youยฌ so we dont take over this track day thread, and soory to others if we did
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 06:19

PM away, as I love the SP1 but at 68 and achey joints I thought the tuono will be a better for my body, although I rode the SP1 down to Le Mans for last years MotoGP and was fine its just not wonderful riding slow around town 
I got one to look at a SP1 , he says it won't rev cleanly and hesitates ,is it true that the fuel regulator are a common failure.  Tbh i didn't want to take it on as i have the Aprilia to service and  do a little work to and the R1 to build .
But it's for friend. The trouble is until you ride it ,you only have somebodys description of the problem ,He said i could take it for a ride to experience the problem. I never ridden one ,only the RC30 . So it will be a treat to ride it. Is there anything else that i could look at, that's common problem ?
All advice would be greatly appreciated,  thanks twin fan
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 06:08
PM away, as I love the SP1 but at 68 and achey joints I thought the tuono will be a better for my body, although I rode the SP1 down to Le Mans for last years MotoGP and was fine its just not wonderful riding slow around town 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 21:38
Oh i need some advice on the RC51 , so i may PM you for advice,  it would be greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ‘ 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 21:23
Good lad , i can't even ride either bike till i get hip injections.
But it's nothing serious as that , life is for living and as you survived that ,i think a trackday is in order .
I hope you feeling better soon,  i will be 60 this year ๐Ÿ˜‚ , and i learnt it too late,  squeeze as much as you can in, maybe not that late as i got the rsv and met you lot ๐Ÿ˜‚.
Get it booked, i look forward to meeting you. 
It's a trackday ffs, i am going to going there to have a good time,  also we will celebrate that you are still here ๐Ÿ‘
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 20:03
Thanks dog, It will have to be my R6 as my tuono is in boxes of bits, and I don't want to  risk my SP1
 I will try and book into the inters when I get out of this hospital (Had a heart attack on friday)
got to have something to look forward  too,  I have a track day booked at brands next month so got to be fit and well by then Thumbs Up
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 11:13

So is it a track day for aprilia's only or would my track bike be ok as it is an R6?
would I have to be in the corner like billy no mates? even if i promised to wear my aprilia AP tee shirt?

Hi twinfan , i am taking my 2015 R1 superstock up there ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚,  we can share a garage ๐Ÿ˜‚.. I will put R1SV  you could do the same with your R6. There's was quite a few other bikes there last year.  As much as i would like to take my V2 factory there,  her younger sister is going to get her own back other V4s for bullying her older sister down the straight and coming out if corners. They may have to drop a valve or to two to beat this animal 198 hp  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 11:03
So is it a track day for aprilia's only or would my track bike be ok as it is an R6?
would I have to be in the corner like billy no mates? even if i promised to wear my aprilia AP tee shirt?

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 20:40
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

Can't fault it Adam. 
Have you done track days before? 
Yeah mate. Done my first one about 10 years ago on my old ZX7R and got hooked instantly! Since those carefree days I've got married , had two kids and got a mortgage so I've never done as many as I'd of liked but still managed at least one a year so I've a few under my belt now. Until this year I've always used my roadbike but I've finally decided to get a trackbike this year and now my girls are older and I can get away a lot easier its all systems go. Even my wife is encouraging me to buy the bike for my birthday next week......result Big smile
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 20:29
Can't fault it Adam. 
Have you done track days before? 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 20:09
Well im edging closer to booking this up pick up the trailer Monday evening and just deciding between a few trackbikes. Soon as I 've got the bike im booking . 
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 18:21
We were the same last year Rich. I think we got to the hotel at midnight, 5 hours kip and at the gate for half 6 if I remember rightly. 
I'll probably be going up in the morning if I can go this year. Unless I can find an air BNB who'll let me put the trailer in the garage for the night. Only downside to a trailer rite. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 18:32
 I hope you can come Sam, we never got to meet up last time ,i don't if you stayed in the hotel.  But i didn't get there till late. With one problem or another .  Best of luck mate ๐Ÿ‘ 
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 17:53
I think I was more worried about actually doing it ha ha. It was my first TD, next time I'll ask someone. 

Not sure I can go this year now, I was relying on me mother to have my nipper but she's on holiday. Absolutely gutted. I haven't given up yet, I'm working on it. I'll have to butter the Mrs up with some flowers or some crap to see if she'll take a days holiday. LOL
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 17:42
Originally posted by Sam.moz86 Sam.moz86 wrote:

Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Originally posted by DaBi5cu1t DaBi5cu1t wrote:

I've never done a track day on a bike, do these Donny Days come with any form of tuition?

Yes they do , 

Well I wish I knew that last year. 
Sam didn't you go to the briefing, it was mentioned in that saying if you wish to get some tuition,  just ask any of the instructors๐Ÿ‘
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 14:57

I've never done a track day on a bike, do these Donny Days come with any form of tuition?

Yes they do , 

Well I wish I knew that last year. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 13:58

Yes they do , when you have signed in,  go and ask the instructor for some tuition.  He will give you a vest to allow everyone to know that you are under instructions and it's free,  come along and enjoy yourself.  We will be all there to help you out with anything else,  they are a great bunch on here and the Aprilia factory group. Go in the Novice as it's your first time and see what you think,  you will come away grinning    from ear to ear ๐Ÿ‘
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 17:12
Good news, I was going to book yesterday but this means I can spend some more money on the bike instead. LOL

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 16:04
Giving me some more room for thought as well
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 15:33
Originally posted by ODear_V4 ODear_V4 wrote:

Morning Gents!!

99 Booked on!! Plus some AMAZING NEWS! No Limits have given us a 1 MONTH EXTENSION to book on! Hopefully this will help some of you out!!! ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿค“ #TAFTrackday
At last count - 99 booked on (01/03/19) 
๐ŸŒ Novice - 36 left 
๐Ÿข Inters - 16 left
 ๐Ÿ‡ Fast - 29 left

Hope to see you there!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ฌ

That's definitely useful hopefully I'll be able to afford it by then.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 15:32

๏ฟผ๏ฟผThe new track base has arrived,  hpk discs and callipers, MHP exhaust,  TTX GP shock and a dyno sheet with 198hp. Autoblipper and ecu flashed.  Coming soon OZ gass wheels, Brembo rcs 19 corta, Ohlins forks built to SBK spec by MCT and TSS SLIPPER clutch.  Can't wait to get my injections in my hips so i can ride it ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Wow can't wait to see it Rich sounds like its going to be brutal. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic