rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worth selling?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: worth selling?
    Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 18:35
i bought a new carbon front hugger/mudguard for my 02 rsvr as the laquer had worn off the front of the original,back halfs fine ,just the front worn off.

now,is it worth me putting on ebay and how much would you put it up for,
or is it not worth anything and just keep it/get it re laquered for a spare?

i was going to sell it to fund towards a dark double bubble screen as its sat here doing nothing.

thoughts/advice fellas helpfull as always.Thumbs Up
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 19:03
Personally sell it on, I've kept hold of bits and peices over the years just in case but I've never used them again and generally forgotten about them, I'd say put it up for half the cost of the screen, if it sells that's a result..
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 19:05
true buddy,anyone handy with the old laquer will soon have it like new and its the genuine mille r item.
ill bung it on and see if it goes.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 20:30
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

true buddy,anyone handy with the old laquer will soon have it like new and its the genuine mille r item.

And that's why you should do the refurb, keep it and sell the non OE one. Just my thoughts Wink
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 21:03
I recently bought a gloss carbon dash board for my Gen 1 Tuono. Rubbed it down and sprayed with matt lacquer, it came up lovely. Just use a decent aerosol, I used Halfords own.
De grease properly, spray multi thin layers, keep dust free if at all possible (I took mine to work and did it in an aircraft spray bay), and let it cure as long as possible; once air dry, the airing cupboard is great for this.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic