rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia 660cc twin shown with active aero.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aprilia 660cc twin shown with active aero.
    Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 18:21

looks nice, with no silly rear shock linkage, to break, to wear, etc

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 18:23
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 19:05
Dissapointing.

Too focused on being a superbike and in a cc class that is dying on it's arse. Who the hell needs active aero on a road bike ffs, just adds to the cost for little gain. Shame as another 200cc and a bit more confort and it might have been interesting.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 19:22
half an rsv4 engine what’s not to like?

It’s made Mini twin race class

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 19:33
Now that could be fun on track with just enough power to have fun but without the stupid amount of power of the big brother.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 19:36
That was what I thought Thumbs Up

A 660cc super sharp handling twin floats my boat far more than it's big brother 1100.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 19:42
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

Now that could be fun on track with just enough power to have fun but without the stupid amount of power of the big brother.

indeed but that will also be it's undoing as a sales success. Not many people buy bikes for race tracks and it misses the boat as a road bike. Kind of as the SXV etc did.

Aprilia need another poor selling bike like a hole in the head.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 20:26
I'll give the stator 6k miles.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 20:34
It looks sweet but much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Spoonz. The mid range sportsbike market is dead, if Honda can't survive there no-one can.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 20:39

And red crankcases are so 1970's (reminiscent of honda's red rockets) and ferrari's testa rossa, could it be Aprilia's itbreak rossa !

Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 22:44
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

I'll give the stator 6k miles.

*snickers*
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 06:31
Originally posted by Af1 Af1 wrote:

And red crankcases are so 1970's (reminiscent of honda's red rockets) and ferrari's testa rossa, could it be Aprilia's itbreak rossa !

That is the nuts!!!!!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 09:19
If that fits in the mini twin class it will change the game. Think I heard 105hp and 160kg wet. If that's not just internet rumours it could make a great track bike and will blow the Suzuki and Kawasaki mini twins out the water.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:33
Originally posted by Af1 Af1 wrote:

Graham Noyce used to live 2 miles from me and was regularly on track with his locally. It was art compared to what we had at the time. His parties are legendary.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 17:17
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

If that fits in the mini twin class it will change the game. Think I heard 105hp and 160kg wet. If that's not just internet rumours it could make a great track bike and will blow the Suzuki and Kawasaki mini twins out the water.
yeah the rules need to rewritten ha ha 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 17:28
Wonder how much it will cost.

Thinking more about it I think it will make a great road bike too. Or a good fun Sunday bike anyway. Being that lightweight will be great for our A and B roads and better for round town too. Plus it's really not that far off the power of a Mille if the specs are right. More than enough power for the road and should handle corner and brake brilliantly. I think I'm more excited about this than the new 1100 RSV4..
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 18:39
That was exactly my thinking earlier 

Although to counter that I'd never again buy a new bike,never again buy a new model bike with all the new model glitches,and never pay the sort of money this would undoubtedly cost on something like an Aprilia with their awful dealer network and service situation.  

Likewise I would never buy a V4 given their reputation for eating engine parts,at least Ducati seem to care somewhat about their customers and I have a main dealer 5 mins away who demands his staff give excellent customer care at all time.

Not that I fancy buying a 'duc either Wink  but this 660 seems to be a potentially good road bike to me,even though it would never sell in huge numbers. Although if it turned out to be a really good bike and reliable perhaps Piaggio could succeed where the likes of Honda couldn't by satisfying a niche market?

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 19:09
Niche usually means small numbers but that may be the intention.  A lot depends how it makes it’s power but most parallel twins I have ridden have been a bit bland.
My guess for price is 2 models, base/factory. £12500 and £14500

as has been said I think the market has largely matured away from superbikes unless it’s a marque with big brand identity.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 19:25
Of course Ian. Any new bike I see that I like I think "I'll be looking out for you in 10 to 15 years when you're cheap" ha.

I think this is targeted at the Asian market that seems to gradually be able to afford higher and higher spec bikes. I hope it is successful because I like the direction they are going with it. They seem to be using their heads on this one I think. Of course I'll probably take that back if this ends up selling for only a grand or so less than an RSV4!
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 21:28
Got some more info on the bike. Aprilia say it is a "premium" supersport machine (think that means expensive) aimed at the asian market and novice riders looking for their first larger capacity machine. (novice riders can afford premium ?)

The bike will be about 160kg and make 105 bhp (that's at the crank so 90 ish real world ponies) The engine is to be the basis of a new range of bikes aimed at expanding Aprilia's markets. (read into that asia) So expect a trailie etc to follow. Hence that capacity which is apparantly popular in Asia although less so in the West
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 19:19
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 17:40
Question everything.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 18:23
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic