rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get saving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get saving
    Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:40
Just came across this,it had to happen sometime

Hopefully it will be more reliable than the earlier ones
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:54
Seems like a case of stick a tuono motor in it and change a bit of plastic. 

there is a twin on the horizon though ;)
Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:05
They are going to have to come up with something new soon

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 11:07
A twin? Interesting. Any details?

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 12:40
Originally posted by RSV_Ecosse RSV_Ecosse wrote:

A twin? Interesting. Any details?

Half a v4 motor literally. So same tech as the v4 essentially.  Probably not 1000cc, maybe 800 ish.

Problem aprilia have is that v4 sales are not big so that reduces the willingness of Piaggio to commit to new models. 

They still don’t get that it’s what happens after the sale that matters as much as the product itself. That is what hursts sales not spec.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 12:43
It'll be a parallel twin though I suppose,,similar concept to the 790 Superduke...a nice fun bike(if they do it right)but doubtful it'll be anything to really get the juices flowing of a V-twin fan☹
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 14:22
Ohh thats some impressive figures but all pointless if it goes bang after 2000 miles. Let's hope they've got it sorted because that will be a hell of a bike imo.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 14:28
They  are impressive figures aren't they Ad, I love it in that black and carbon stealth colourscheme as well.... as good as it is though*putting the reliability issues to one side), it does seem a bit of a last hurrah,  kind of like MV Agusta keep doing with the F4, to fight back against the V4 Panigale...they're going to need a whole new bike to really take the fight to that thing I think though🤔
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 14:47

Piaggio are good at selling cheap scooters expensively, they have NEVER managed to sell performance bikes. The bought aprilia and killed it off almost completely, killed off the 2 strokes, killed off the other interesting aprilia bikes. They cant even race properly now!
f@kk piaggicvnts. I would never buy a piaggio bike.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 19:18
Aprilia lost the plot when they departed from the sucessful V2 formula.
V4? 
If you're chasing power, great, but otherwise, meh.
Ducati same as.
As for Piaggio....if I saw them go to the wall tomorrow, I'd go straight out and treat myself to a bottle of Moet.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 21:00
214bhp ffs.

damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 21:06
I think it's a shame they don't make the Caponord anymore, I love the look of the Rally Caponord.  If I was ever to buy an adventure bike I would seriously consider one, and that's even without an aprilia dealer in Ireland.

Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 21:18
Originally posted by damo46 damo46 wrote:

I think it's a shame they don't make the Caponord anymore, I love the look of the Rally Caponord.  If I was ever to buy an adventure bike I would seriously consider one, and that's even without an aprilia dealer in Ireland.

They only sold 14 here in its last year, and at a discount hence why it didn’t make sense financially to continue with it. Touring bike owners generally want good residual values with bigger mileages, extensive European dealer coverage and reliability. 

If I’m very generous I’d give them 1 out of 3

damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 22:14
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

Originally posted by damo46 damo46 wrote:

They only sold 14 here in its last year, and at a discount hence why it didn’t make sense financially to continue with it. Touring bike owners generally want good residual values with bigger mileages, extensive European dealer coverage and reliability. 

If I’m very generous I’d give them 1 out of 3

LOL Fair point , I better take off my rose tinted glasses Cool

Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 00:24
I agree with the last hurrah bit,it looks like a tweaked V4 with Tuono barrels as a quick fix to make it more relevant.

I really don't see a place for bikes like this on our crowded and potholed,over policed roads anymore.

I think the UK is the last bastion of superbike sales these days,it seems other markets have moved on to more practical bikes these days.

Certainly if I lived in a big city I wouldn't consider owning a big,heavy sportsbike,I've just got back from another trip to Vienna and there is an almost total absence of big sportsbikes there apart from the odd big beemer,quite a few 600's around though.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 01:15
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I think the UK is the last bastion of superbike sales these days,it seems other markets have moved on to more practical bikes these days.

Yup, agree Ian.
I can remember touring europe 20 years ago, and I was amazed at how few sports bikes there were. 
The continental ride of choice was mainly trailies.
The days of weapons grade sports bikes are numbered
If you exclude scoots and mopeds, the big sellers are adv bikes, nakeds, retros and scramblers.
Almost forgot...the cruiser market is suffering too. Tough years ahead for the likes of HD

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:14
Triumphs bobber is selling really well. I think HD is being hit hard because as Ian says, there are so many more practical - but still fun - bikes available now, the market is far more varied meaning the buying choice is less polarised.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic