rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:23
i always wanted an R but never had the cash/chance.
i had lots of milles and dreamt of being able to buy the o.z rims and all the carbon bits/ohlins ect
to tart mine up,but when you find bargains at 2500 in very good condition,
its just a no brainer.

i was vvery tempted with a silver non R near me,very low mileage and good condition
id have been very happy with it,and id have had a mille with lower miles,
but ive had 3 silver gen 1's now and id still have hankered for an R.

does look nice,akra can plus o.e,pillion stuff and only 9k.

the red is very nice in the gen 1,loved my red one very much and i dont usual like red cars or bikes.
if you can find a nice non R,with the pillion seat and pegs,well cared for,go for it pal.
dont narrow your choices just aiming for the R.

equally as nice a bike and most cant notice the o.z wheels difference ect.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:43
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:53
quite like this gen 2 ,few issues but a nice bike and you get alot for probably £3k!

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 13:27

That one would need some careful looking at. It's a 1999 bike with a full set of 2001 bodywork (Including front and rear light units and dash/clocks) that don't look colour matched and a 2002 tank. I actually contacted the seller a couple of months ago asking about its history and his reply was 'Don't know anything about it mate', no more, no less! There's definitely a story behind it.

We are a bunch of hypocrites one here though, we happily mod our bikes then look with suspicion when others have done the same. Maybe the owner just wanted to update the look of it but maybe there is more to it.

Ebor matt View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ebor matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 15:21
I must admit the same legend88 ideal situation is to buy one standard and do all bits yourself ,but then again if the owner has taken time to strengthen the weak points. 

I do like the silver one that's the best, but I do admit I like the bolder colours of red, yellow etc.

Made me laugh the one where the guy on eBay his name is flat out rich and he's pulling a great wheelie in his picture 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 16:55
good spot legend,im not up on what bodywork should be on which model or what changed when.
ive only had 02 and 03 bikes,just looking at cheaper ones for o.p or mid priced bikes just for ideas.
im guessing hes seen most of them already though.

the silver does clean up very well,always looks smart and classy,they can come across dull in pics but its a good colour,with the dark grey wheels and doesnt show scratches or marks as bad.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 20:16
Originally posted by Ebor matt Ebor matt wrote:

I must admit the same legend88 ideal situation is to buy one standard and do all bits yourself ,but then again if the owner has taken time to strengthen the weak points.

That's pretty much all I've done with mine. Improved the wiring, induction and exhaust to make a good bike great and added a couple of extra carbon bits. I don't think they need much more but each to their own at the end of the day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic