rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSV4 Dropped valve at 160mph...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 09:41
Morning Adam, there were two only available and he's not going to build anymore,  basically four blanks for the bores , enough for two motors , so me and a friend decided to take the last ever two. There was more to it than I envisaged.
The manual cam chain tensioners are from the Team Punisher.  I was going to use Kent cams but the compression ratio had to be lowered,  after that I thought this ain't going to be straight forward.  It ain't a normal build , the head gasket has to have loctite 3020 used on it and it goes on . So I didn't have enough knowledge. So I said to Joakim it's your baby it would be nice if you delivered it 😂 .
After a lot of pleading he agreed as he is a busy man.
The heads I am porting myself,  I need an Evo 6 exhaust system and missed out on a nice one from Amurai,  or it will have to be a Smalmoto G5. The Siemens ecu is going ,to be replaced by an Ignijet and if I can afford version, it will have everything including traction control , ignition timing,  quick shifter,  cooling fan control and pit limiter . So I will only have one unit doing all that,  they also reckon the engine rush smoother.  I am going to ask Fredrick's who has a 1127 cc to send  his map for his Ignijet,  so it can be loaded on at Ignijet before its shipped giving me half a chance to get it running before I take both of them to JHS tuning to map it after running it in a little,  I don't feel it's fair on the engine to put it straight on the Dyno with new pistons and bores . Soon as the build starts I will start a new post showing progress and any problems that I may run into. 
Yes Diablo has been a great help through my leg problems a great inspiration to anyone . 
Sorry Drew for hijacking your post mate , I will keep an eye out for an engine for you. 2 strokes 😂 , yes I have a lot of experience with them and you do get used it to them , also the garage time to the riding time ratio was ridiculous sometimes with them . But I will always love them especially the RGB Susuki which will always be my favourite engine to work on,  tbh that was quite reliable engine. 
Drew.D View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew.D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 18:51
Hi buddy...sorry for not replying sooner.. I've been out at my graft all day gotta save up to get my v4 fixed lol...if you have any details of the bike let me know and I will get in contact with him.... cheers for your help... is it an aprc model ??
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 19:01
Originally posted by Drew.D Drew.D wrote:

Hi buddy...sorry for not replying sooner.. I've been out at my graft all day gotta save up to get my v4 fixed lol...if you have any details of the bike let me know and I will get in contact with him.... cheers for your help... is it an aprc model ??
Hi Drew,  if he's still got it,  you maybe lucky.  Yes it's has got Aprc,  Ohlins almost new Gp shock and a Nova gearbox,  which is the other weakness . Might be an idea to break  yours because thus one got low miles also some good kit on it. I wiish i had the courage to buy it  😂Good luck mate
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 20:40
Yes apologies Drew hijack over we'll pick this up when you start a new thread Richard.  Im very interested though mate sounds like an excellent build. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Drew.D View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew.D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 19:47
No probs guys you can hijack my thread anytime...the 2011 rsv4 for 6500 is unfortunately sold... so I will need to continue the hunt I'm afraid. Many thanks for your help 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic