rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Bikes for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking like I'm gonna sell my Gen 1 R

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking like I'm gonna sell my Gen 1 R
    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 17:04
bike never get ridden now I have my kids. Its a lovely bike with loads of trick bits for your added pleasure including all the usual refinements from AP. From memory it has the following

That clutch mod which makes it better (?) 
Rear sets 
Proper Brembo front mc/lever
The airbox mod thing
Battery cables from that chap who does them 
One of those racing ti pipes that make it sound like it's going to kill someone
Proper slipper clutch fitted by griff himself (sigma I think) 
Almost new bridgestone tyres. I forget which type but they're track derived and modern 
Brand new chain and sprockets (whichever size AP recommended) 
I think its on about 12k miles. 
Has been serviced at griffs place and he knows the bike

Sounds great, looks great. It's the matt black version with blue wheels. If you're reading this then you've seen it all before.

Im selling cos I'm trying to tighten up on expenditure basically and I will kill myself on it because I have absolutely no self control. I've had it for a good while now and it's never let me down. 

I also have quite a few decent track tires which can be negotiated for, some warmers, stands and all that kerfuffle.

The only thing it needs really is for someone to buy some fixings and put the fairings on properly again cos I lost a few of them when I moved house. They're fixed on enough to ride it at full tilt but it'd just finish it off. 

£3200 is the figure that seems about reet to me. Let me know what you think. 

Please don't be negative on my post regarding the price as I haven't really got a clue. If its too expensive then just make me aware please.

Thanks guys. 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 17:11
shame youve got to sell buddy,but good luck with the sale.
price seems on the money to me,i recently paid 2500 for mine but it has higher mileage.
get some pics up to help the sale,i usualy sell mine on ebay on a classified add.
less idiots and timewasters than gumtree ect.
all the best mate.
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 17:15
cheers dude. Everytime I turn a wheel on it all I can see is my little kids faces and then it's like my wallet just turns around a sticks both fingers up at me. Time to move on and put the cash into a lovely family car we can enjoy. 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:30
But will that lovely family car be much good around Donnington? Wink

Sounds like the onset of maturity to me, first the T shirt, now the bike LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 14:21
ill miss it for sure Ian but I've got my eyes an a great big Merc. Having 9 points doesn't help either with insurance for 3 vehicles... How is everything anyway? You all good? 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 15:23
I'm good thanks mate,it seems decades ago we met up at Donny, how the family these days?

Like you I've not done much riding recently, less than 500 miles on the T in the last year and the Mille's not turned a wheel for over 2 1/2 years.

I'm thinking about getting out of bikes tbh.  No pleasure road riding anymore and not done a trackday since Spain a couple of years ago so really pointless having a track bike.  Doesn't owe me anything though so just sorned and buried under boxes in the garage. 

I'm spending more time abroad at my eldest daughters place as time goes on so I have less and less time to go riding anyway. 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 19:45
good luck to you mate.
ive tried it a few times,but i miss opening that garage door and seeing a bike in there.
its a horrible feeling once someones rode off on your pride and joy.
maybe it just wasnt time fr me yet.

i had lots of nice cars,but got sick of new scratches and stone chips every week when i washed it.
just cant seem to keep em nice like you can bikes,spose they do get used all year round,in all weathers though.

when i do pack in,itll be something robust like a 4x4 for me,take my lad off roading then,
something we can all do together.

hope you get a fast,no hassle sale and good car too mate,
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 16:18
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I'm thinking about getting out of bikes tbh.  

Ho you me auld mucker .. we still have a "who`s the plodder" battle
aroon Anglesey before ye can hang up yer helmet LOL 
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 16:39
Don't forget I've seen the speed you can get round there, no way would I try and beat that LOL

Especially on old treaded tyres, I have no wish to be a skin graft candidate

How is the fly juice these days? Ouch

I can see me selling the T next year though, the Mille will probably stay just for something to play with if I get bored

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 17:08
Sorry for the thread lock Steve .. hope you get a good sale and pick up 
a good family road cage ... and big up to you for the guts to make the call Clap
All the dead flesh and brown juice has gone Ian .. open to the four winds
and no more stink .. I`ve even had to start changing my socks again .. downer ...
May keep the set up one more season.. then go lighter unit .. or another big off
that causes her indoors to brain me once and for all ...Angry
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 17:57
my post is your post 😁
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 21:59
email me some pics to load up and help the sale 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 08:32
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

email me some pics to load up and help the sale 

That's very kind nate. When I get the chance I shall do. Thanks. 
sheep911uk View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheep911uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 17:26
is this still for sale?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic