rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nicely quiet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nicely quiet
    Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 21:20
I remember owning a 2006 RSVR and joining the forum. Weeks later, everything crashed and I'd wondered what had happened. The forum I was involved with just disappeared. I sold the lovely V due to circumstances not long after.

Many many years later I joined this forum and it's been amazing. I recognise many of the old names from years ago.

There's still a lot going on with this forum and it's the best I've ever joined but it seems very quiet these days. Is it because there is other V4 forums out there maybe?

It's nice on here because unlike other forums, it's not got a silly member that likes to rant about this, that and the other. My bike has now gone but I'm addicted to the forum and I love reading what everyone has to say because 99% of the time it's lovely to read and think about.

Well done to all for giving this forum the credibility that it deserves.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 21:42
Totally agree, I get the feeling the shop are only concentrating on Facebook, I didn't even know this year that the open day had happened until after and they didn't bother putting any photos etc on here.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 23:19
This forum has always been more technically focused and dare I say grown up than purely a social platform, probably at the expense of volume. Personally I'm more than happy with that. Forums are also somewhat yesterdays news as they don't port onto phones etc as well as Facebook, twitter etc. Many bike forums have seen big drops in volume including Af1 which is the benchmark, although saying that our hit rate is largely the same, just new post count is down, same for Af1.

Facebook is largely ZZZZZZZZZZ,for me, far to much off topic verbal diarrhea but for AP volume means customers so it's marketing sense for them to focus on Facebook.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 05:36
I agree, absolutely love this place Ive gained so much knowledge from you guys which has given me the confidence to tackle jobs which I would of never dreamed of doing before. It is very quiet recently  but I think most topics have been covered so many times and a lot of people go to faceache because they are already on it for other reasons where as I and quite a few others are not on it and would rather be on here, much friendlier and genuine. It is a shame AP don't seem to monitor the aite and post up aruff like the open day but I understand where Spoonz is coming from. As long as I have a bike I'll be hanging around. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 07:30
Me too.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 08:12
yep been thinking the same and like you mr apple i found out so much about my bike i been on facebook lately and with the questions they ask i think to myself why dont you come here and ask as i think there is so much more knowledge here and people know what they are on about and dont talk bollox and when it is quiet here i like to read up on all the old topics so in the unlikely event my bike wont start i know where to look 
grumpy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 09:13
my default will always be the forum here. You tend to get the answers you need without the keyboard warriors getting in the way.
With facebook , topics disappear quickly and can be difficult to find again. Here they are in a n organised manner for all to see (until a web page update sends it into turmoil).
I do understand that the forum takes time, effort and moneyto keep it running smoothly unlike facebook where the headmaster has to be constantly in the room...

I shall continue with the forum, although not the biggest contributer I am here. Thumbs Up
bullitt1964 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullitt1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:08
i don't post much but when I do always a great response and love reading other posts and learn a lot cheers guys 
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 11:19
yep totally agree with everyone hear 
It's always the 1st stop for information on the bike and always someone willing to help or point in the wright direction.thanks from meBig smile keep it up.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 17:09
I'm here because of the great info I found when I started looking. I stay here because of that great info and the good natured banter that can be found (As said without the keyboard warriors) and like to give back a little when I can. I went to an AP service day and buy parts from AP because of this forum and that's the bit that seems to be missing now. As has been said, I understand Griff and co need to be where the volume of people are but it would be nice if they could pop in here now and again at least with the important stuff.

kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 17:26
Havnt had a bike in 4 years ....still keep coming back !!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 19:26
Originally posted by kiwi_rsvr kiwi_rsvr wrote:

Gluten for punishment!!!! That's what Frankie done to you
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 20:15
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

HaHa Dont mock the Frankie .....
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 20:29

Your right im asking for it
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 22:17
The knowledge I've accumulated & passed on to friends from this place is unreal,the forum is the 1st place my phone goes to on opening the tabs/search,I agree AP should pop in now & then & also I didn't know about the open day until after the event,I don't do face ache  (2 many dicks) ,everyone has an opinion & it's nice that we here are civil and helpful...keep it going 🤘👍
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 06:40
I'm another one who doesn't do fakebook, never knew about the open day either until it had been and gone.
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 09:09
The folks are always here when you want help, if nobody is asking for advice then they must be doing something right. I'd expect a slow down in problems, if like me people aren't getting as many miles in now that winter is quickly approaching.
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:51

Your right im asking for it
You sure are  - You might turn ................
.into a goodapple
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:31

You sure are  - You might turn ................
.into a goodapple

Or an adams apple, although that would be hard to swallow !

I'll get me coat
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 14:44
LOLLOL
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 21:45
Well living in Southern Ireland where there are no Aprilia dealers I have found this forum of great help. Even bought some nice stuff of lads on here, ebay is grand but you can be guaranteed anyone selling stuff on here can be trusted. A draw for a set of tyres or something through the shop might be nice, I know it was done for rearsets,  but everyone needs tyres Big smile
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 06:54
I check in every day, but don't post very often as my ape is in multiple bits, from a new frame build up from scratch, as everybody has said the knowledge base of the guys on here is fantastic, and i have already learnt of many things I will be checking as it slowly builds to life, and I have bought loads of bits from guys on here (carbon) and EVERYONE has been great.
long may the site continue!!!! and a big thanks to everyone who keeps it running
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 08:16
Originally posted by twinfan twinfan wrote:

........    and a big thanks to everyone who keeps it running

Yes, well said. Let's not forget that, as AP do still support it along with the volunteer mods.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 08:17
Originally posted by damo46 damo46 wrote:

Well living in Southern Ireland where there are no Aprilia dealers I have found this forum of great help. Even bought some nice stuff of lads on here, ebay is grand but you can be guaranteed anyone selling stuff on here can be trusted. A draw for a set of tyres or something through the shop might be nice, I know it was done for rearsets,  but everyone needs tyres Big smile

We ran into some legal issues with PayPal doing the raffles we had but it could happen again in some form
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 17:40
Good place to get some feedback on your lawn, fence & general grounds maintenance too.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 20:33
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

Good place to get some feedback on your lawn, fence & general grounds maintenance too.

Probably more critical than bike advice !!!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic