rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance time again!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance time again!!
    Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 14:44
Just had my renewal come through for what would be the 3 year with Bennetts ( the previous renewal had only been a couple of £+ so I'd rolled it over)

This time was different though,it had jumped 40% which I thought was taking the p*ss a bit but they'd written  " lowest quote from our panel of insurers"

Phoned them and found that Equity Red Star who were one of the biggest bike insurers was no longer taking bike business so that was the reason.

Told the helpful lady on the phone that I had alternative quotes lined up around the £120 mark (which was true) and lo and behold she found that they (Bennetts) could do the exact same deal as before for only £92 LOL

It just goes to show you have to be prepared to call their bluff

For the sake of 1/2 Hour online and 10 mins on the phone my annual premium went from a projected £173 down to £92 exactly like for like as before with the same broker  Big smile

And I thought Highway Robbery was a thing of the past Shocked

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 18:42
Does that quote cover any mods Ian?
I got the same extortionate renewal quote from Bennetts and I had 3 bikes insured with them; decided to give my money to someone else and eventually got a v good quote covering all my mods with Adrian Flux / Bikesure.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 19:02
No mods on this bike but when I insured my Mille with them in the past things like cans were noted but not penalised.

Going back with A F and Bikesure was my planned next move as I only left them in the first place due to them hiking a renewal one time,that caused me to go to Carole Nash and getting a good 'new customer 'deal.

A F are really good with modded bikes and cars,but like most brokers they get greedy when you've been with them for a few years and start taking you for granted.

It was one of their team that advised me to change my insurance company every year and to never renew,even with them  Confused

They quoted me £121 for the T just as a comparison to Bennett's Ageas £92
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 19:45
There is absolutely no point in being loyal to any insurer. I've learned that lesson with home and car insurance as well as bikes. They're all robbing b'stards.
Quite surprised about ERS though, well known bike insurers, up until now I guess.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 20:04
they should wear a dick turpin mask mate,all of em.
ive had renewals through many times over the years,and its always shot up,
then you do a go compare,and your present insurer is cheapest by a long way ffs.

all knob jockeys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic