rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hilltop motorcycles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hilltop motorcycles
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 01:18
Saw a recent YouTube video from LCR at performance bikes ( yes he's irritating but some good content) where he had his gsxr re-programmed, something to do with using different software in the existing ECU so perhaps similar to flashing??

Seemed to get good results and they've certainly got some happy customers if you can believe online reviews. I've emailed them a few questions relating to our bikes and he can work with them and has in the past with decent results. 

Has anyone ever been there or know of them they are based in trumpet country.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 07:47
Would of been more convincing if they had before and after fueling graph, just said it was to lean to do a full power run first time. As the main goal is to make Euro fueling better.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 17:30
This was exactly what I was thinking mate seemed strange not to reveal the air/fuel mix when thats apparently the reason why the bikes don't run to the best of their abilities. Whiff of snake oil perhaps or we are very cynical. 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 18:33
Being cynical about these sort of claims can usually save you money

If it was proveable they would shout about it,I know modern bikes run lean for emission purposes and usually run far better when enriched but that's modern bikes which ours are not.

I believe the dip in midrange in ours was to satisfy noise regs not emissions per se and it was not solely mixture related so I doubt just enriching would do much good.

Perhaps some kind soul would care to offer themselves as a guinea pig so we could find out ?

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 20:41
Very good point Ian. This is why I'd thought Id ask on here to see if anyone has been the "guinea pig " looking through the reviews it seemed to be lots of GS owners which is what got mr attention being a big twin but I hadn't thought about the difference in age and therefore standard set ups due to EU emissions. 

Ive never felt the need to buy a pc5 / pc3 because the fuelling on all my gen2s has felt very good not jerky and plenty of power but im also always interested in new ways of doing things. 
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 21:12
on the bmw forum hilltop are discussed a lot. Very much marmite but they do seem to have a rep for a very very optimistic dyno
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 21:25
Hahaha.  I was wondering if you had heard of them spoonz being an owner of the Bavarian beast! 
greenman1966 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenman1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 20:11
I've seen his videos too. He is a bit ambiguous over what he is doing, but I think he is putting something simiair to power commander software into an unused memory space then getting it to run in the background somehow. So in theory it doesn't void any warranty because he isn't changing the fuel and spark tables.
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 11:24
I've just watched vid he seems to say all the write stuff and I like the sound of the ram air on his dyno he also mentioned the bike will learn and should get better over time like an auto tune.seems too good 
The air fuel thing tho is a bigun to miss out tho, interesting stuff tho good find.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic