rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tigcraft exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tigcraft exhaust
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 13:38
Been running my bike on the stock cans the last few times I've ridden it as its trackday season and couldn't be bothered to keep swapping them over for trackdays then road so just left the stocks on. 

Got quite used to the lack of noise and I think the standard Gen2 cans look pretty nice although VERY heavy . Decided to put the Tigs back on today as its unlikely I'll do another trackday and id forgotten just how gorgeous they sound but more importantly just how much better the bike feels. Way my urgency throughout the revs and a noticeable increase in power far more than sny other aftermarket exhaust I've fitted. 

Never bothered with dyno time before as ive always been very happy with the fuelling but id love to know what power she's putting out certainly feels frisky!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 15:46
and they look simply stunning mate.
The milles need a can on,that huge std one that was on mine totaly killed all the v twin sound,and sweet christmas,you simply cant believe how heavy that feker is!!

I appreciate the sound more having this akra now.
Never had one on a mille before,but had a 4xv r1 with one and it was 1db louder than stock,so it put me off them for a mille in the past.

But theres such a thing as TOO loud,like alot of gp short cans ect,
An i was guilty of loving the mivv gp cans previously,
It was VERY VERY loud but a bit chavvy.
But this akra is a much deeper,quality sound.
My mrs said the mivv embarassed her,as did my bike racer/mechanic friend.

Maybe ive just gotten old anf boring lol.

I bet the tigs sound glorious buddy!
CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 23:47
My favourite sound is from Akrapovic Evo systems, I have the SP slip ons on at the moment and it's close but not the same, if I find another bike that I want to keep I'll refit the full system.

I had Tig slip ons years back and sold them, just far too loud and did nothing more for the bike than other stuff I had. It was embarrassing starting it up in the morning in between two houses, mad. Great welds though haha
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 09:18
Id love a full system but never had an opportunity to get one. I've had stock, stock cored, arrows, quill, sp engineering and finally the Tigcraft. 

I don't consider them that loud maybe slightly louder than the arrows but deeper but definitely not as loud as the cored cans and certainly not the uber offensive noise of the sp. The build quality on the arrows was by far the best i loved those csns but the welding on the tigs is amazing. 

May be a placebo effect but it really does feel much quicker than it did running the stock cans. 
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 16:27
full system on Facebook somewhere at the moment for sale but nearly 609 euros

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 17:09
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

What is it Mark?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 19:13
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

But theres such a thing as TOO loud,like alot of gp short cans ect,

It was VERY VERY loud but a bit chavvy.
But this akra is a much deeper,quality sound.
My mrs said the mivv embarassed her,as did my bike racer/mechanic friend.

Maybe ive just gotten old anf boring lol.

Nope,you've just passed through the stupid stage and realised that a modicum of stealth can work in your favour Wink

Cans that Plod can hear 3 miles down the road qualify as stupid in my book anyway,been there,done that,apologized to the beak and paid the fine/suffered the points and increased insurance due to the speeding fine that I got after allowing Plod several minutes to get into the optimum position to ambush me.

I quite like the standard cans on my T,the Evo can on my Mille made me try and coast on closed throttle as much as poss due to the snarl.

Although come to think about it I am old and F boring  LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 21:59
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

What is it Mark?
arrows full system

Pass me your email in a pm i’ll Pass the details

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 22:22
your right ian,that and the fact ive just moved house to a luvly quiet cul de sac of quaint bungalows,surrounded by luvly old folk that i dont want to upset or give a heart attack to.

Either this akras loud or ive gotten use to il4,s that you need loud cans on due to no noise till your screaming the teets off them,
Whereas the millbert is deep and growling all the time.
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 05:30
on my gen 2im running mhp cans on an evo system they are loud but not stubby/delkevic loud more deep. love em !!!
looking for a full length can for my gen 1 , i hate the stubbys as they just arent right on a twin ! ( just got to sell my gen 2 fuel cans first )
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 07:27
i agree mate,the milles a big proper mans superbike,
the small cans never looked right,but sound amazing.

i bought them for sound alone,but hated how they looked,
looking back at pics of my old milles now.

did use to give me headache after a while riding too,as i cant wear earplugs.

this looks much better

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 08:03
Stop rubbing it in, oh the memories.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 08:18
lmao soz buddy
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:35

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

What is it Mark?
arrows full system

Pass me your email in a pm i’ll Pass the details

Thanks more curious than anything. Would have to be full titanium and an evo6 or smaltmoto to prise my hard earned pennys away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic