rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats' This Seat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats' This Seat?
    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 16:24
I saw this seat today at the AP open day on a Gen2 Tuono like mine and want to know what it is! Couldn't find a tag or the owner to ask (busy day there) so if anyone here knows what brand/modifier this is please do say.
Cheers

2008 Tuono 1000R in Orange
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 16:48
pretty sure it was a custom one to give him some more height 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 18:35
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

pretty sure it was a custom one to give him some more height 

If it is that'd be great for me (a la long legs). I'll get some messages to some custom manufacturers in the near future but if this seat is yours, do let me know where it's from! 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 19:23
Didn't see anything anywhere about the open day, is it a closely guarded secret this year?
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 19:33
seems to be mostly all over facebook mate,i never bother with social media.
the whole business boils my brain.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 19:37
Hasn't been a wasted day as I've been building a bike all day but it's a pisser that admin hasn't advertised it, I haven't seen it posted anywhere on here.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 20:28
I could have made it this year too  Angry

I understand this place is less popular than in times past but I would have thought something like that would have got lots of mentions

What's the point if these things aren't advertised properly?  I refuse to have anything to do with facebook,twitter or others like them.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 20:36
It looks like a Sargent seat to me,I've got 1 & it's a good bit of kit,pricey  but comfy..👍👍
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 21:33
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I understand this place is less popular than in times past but I would have thought something like that would have got lots of mentions

What's the point if these things aren't advertised properly?  I refuse to have anything to do with facebook,twitter or others like them.

I left the fb page couldn't deal with it anymore 😂

born ugly what's your excuse!!
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 22:06
Don't know about that particular seat but I can recommend Saddlecraft in South Shields.
I've had them do my CB13 seat and the one on my Guzzi Le Mans.
Excellent workmanship and finish; they can do a cover or a complete rebuild with new foam and gel pads if required.

People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 22:24
Indeed, I saw the event on the AP Facebook. 
Thanks for the seat suggestions, most useful Smile
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:26
Originally posted by cwp cwp wrote:

I left the fb page couldn't deal with it anymore 😂

Seems like we've been forgotten about on here these days unless you are on FB you don't get a look in . Real shame tbh great to still have regular members to chat to but the support from AP isn't the same on the forum if you ask me and im sure we've all spent plenty of cash there? 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 12:04
I have noticed this place is a lot less active than in the past,I put it down to newer members just rehashing all the the old topics we did to death before these bikes faded into history and many of the stalwarts having moved on to more modern machines.

I do know that AP get very busy so I'm guessing they find it easier to just " Get down with the kids " on FB rather than spend hours catching up on whatever happens here.

I know from years of experience that if I have any urgent questions that I can ring direct and someone will help me out,so given that their time is both finite and valuable I can understand this forum taking a lesser role.

I tend to visit to keep in touch with those I've met or corresponded over the years as there is hardly ever anything new,just the same old things bought up over and over but I would have thought the open days would have got a big shout out, perhaps they've gotten too big these days?

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 13:53
Yep i agree with you regarding the shop I've called many times and had great advice from Griff which is fantastic . I just think the forum has been forgotten about which is a shame as its why many of us still ride aprilia machines of any gen. The advice is second to none and even if it is old news to us it could be vital to a new member. As long as we all kerp nattering on here it will keep the place going .
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 18:17
Haven't been on the AP fb page in quite a while and then it was the only one I visited.
Just got feed up with 90% of the content being garbage / insults etc
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 19:23
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Haven't been on the AP fb page in quite a while and then it was the only one I visited.
Just got feed up with 90% of the content being garbage / insults etc

I despise Facebook and some of the users. Easier not to go on than to suffer some of the fakes on there 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 19:42
At least on here you can be abused by proper people Wink
LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 19:54

At least on here you can be abused by proper people Wink
LOL

Too right 😂😂
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 19:58
Hahaha that's why I like it on hereBig smile
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 20:19
Dont think its a Sargent seat. I've got a Sargent gel seat on my Gen 1 and it doesn't look anything like that. It is bloody comfy tho - one of the best upgrades I've done. And there's been a few of them LOL

As also mentioned, it looks more like the ones that give you a bit of extra height. I seen one on a Gen 1 Tuono for sale recently.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 20:26
Well if it made it to the open day then presumably he got the info from FB so that would be the best place to ask perhaps?
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic