rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rearsets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rearsets
    Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 00:39
recent Rsvr owner got a set of rearsets in gold on that I like as match forks and wheels, but doesn’t have rear brake cylinder included, so basically rear brake is non existent, is there any after market ones in gold that will give me a rear brake or anything to give a rear brake long term with ones I have, is a 2003 gen 1 model??????
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 02:49
gilles do them in gold
Storkers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 07:34
yes have seen those and to be fair looks like they may be the make I have already fitted, however they don’t seem to do them with rear brake m/c combined,this is what I’m after really or some way of getting a rear brake as is?
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 08:46
You can still achieve a rear brake even with standard rearsets. Just needs a proper bleed through. 

The caliper needs to be off and spaced out with a spanner or similar then inverted so the bleed nipple is upwards. 

Griff has a great video on a standard set on you tube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIekXOWR1vo

Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 13:54
Im not sure if im reading this correctly but do you have aftermarket rearsets but the MC is still in its original position as opposed to mounted vertically on the rearset itself? 

If you have an aftermarket set up you should be able to bleed it as in the e video above and it should stay good where as the OEM will fade after time in most cases but some are lucky and dont suffer the same problem .
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Storkers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 14:43
yes sorry I have after market rearsets on at the moment think are gold Gilles ones, but the m/c is still in original place and not moved to hang on rearset itself, will try bleeding as per video above and see how get on 
bhill22 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhill22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 14:54
Me too have Gilles rearsets but the MC is in original position, I have pondered the same question, why has the MC not moved as that is one of the advantages of after market rearsets?
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 15:15
Why not move it??? Is there no mounting for it on the rearset?
Storkers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 15:38
not that I can see no? Don’t really want to have to get another set of rearsets as like the gold colour of ones on it, but would like a back brake😩, has anyone used dot 5.1 with m/c in original position with any good results?
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 15:57
Griff says he wouldn't sell gold ones because the finish fades off I bought a set of silver ones from him and they are nice and you can move the master cyl.  In terms of bleeding you still have to remove the caliper but that's it sorted until you change fluids in two years time. Would I buy them again from him yes definately they are well worth the money and he keeps spares for them. Build them with loctite though cause all rearsets fall apart because of vibration 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 15:57
seems very odd not to be able to mount the mc do they not look like this?
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 16:33
that’s them he does a bit on the forum how to fit them as well I bought the wsb kit which is just a tube, cap and a clip it does away with the bulky resovoir 
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 16:59
Originally posted by David451 David451 wrote:

I bought the wsb kit which is just a tube, cap and a clip it does away with the bulky resovoir 

The best option for this of course is to use a master cylinder from a RSV4 as these have an integral reservoir - much neater:

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 17:38
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

I bought the wsb kit which is just a tube, cap and a clip it does away with the bulky resovoir 

The best option for this of course is to use a master cylinder from a RSV4 as these have an integral reservoir - much neater:

Yep i agree when I've got some spare cash I'll be grabbing that off you legend if you still have it by then. Ive got the tube fitted on mine now but im surprised how loosely it fits over nipple on the MC.  Ive tightened it up on the jubilee clip as much as i dare but im convinced its not sealed correctly as the break has faded already and the level has dropped slightly. Think im going to re fit the oem res for now.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 20:17
I missed out on a cheap RSV4 rear master as I forgot it was on eBay! 

I've the clear tube on both bikes but I'd agree that the HRC one seems loose. Better option is Tygon tubing. Doesn't go white or sweat and comes in the correct size for the rear master cylinder elbow. The HRC one to seal correctly I had to use a chunk of the old black tube and wedge the HRC tube over it. It did seal 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Storkers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 20:52
if I could work out how to post a pic on here I would post what is on it !
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 21:50
see the arrow in two squares when you reply to a post 7 from the left?

Press that then you should in the line of icons see a picture of a tree also 7 from the left? 

Stay with me.....press that. 

Then upload the picture you want. Least that's how it works on my iPad 😝
www.apworkshops.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 22:01
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

see the arrow in two squares when you reply to a post 7 from the left?

Press that then you should in the line of icons see a picture of a tree also 7 from the left? 

Stay with me.....press that. 

Then upload the picture you want. Least that's how it works on my iPad 😝

Unfortunately that only works if you are a premium member otherwise you need to post your pic on an image hosting site then link to it. Or if you have dropbox or similar you can link to that too.

Storkers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 22:52
ok how do become a premium member then?
Storkers View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 07:39
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 08:03
There was a link in the forum menu but I think it has been stated that it no longer works. Another recent thread posted a new link if you can find it! It was very recent but I cannot remember which one. Other than that one of the admins will probably be along to provide the link
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:16
Spoonz can sort you out the membership when he sees this 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Fitz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 16:50
I got mine off a KTM sxf 450 much more cost effective because you don't have flagship Aprilia tax on them 
KTM use Brembo master cylinders on the majority of there bikes 

Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 17:50
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

I missed out on a cheap RSV4 rear master as I forgot it was on eBay! 

I've the clear tube on both bikes but I'd agree that the HRC one seems loose. Better option is Tygon tubing. Doesn't go white or sweat and comes in the correct size for the rear master cylinder elbow. The HRC one to seal correctly I had to use a chunk of the old black tube and wedge the HRC tube over it. It did seal 

Thought it was just me mate as I couldn't find any threads about it. I did think about doing the same as you with some of the oem tube just seems wrong to need to do anything should just fit if its sold specifically for the job. Just noticed Fitz has replied and says a KTM unit also fits so thats another option. 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 12:44
Sold for the job?  HRC res kit?  A bodge at best for a race bike, some people are just too easily influenced WinkLOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 16:35

that’s them he does a bit on the forum how to fit them as well I bought the wsb kit which is just a tube, cap and a clip it does away with the bulky resovoir 

You mean that bit of green tubing that doesn't even fit properly without a poxy looking jubilee clip that is definitely not HRC. 
How is the original 5gm reservoir bulky?   LOL

People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 20:26
don’t both nothing but aggro I put the resovour back on and hid it behind the side panel below the seat

Or fit a ktm or Rsv m/c with built in reservoir 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 20:37
I agree Clap

I fitted the standard res on mine round the other way though so it was mounted to the rear of the heel guard.

Looks a little more prominent but it give more clearance for the s/arm

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:56
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Sold for the job?  HRC res kit?  A bodge at best for a race bike, some people are just too easily influenced WinkLOL

Yes Ian on Griffs site it is sold " as recommended for use with AP rearsets " but its sh*t and not fit for purpose at all im going to put the oem res back on when i get home ( im in your neck of the woods this week ) maybe ok for a trackbike but when I left home last week half the fluid was gone and the tube was milky and wet! Very poor im surprised people still use it and Griffs still selling it.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 14:26
I take your point Confused

I'm somewhat surprised as well but if people are taken in by the whole HRC hype and ask for it and are prepared to spend their money then you can't really blame people for taking their money can you?

If it is anything to do with HRC and I have my doubts as I would think it's probably a generic copy of something HRC once put on a race bike and quite possibly their master cylinder was a slightly different dia. and didn't leak.

Who knows,I think it's a POS and wouldn't bother putting it on a mates bike let alone mine.  If it ain't broken why fix it?

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic