rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Bikes for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Sale
    Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 09:57
Grey 03 Gen 1 RSV-R: full Ohlins, O.Z. Forged Wheels + Carbon Panels. 11.0K miles. New MOT and Tyres(Mitchelin Pilot Power), Period Performance Upgrades (All purchased new) to include: 57mm T.B's, Renegade Carbon B/Plate and Air Filter Kit, PCIII with Custom Map @ 130.7bhp (Southern Cross M/cycles). Aprilia Titanium Shotguns(low and top end), Apex adjustable comfort handlebars, D/B Screen, Pazzo levers, extended lines (Herl)and Venhill throttles, Taper Rollers, Carbon tail unit, Up-rated battery, Renthal rings and DID chain. Unique bike being in an unimported Colour/Spec i.e. Polished Frame (Grey) 03-R model. Reproduced faithfully with correct new OEM parts: only one in U.K. unless you know different!. Annual home servicing and inspections: All fluids to book, Silkolene Comp 4 Pro + OEM Oil filters, Suspension linkage Bi-annual inspection and greasing. Schedule of valve clearance inspections. Pampered and loved bike - a joy to ride: comfortable semi-upright riding position. This has to be one of the very very best Gen1-R's in the country - immaculate and virtually unmarked £3850.
The bike is currently listed else where (Autotrader). For serious interest P.M. me for images.I do not wish to P.X. or remove parts thanks-
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 10:30
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 12:26
Very very nice bike, unfortunately I have no more room
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 14:07
for those of you who don’t know Richard he likes his bikes cleaner than clean , and is very fastidious in his maintenance ... if you were in the market for an 03 mille then jump on this one as quick as you can.

Richard are you also selling the Colin Edwards rep???

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
sonic View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 20:11
Hi Guys,thanks for your kind comments. As you are aware it takes a lot of time and effort to produce a bespoke bike: I had wanted to build that spec/colour for seven years! I don't imagine it will sell and do be honest if it did I would feel sick and have a knot in my stomach to see it go (gush).
Hi Mark yes I still have the Eddie and have decided to keep this and let Grey go. I just could not be without an APE: I honestly think the build quality is outstanding- we all know they are the bargain of the century!
bhill22 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhill22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 15:22
Can you advise on the flat part behind the riders seat where the hump usually is, what is it?, who makes it?, does it fit all gen1s?
TiA
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 15:41
Originally posted by bhill22 bhill22 wrote:

Can you advise on the flat part behind the riders seat where the hump usually is, what is it?, who makes it?, does it fit all gen1s?
TiA
its a pillion seat , and is for late 03 Rsv and gen 1 tuono

There are others for 98-00 and 01-02 made by......

Er Aprilia 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
bhill22 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhill22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 18:25
Thx
I had read elsewhere that the R gen 1 would not support a pillion seat due to the subframe limitation, and assumed as there was no footrest pegs on this one it was there for carrying luggage only. Although on second look this particular bike has the mounting on non drive side for pillion rests as well.
Luggage limitation is something  I have only realised after purchase and wondered how I could get around this issue. Not looking for full luagge touring only enough for credit card overnights. I probably should have asked on newthread what are the options for small luggage on Gen1 RSVR with subframe for no pillion mounts?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 18:32

Thx
I had read elsewhere that the R gen 1 would not support a pillion seat due to the subframe limitation, and assumed as there was no footrest pegs on this one it was there for carrying luggage only. Although on second look this particular bike has the mounting on non drive side for pillion rests as well.
Luggage limitation is something  I have only realised after purchase and wondered how I could get around this issue. Not looking for full luagge touring only enough for credit card overnights. I probably should have asked on newthread what are the options for small luggage on Gen1 RSVR with subframe for no pillion mounts?
only on the original 2000 model R after that pretty sure it was an option or standard

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 18:34
Originally posted by sonic sonic wrote:

Hi Guys,thanks for your kind comments. As you are aware it takes a lot of time and effort to produce a bespoke bike: I had wanted to build that spec/colour for seven years! I don't imagine it will sell and do be honest if it did I would feel sick and have a knot in my stomach to see it go (gush).
Hi Mark yes I still have the Eddie and have decided to keep this and let Grey go. I just could not be without an APE: I honestly think the build quality is outstanding- we all know they are the bargain of the century!
good news on the eddy Richard 

The one you sold to my friend has now been passed to his son as it’s only done about 1500 mile since you sold it and that was mostly our trip to the TT last year by his son 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
sonic View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 18:55
Hi Mark,
that's great thanks for the update: I did wonder what happened to Him/Her!

For luggage I would suggest the Ventura route + Tank bag for the Full-Monty!

Shame there hasn't been any Kent Ride Outs for a few years!!!

Keep it upright -
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 19:35
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Thx
only on the original 2000 model R after that pretty sure it was an option or standard

2001 'R'  only had a single seat rear sub-frame (I have one and modded it to a twin seat sub-frame). They did change to double seat sub-frame later but I'm not sure what year.
bhill22 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhill22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 19:47
Sonic sorry to cause a nusance on your for sale thread, all down to timing I would have checked out yours  (and a lot closer) given the chance but I picked up the one further down the thread 'rollercam' over four weeks ago.
So my new one (to me) is a 99 with single seat subframe with no attatchements on nearside. Still wondering if I have any options for luggage without a rear end swop

sonic View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 20:45
I can't remember who has the U.K. concession on Ventura at the moment: Do the leg work online if as is probably the case the rails (frame) is obsolete you will at least get a model number for the rails. Ventura may manufacture new for you or keep a search on ebay as they do come up from time to time!.
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 08:44
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Thx

2001 'R'  only had a single seat rear sub-frame (I have one and modded it to a twin seat sub-frame). They did change to double seat sub-frame later but I'm not sure what year.

2003 IIRC.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic