rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's a 08 tuono worth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's a 08 tuono worth
    Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 16:07
Just putting it out there as I've got no idea of prices. 07 on 08 plate, 1 owner from new (me). Akras, renthal bars, crash bungs, puig screen, 26k I think miles. Metz m7rr with 900 miles on them. All original cans, screen, touring pillion seat, radiator needs fixing as got a leak. Not been used since last Oct.  Mot till September. Got oil and filter ready for oil change. Can't afford to run it this year and probably for foreseeable future. Just wondering what they're going for. Might sell not sure yet, just got mountain of debt and selling might help ease it so I'm just wondering what you knowledgeable peeps would think reasonable pricentre.  Thank you in advance. 
born ugly what's your excuse!!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 16:13
Would surely be worth the effort fixing the rad Cwp, did you bid on that ebay one?

Prices can probably vary widely depending on how desperate someone is to buy/sell  and one with a problem is going to be a target for negotiation

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 16:27
[QUOTE=IanG]
Would surely be worth the effort fixing the rad Cwp, did you bid on that ebay one?

Prices can probably vary widely depending on how desperate someone is to buy/sell  and one with a problem is going to be a target for negotiation

Yes the leaky rad would be a problem. I'm just brassic buddy, had to bail on last month's credit card payment and they want £450 this month which again I've not got lol. So I'm having to weigh up options. I'll be going cap in hand to them this week 😁. I'm not sure what to do yet, cut my losses and get shot or struggle for next 4 months till some debt has been cleared. I was just wondering what they're worth. Don't think they're worth much these days realistically lol. How's you doing buddy
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 16:50
Melting here atm mate. Its about 35c and too hot to want to go out for a drink.  I was hoping you'd get that help you were talking about from the council. Credit card debt I know all about, we were in that situation once and I couldn't see a way out, fortunately we managed to clear it in the end. If you can manage to hold on for a while and perhaps source a rad from somewhere I'll  come down and help you as soon as I've sorted my  car, at least then if you do have to sell you should get the best price.

Try and hang in there, don't think about doing anything daft, I'm sure there's some way to resolve this

Ian

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
simonb View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 17:10
sh*t situation to be in,been there myself and it's not nice.
As for the bike i'm looking at road bikes at present and i have been looking at Tuonos as had one before,there are a couple on that selling site of same year but less miles at around 3600 or offers that haven't sold and i have seen at a bit less than that for similar without any problems and long mot for a quick sale.
Best off holding on if you can and try to put it out of the way out of site until you can get it fixed.
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 19:15
easy to see what they are worth just go on autotrader and see what they are selling for, it's a short mot though and a leaking radiator and I would be concerned you toasted it. But it's cash in hand and price it well and you will sell it, but it's probably worth more to you to keep it.

We have all been in that spot we transferred debt from card to card wife working two jobs until I got well but it was hard but it's doable. You need pro advice a short term plan and a long term one without these in place it's hopeless 

My son is a financial advisor pm me your number and I will get him to chat with you
Dalmatian View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalmatian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 19:35
Dont want to be a vulture but you could sell me the Akras and use the money to fix the bike up and sell as a running bike with no issues, you’d probably be better off.
Nick
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 20:06
it would be a good idea to sell off the spare parts as mentioned although they make the sale more attractive I doubt you ever get the value at point of sale. It's the same with most things sell them as a group returns less than breaking them all up
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 08:57
To maximise your return take all the replacement parts off the bike and sell them separately, the bike will then be in standard trim so easier to sell especially as it'll be a stock, one owner bike. If you sell the cans you'll easily be able to afford the radiator repairs or even a new one, Chinese copies on e-bay are cheap and seem to have a good reputation at around £100-£120 so take a chunk of that cash and get it done, then you have a far better bike for sale. 

Good luck with it all as most of us have been there at one time or another and selling your toys is never fun but there's always other toys you can buy once you're back to normal.  
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:05
cheers Gazza,
i'll probably hold on to it and get new rad after christmas and sort what needs sorting with her and then make a decision. hopefully this cash flow problem be sorted soon (or a plan put in place). just had a few dodgy months with stuff needed on car and other bills which i could have done without. was just looking to see what they're roughly worth and you guys on here are knowledgeable. cheers bud
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 06:12
Talk to the card company & they should stop the intrest building up,if you notify them that your in hard times they now have a legal obligation to help,I went through something similar a couple of years ago and like they say it's good to talk,they can even do a payment plan to suit you and possibly right off some of the intrest built up already 👍
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 20:08
[QUOTE=spiceweasel]Talk to the card company & they should stop the intrest building up,if you notify them that your in hard times they now have a legal obligation to help,I went through something similar a couple of years ago and like they say it's good to talk,they can even do a payment plan to suit you and possibly right off some of the intrest built up already 👍[/QUOT

Cheers buddy, yes I've spoken to them today and they're going to phone back Monday so hopefully bit of light at end of tunnel. It's a short term cash flow problem so by Christmas I should be back on track. It's first payment I've missed and they were aware of it as I'd phoned them last month so that should go in my favour. Thank you my friend for the advice 👍
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 20:27
Hopefully they can help but when you talk to the card company if they suggest any form of payment plan (Or other 'help') just check first that they aren't going to treat it as a default on your account as this will affect you for years. No matter how nice and accommodating they sound it doesn't mean they won't follow other processes as well so check first before accepting any offer or suggestions from them as you might find other options more attractive.

I don't mean to be negative here but I think it's helpful if you just make sure you are fully aware of any likely outcomes.

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 00:36
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Hopefully they can help but when you talk to the card company if they suggest any form of payment plan (Or other 'help') just check first that they aren't going to treat it as a default on your account as this will affect you for years. No matter how nice and accommodating they sound it doesn't mean they won't follow other processes as well so check first before accepting any offer or suggestions from them as you might find other options more attractive.

I don't mean to be negative here but I think it's helpful if you just make sure you are fully aware of any likely outcomes.

You're not being negative at all. I appreciate all your input. Thank you my friend 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic