rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Wants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rrarsets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rrarsets
    Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 23:38
hi guys im after rearsets, mainly gilles that move the mc to the vertical position but open to other brand names too ! 

Cheers for reading the post !
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 02:38
check out AP’s rearseats link at the top of the forum page 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 15:56
M93 , have A/P r/sets on mine they will do what you require? Option ?
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 16:07
ive nothing against the ap rearsets just im buying a few parts at the min so trying to get a set secondhand to keep the costs as low as I can  
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 16:33
TRW but more pricey 

Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 16:31
 Local guy is selling me a set of robbymoto rearsets for 150 they look the job ! 
I'll post some pics up next weekend when I get them fitted.
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:53

Got them sorted guys very happy with them.
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:56

Back brake feels amazing now ! Dose anyone know.off by hand what the thread size is, 10x1.0mm or 10x1.25mm for the banjo bolt so I can set up a brake switch ? 

Cheers in advance !
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:54
Robby Moro make very good quality parts, look at the rear master cylinder off an rsv4 as it has an integral reservoir and makes it a lot tidier job.
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:05
hi mate im happy enough with the look of it now, tbh i think it would look strange with no resivor cuz theres a mounting point for it if you know what I mean? Just want to get a hyraulic switch in for mot and thats me 100% with it, back brake has loads of feel and the ability to lock the wheel 
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 16:04
They look neater than the AP rearsets. Look to possibly go further back too.

Glad you got your rear brake sorted and are happy with it. I think you'll need to stay on top of it to keep it like that. I've bled mine well enough to do skids before but it quickly tapered off to the point that it wouldn't even hold the bike on the downhill to the holding area waiting to go out at Cadwell.

The AP sets are too far forward for me to get my toe on the brake without dog legging anyway so I've just written it off. If it doesn't work, at least it's not dragging..

If you get a chance could you please measure the horizontal distance from the swingarm pivot to the peg?
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 16:11
see how it goes mate hope it stays solid, with the standard setup it lasted a week and dissapeared lol im 6ft5 so wanted the pegs to go back as far as i could get with out to bein too low, bike is round at the workshop and doing daft amounts of overtime atm but ill get them.measured and let yah know bud ! 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 17:06
Yeah, I'm similar height and the forward pegs is an issue for me too.

I could go loads higher if they were further back, but as it is I feel like my knees are in front of me. Like a scooter almost. Means my knees are wedged in under the lip of the tank. This is on the balls of my feet.

Appreciate you having a measure when you get it back. Always looking for better adjustment. The AP rearsets give loads of positioning options but they all feel wrong.
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 23:04

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 09:12
Haha

No doubt it's better to be able to use both brakes, if they both work and you can reach the rear one without going bow legged.
Motog93 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motog93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:34
hi mate sprry only getting round to it today.

Looks to be just over 14cm from the rear of the hole in the frame for the swingarm to the centre of the peg hope this helps.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 12:45
Thanks for that. Bet that's more or less ideal eh?

For comparison I just measured the AP sets in the same way (back of pivot to centre of peg) and got 9.6cm. They are set as far back as they will go. I guess maybe they are just designed for comfort.

Would be interesting to see how far back the stock ones are.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic