rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Owner Gen1 R

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 15:02
sounds like you have done quite a bit, and sound like someone who cherishes and looks after these old girls. as i mentioned before i probably wouldn't buy another gen 1 or 2, i currently have a old R1 for winter months a 03, and i prefer having abs and traction, i give it full bore a few days ago coming off a roundabout and the traction on this bike kicked in but its hardly noticeable, where as my blade my brother uses, that thing has abs so heavily handed its awful. i will be quite honest as some one who rides everyday, i couldn't go back to riding daily with a bike without all the gadgets, i have never ridden anything that stops like this, you can just grab the brake like a madman with no real adverse effect, not using the clutch on up and downshift while keeping the throttle open is something i have quickly grown used too and cruise control is something i use everyday now. im yet to try launch control, lookign forward to that.

Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 15:26
I rode my Mille gen 1 rsv as an everyday commuter doing 65 miles a day and it was great.  Reliable, potent and easy to control in traffic.  Had nothing but a bike for years when I started out commuting 82 miles daily mostly on BMWs and an FJ1100.  BMs back then weren't as reliable as made out and needed constant fettling, regular plug changes and front wheelbearings quite regularly.  The Mille by comparison was more reliable, and brakes on it were as good as anything today but in winter, abs and traction control are a good safety feature.  My Tiger 1200 and GSA1200 both had all the toys, including heated grips, semi auto suspension (GSA) and cruise control but I rarely used it even on long trips.

It's a breath of fresh air getting back to an RSVR, biking at its most exhilarating and it rewards with smooth riding like few others.  I guess you either click with them and they fit you like a glove or they don't but when they do, nothing else will do.  Tried an MT10 and whilst not as pokey as a newer R1 I found it hilariously fast but my licence wouldn't have lasted a week on it!  Used it on the standard road map and it still pulled wheelies in third gear on throttle when it hit the power band.  Not as nice to ride as the RSVR though and not as useable.  Brakes on the aprilia are better than I found them on the MT10.  Had a blade for a few years and like that a lot  but it was a bit characterless and boring tbh and secondary vibes intruded at cruising speeds.

Best all rounder was the GSA.  Nothing that big had any right to go or handle as well as it did and in total comfort too.  Not quite ready to retire onto one hence I changed it for the Mille.  Not a huge difference in performance as it had 92lbs-ft of torque and the same horsepower but the Mille pips it because it's 84Kg lighter!
R1200RS

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:41
pretty much the same, i have a few bike all sport, it will be a long day in hell before I'm on a pizza delivery bike, i loved the gen 1 i loved it to bits and its a shame some diesel boy had to smash my old one up like you said getting that bike really was a breath of fresh air from the 4cyl Japanese bikes i was largely used to, i knew i wanted to go up the ranks when at my 2nd time at Silverstone, the bike was really starting to show its age and to be frank it was really knocking on the door of slow, i got a lot of trouble from R6's and those cheater 636sLOL 

it is a great road bike and I'm glad i got to experience one for a few years but having a taste of the modern touches i couldn't get another one and like you i have ridden and owned a fair few bikes i currently also have a garage full of them with the RF sadly to join them replaced with a banged old R1 what im getting at mate is if you haven't you really should try a newer RSV4 i think it really is the best bike you can buy if sports bikes are your thing. i really do. im biased, granted but it ticks so many boxes again, especially if your a sport bike rider. and it  keeps that RSV classic feel, that dirty low down grunt.

I'm just rattling on now. supposed to be working......LOL
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 13:53
A good rsv4 is out of my budget and whilst great on track I still reckon is too much for the road, or at least the Gen 1 is all the bike anyone could want on road.  Add a modded air box (AP mod )  earlier version air intakes, 57TBs and hotter cams and even without piston work or porting work and larger valves that lot plus a Forza F200 should easily see 125 BHP rear wheel.  Kent cams do hotter versions but they're pricy.  They way I look at it, if track performance is the target, then a newer bike is cheaper than eeking out power from the RSV Gen 1 as you'd have to spend £4K to £5K on engine mods to liberate serious power and that would have a knock on effect on reliability.  It's cheaper to buy a newer 636 or an older ZX10 or R1 for track. For road fun, the Gen 1 is where I'm content.Smile
R1200RS

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 07:17
i couldn't disagree more, i don't find the V4 to be too much, i find it incredibly fast and thats exactly what i want in a sport bike, it has earth shattering performance and i have opened it up every time i have ridden it. its an amazing bike and makes a bloody brilliant road bike, its really comfy small and light and so easy to control around town its bloody brilliant, I'm sure its good on track as well like you have said, i take it you have had one out, i will be getting out next year just had my leaver guards turn up as thats now bloody required,  I'm just repeating myself but the gen 1 was having problems with 600s and was showing its age, again, great bike i was glad to have it but i wouldn't get another for the road and i have my reasons for that, anyway back on topic, did this geezer get his money back?
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:14
I have never had any issues keeping up with most people on sports bikes on roads, with variable surfaces, riding sensibly within safe limits.  There is no way anyone on any 600 would distance a decent rider on road on a well sorted RSVR, it just wouldn't happen on today's roads.  On track that's a different story as you can really explore the limits of grip and turn in, and take advantage of late braking as well as benefit from higher top speeds (just!) and of course any modern superbike would trounce an RSV on track.  However, people also tend to forget the whole point of track days is to use YOUR bike to learn more about its handling and grip and to be able to more safely exploit that and improve your riding skills, it's not about "racing" other people, at least for me.  I don't care who is faster or slower than me, I care that I can improve my own riding skills and explore the limits of my bike.  If I wanted a track bike for racing, it wouldn't be an RSVR, it'd be an R1 or ZX10 or S1000RR or rsv4.

Yes, I've ridden most of the current crop on road including the newer pinagale V4s, and there's no doubting their brilliance and rocketship performance but lets be honest here...there's no way anyone can use one within sensible legal limits and exploit even a half of the power on tap, yet the temptation to do just that will always be there.  It depends how you view these things.  For me, I want a simpler, less complex and more economical road bike that's relatively cheap to own and run, that has decent performance and reliability and has bags of character.  I'm not out to prove anything as I don't feel the need to. I'm old enough now to be amongst this forums more elderly riders (probably?).  I've put up hundreds of thousands of miles on big bikes over the decades, raced them, toured on them and enjoyed them as commuters and for weekend scratching.  I'm more than happy and capable of riding any of the current crop and don't get me wrong, they do appeal to me a lot but I have a special place reserved for the Gen 1 Mille.  I just think of it as a future classic and it does everything I could possibly want from a bike.

Yes, it's slower than newer bikes but  it's still a fast (enough) bike by any normal standards.  It has masses of character and I've put up loads of miles on them over the years and they've just worked themselves into my blood.  There isn't any other bike I've owned that has endeared me to it as much as the Gen 1 Mille has so should this turn out to be my last bike, I'd be very grateful and content with that.

If I was tempted to a new bike, there's only one that would appeal to me and that'd be the RSV4 Tuono.  Ideally my dream garage would include that, a Mille RSVR, a 1250 GSA and Ducati 750ss round case from the '70's.  My pockets aren't that deep!

We're all really fortunate on this forum to own and ride what we do.  It's a privilege we often take for granted in many ways. I think back to the mid 80's without rose tinted glasses on and to be honest, most bikes available then had little to recommend them.  Roll on a few years when the Blade broke the mould and redefined sportsbike performance and reliability and it shook things up enough to force a change in performance, quality and reliability across the board and I think that era was where things genuinely got more interesting and rewarding.  It wasn't really that many years after the blade that the Gen 1 appeared and looking back on it, it really was ahead of its time then and way under estimated and unappreciated for years after.   I think now its seeing something of a revival which is good to see.

Whatever you ride, be safe and enjoy it! Smile 
R1200RS

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:29
oh, i enjoy my bikes Wink

i use up all the power and electronics i can get me hands on.

but again mate you ever get the chance to use a RSV4 bloody great road bikes as long as your 6ft or under Tongue

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 00:08
Love my gen1 and it’s highly modified, the same as my zx9r and k7 1000, I’m an early riser in summer and go out at sunrise to enjoy my bikes when the roads are properly empty, I’m not the fastest rider on the planet but far from the slowest and most times when I’m out early I’m riding roads I know well, I know I could ride them faster as I know the corners but I also know most of the corners have junctions or driveways around them and I don’t have a death wish or a championship to win so a 200bhp+ bike on the road would be of no extra use for me, would be incredible to experience but I wouldn’t be riding it any quicker. Riding on track is another thing but most of us really don’t have the skills to get the most from modern 200bhp bikes without the electronics packages which is why they fit them and for me that’s taking something away, it would be like playing paintball knowing it’s safer.
camngetit View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camngetit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 00:12
Had a gen1 rsvr for over 10 years always on road mainly on my own  and always enjoyed it ,im 6ft 3 so its the right size for me ,past couple of year my son has passed his test and got a gsxr600 and on the odd occasion we found a straight it was pretty close he then got an 08 r1 and in a straight line he wins easily, we have recently done 2 trackdays (our first )at cadwell and ckming out the last corner on the the start finish straight he said mine jumped away from him and he only caught me a few times at the end of the straight ,we plan to do silverstone and i know on the long straights he will pass me and part of me thinks to get an il4 but part of me thinks sod ot ride the wheels off the rsv i aint riding it to anywhere near its limits anyone can go fast in a straight and at the end of the day if i enjoy it thats what matters 
its twins for me !!!!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:22
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Love my gen1 and it’s highly modified, the same as my zx9r and k7 1000, I’m an early riser in summer and go out at sunrise to enjoy my bikes when the roads are properly empty, I’m not the fastest rider on the planet but far from the slowest and most times when I’m out early I’m riding roads I know well, I know I could ride them faster as I know the corners but I also know most of the corners have junctions or driveways around them and I don’t have a death wish or a championship to win so a 200bhp+ bike on the road would be of no extra use for me, would be incredible to experience but I wouldn’t be riding it any quicker. Riding on track is another thing but most of us really don’t have the skills to get the most from modern 200bhp bikes without the electronics packages which is why they fit them and for me that’s taking something away, it would be like playing paintball knowing it’s safer.

Originally posted by camngetit camngetit wrote:

Had a gen1 rsvr for over 10 years always on road mainly on my own  and always enjoyed it ,im 6ft 3 so its the right size for me ,past couple of year my son has passed his test and got a gsxr600 and on the odd occasion we found a straight it was pretty close he then got an 08 r1 and in a straight line he wins easily, we have recently done 2 trackdays (our first )at cadwell and ckming out the last corner on the the start finish straight he said mine jumped away from him and he only caught me a few times at the end of the straight ,we plan to do silverstone and i know on the long straights he will pass me and part of me thinks to get an il4 but part of me thinks sod ot ride the wheels off the rsv i aint riding it to anywhere near its limits anyone can go fast in a straight and at the end of the day if i enjoy it thats what matters 

Exactly why I don't intend to chop mine in for a newer hypersports category bike.  I prefer the pure raw experience of an older bike without electronic trickery and complexity, and know full well on road they cannot be safely exploited to their full potential although they'd be a lot of fun!

I'm only 5'8" and the Mille is tailor made for me, fits like a glove.  Still as good to ride now as it was 20 years ago when I bought my first one Smile

Mine only has an end can and runs on map 2 and part of me says leave as is as any further mods won't make a whole heap more power without serious money.  I may invest in a forza 100 chip and fit an AP airbox kit with pipercross filter but that'd be about it.  Cracking good bikes.  I may even buy a tuono to go with the Mille.
R1200RS

Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 16:38
You'll need the FR200 if you fit the AP, or any other open airbox.
I'm of the same opinion wrt bikes, my Gen 1 Tuono has a few mods which enhance rideability (FR200, modded collector, open can, 15/43 sprockets) and it's so goddamn light (feels lighter than the wife's M696). It can out perform me and there's not much that stays with it in my neck of the woods (Yorkshire Dales and Moors). I'm sure all the new electrickery is very nice, but I prefer seat of the pants riding. 
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 22:09
Griff reckons the FR100 is ok unless the modded header and/or larger intakes are used but I'll obviously check that before fitting.  I used to run the RP58 with open filter and Akra and it fuelled fine with no lean running but that was on standard intakes which I'll probably retain.
R1200RS

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 06:39
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

yeah im no rossi, the mille was having lots of problems on the straight against 600s and 750s made it seem slow that was at at Silverstone, same story for Snetterton, 600s seem to go great around there, 

I'm not sure about what's safer, as bikes packed with electronics go down as well, but saying that WSBK times on average are 5-6 sometimes 10 seconds quicker than STK. so i wouldn't say they are fitted to "take something away" but fitted to produce a faster time.

so not only are electronics proving to make faster lap times it would make your daily commute that bit easier, and for all your hardcores, they are extremely felixable, so turn them off. couldn't recommend turning off anti wheelie on a rsv4 tho Wink

also hemi we all know you own a fully built superbike. WinkLOL

vee
shes back up

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 08:37
I’ve a k7 1000 at 176bhp and my blade is 183bhp, both really quick bikes, a guy on pb is building a Ducati v4s and the engine is around 240bhp and a seriously trick piece of kit, it must feel like the enterprise going into warp speed.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 09:07
my 1199S is 183 around there, heavily modified, those 2 extra cylinders really help. my RSV4 was dyno'd at 193RW by the last owner at the dealer which Colchester Aprilia is home to one of the best bike builders around my way, but the original owner kept the Race ECU and full akra system, i have seen a 80MY RR crack 185 so I'm guessing its abound there 

our fireblade  which is 2014 was just over 150rw before the SC full system i doubt its gained any, honda seems to be stingy.

but that V4 sounds mental what year did it get anti rear wheel lift? 19 i bet who ever is riding will be glad for corner traction control.

Out back by the bins LOL

me brother giving it the lair, but extremely thankful for the rider aids Wink LOLLOL
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 09:46
It’s the new v4r he bought, just bought oz mag wheels with brembo gp spec brakes and mc as well, a mountain of other seriously trick parts as well.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 10:09
on right first post you said S but the R changes a few things as the base price is 40k but they sold out within mins, 235 crank power standard its a wild bike.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:07
My mistake, he’s bought a full bsb spec engine, it’s 255 at the crank.
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:27
Originally posted by JimmyV4 JimmyV4 wrote:

yeah im no rossi, the mille was having lots of problems on the straight against 600s and 750s made it seem slow that was at at Silverstone, same story for Snetterton, 600s seem to go great around there, 

I'm not sure about what's safer, as bikes packed with electronics go down as well, but saying that WSBK times on average are 5-6 sometimes 10 seconds quicker than STK. so i wouldn't say they are fitted to "take something away" but fitted to produce a faster time.

so not only are electronics proving to make faster lap times it would make your daily commute that bit easier, and for all your hardcores, they are extremely felixable, so turn them off. couldn't recommend turning off anti wheelie on a rsv4 tho Wink

also hemi we all know you own a fully built superbike. WinkLOL

vee
shes back up

I'll be reporting that advert then as it's patently dishonest!  Bike had been dropped, forks are leaking like Niagra falls, side stand is the wrong one badly fitted and is dangerously loose, steering damper is binding and causing the bike to weave dangerously, the mounting spacer is also missing and it's clunking around as a result, bar ends and crash bungs are badly scraped on the RHS and the list goes on.

I think the discussion has been quite interesting over what personally constitutes the perfect road bike and the thread clearly streams ideals between track and road.  Road riding isn't all about speed, it's about the riding experience.  The track is all about speed if racing but is also about riding experience for track days.

Personally I couldn't care less if 600's passed me on a track day, as long as I learned to get the best from my Mille.  I've seen  151 mph on my first one on the IoM and that was fast enough on a road! (on a clear Mountain Mile, no restrictions, years ago before all the cones started popping up everywhere).  That was using 16/42 gearing, akra system and K&N....no other mods) and that was without ragging it to the limit or pushing very hard out of the entry corner, just a gentle build up of speed. There was easily another 10mph in it.  A healthy one is good for 165mph given enough road.

I can't think of any situation other than in wet conditions where any electronics would have resulted in me "commuting faster" either. Perhaps throwing more caution to the wind or being tempted to ignoring road conditions, neither aspect is good for road awareness and common sense.  It's a good safety layer to have TC and ABS but a good competent and experienced rider doesn't need those things on a Mille.  It is the perfect road bike for my tastes Tongue
R1200RS

Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:33
Ebay item now reported for misleading description.
R1200RS

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:52
f**king grosse what c**ts try to get away with. 

i always find half of these people selling these bikes from so called dealers hardly ride, if at all.

yeaah some interesting point of views i loved my time of the mille i wouldn't have another for either track or road but wouldn't trade my time on it.

just had a thaught as well vee, i dont know why i find this so interesting but thats not the dealer i sold it too mine went tot a dealer in Malvern and they sold it straight away that would of been December 2020 iirc
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 13:13
Yes, it actually went to N Ireland after you had it and came back to that dealer who's selling it now.
R1200RS

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 13:29
Jesus, so with your mate that bike would have at least another 3 or 4 owners and the mileage has gone down hahahah ... con men.
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:07
That's about the height of it!

Ebay are corrupt.  They've removed false or inaccurate listings as a reason to report an item, so have taken no action although I reported it as incorrectly listed anyway.  As long as they get their pound of flesh, they're happy.

Caveat Emptor is the bottom line here if buying anything from them!

They will say that people can always use buyer protection after the event as they get their money  in any event...greedy so & so's.  Who wants or needs to go through all that if it can be reported up front and the ad removed?

I'm going to carry on flagging it anyway.
R1200RS

Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 15:52
Ebay have got back to me and are treating it as a fraudulent ad, so have started an investigation into the guy and the previous owner backed up my side of things to them separately so they have to listen now.  Looks like it could be coming down within a few days unless he amends it to be truthful.  Result.
R1200RS

JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 17:19
according to how many are left there are 220 licensed R's on the road there's a yellow one listed i know to be a bit dodgy as well. i wonder how many are straight in 2021.

after my hassle with the gen 2 it makes me want to only buy new,
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 17:32
Well, there's one here which is s stunner anyway Smile
R1200RS

Bladerunner919 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerunner919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 17:52
Originally posted by Vee60 Vee60 wrote:

Ebay are corrupt.  They've removed false or inaccurate listings as a reason to report an item, so have taken no action although I reported it as incorrectly listed anyway.  As long as they get their pound of flesh, they're happy.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Ebay has no powers of enforcement and you have to be realistic about what they can actually do. You should report it to Trading Standards in the area where it's onsale - they do have the enforcement powers to do something about it.
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 18:12
Originally posted by Bladerunner919 Bladerunner919 wrote:

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Ebay has no powers of enforcement and you have to be realistic about what they can actually do. You should report it to Trading Standards in the area where it's onsale - they do have the enforcement powers to do something about it.

Well, "corrupt" is possibly too strong a word but they've made it harder to flag these things up because the more cynical amongst us would point to them having a financial interest in things selling.  

I've spoken with them and whilst it's clear that they no longer have a specific reporting for inaccurate or misleading listings as they once used to, they deal with it via direct contact with customer services and take a view on the seriousness and accuracy of the report.  Because in this instance it's clear that it's serious, and it had been brought to their attention after evidence was supplied, if they continue to list it, Trading Standards would also be investigating why, as they are responsible as they have in effect a contract with the vendor.  They do have powers as the site owners and do have a responsibility once something like this is flagged, to do something about it (investigate the seller account and advert against the claims being evidenced).  They can then decide to remove the listing or even remove the vendor's account for fraudulent listings.  It's this investigation which is underway.  I'm just trying to protect a potential buyer here from making a huge mistake and getting something not fit to be on the road.  It raises an interesting question of the MOT station used for the "fresh MOT" as forks are clearly leaking, steering damper is clearly binding causing the bike to weave, and the stand is clearly deficient and loose, and doesn't even fit properly.  The MOT station used could also be reprimanded here.
R1200RS

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 21:10

Well, there's one here which is s stunner anyway Smile

There's one here too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic