rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power Commander 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power Commander 5
    Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 21:44
My power commander 5 arrives tomorrow, it comes with a map on it to suit a 2008 Tuono, in time (Winter) I will be taking the down pipes off and fit a AutoTune AT-300.

Can I download a map to suit a 2008 Tuono Factory with a K&N filter and a set of Akropovic race cans, I have logged onto the Dyno jet site, and put my bike in, but when I try to open the list of maps my Bitdefender blocks it,

Leslie
MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 22:33
If you've bought the pcv5 I would go all in and get the autotune then you don't have to worry about mapping.
leslie saint View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 05:43
Hemi,
         i wont be adding the Auto Tune till this winter (winter project), so i get what your saying but with the weather we are having this year i'm making the most of it, i have only had one bike with a power commander and that was my 954 Blade, PowerTech put the map on when i bought it and it was an improvement, my problem is with computers, i am a proper Luddite when it comes to anything IT or as we call it at work "White Mans Magic" i am sh*te
MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 07:41
dont know 100%, but think i read somwhere, it has to be switched on and connected, to allow opening file on PC.

Shake'n bake
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 07:51
Gen 2 ecu needs to be switched to variant 2 with an axone before using a commander if its not been already.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 19:21
PRSV,
     how can you tell if the map has been switched, can you access it from the dashboard

Leslie
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 20:22
 Only sure way is to plug in axone diagnostic. If it surges runs badly under 4000 rpm with the akros fitted chances are its still on variant 1.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 04:56
PRSV, Axone, they are dealers only i would imagine, i try to avoid dealers as they can be very expensive in fact they can be very very expensive.

Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 04:58
PRSV, i will check the service history and paperwork, i would assume that it would of been swapped at first service once run in, i would assume that this happens to most RSVs
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 10:03
How far from AP in Tamworth are you. Worth a trip to find out and get tb balanced can't be done in conventional way Co2 has to be balanced makes a world of difference when done right.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:42
PRSV,
         i'm about an hour + away, i have been in conversation with Taz from AP Performance very helpful, and that is where i am may get the works done, when i have sourced the AT-300 and a set of headers so i can fit the plugs/bungs prior to having AP fit the AT-300 to keep the costs down.

i was looking at fitting the PC-V myself  prior to this also to save money, but it appears that it isnt as simple as i thought.

Leslie

Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 13:40
What's it running like now with akro and filter.
When i got my RSV it was not nice to ride slow around town since having it set up by Griff at AP runs fantastic without pc needed.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:35
Originally posted by leslie saint leslie saint wrote:

PRSV,
         i'm about an hour + away, i have been in conversation with Taz from AP Performance very helpful, and that is where i am may get the works done, when i have sourced the AT-300 and a set of headers so i can fit the plugs/bungs prior to having AP fit the AT-300 to keep the costs down.

i was looking at fitting the PC-V myself  prior to this also to save money, but it appears that it isnt as simple as i thought.

Leslie

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:39

PRSV,

Leslie

Les,  it's a piece of piss fitting the pcv and the AT300 Autotune,  I done it three years ago and have helped others to fit it too.
I done the same by getting some spare headers  . Fire me a pm and ask anything you want to know.

Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 17:32
Lads,
     got a set of headers of a lad on face book Mark Taylorson, he carries out mods to pipes, he has some modified for sale now on FB

these are the pipes I have bought at a great price

Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 20:48

PRSV, i will check the service history and paperwork, i would assume that it would of been swapped at first service once run in, i would assume that this happens to most RSVs

Prsv the dealer who supplied the bike fitted the akros on the first service, so it would be a fair assumption that switching to the race map was carried out

Leslie
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 22:48
I would Les ,but I will find out for you because it's not easy to check unless you got one of them machines . It would be switched over to map 2 with Akros especially from a dealer. Have you bought the pcv new or is it secondhand?  They normally come with an optimiser that plugs in line into the original oem lambda the narrow band sensor . I never fitted it although u got it with my pcv because I thought that when it was in nap 2 it deletes the oem sensor but that's not true as it still has a bearing on low revs. Si I fitted it in the end and it dies make a difference low down not much but noticeable slightly .
I will get you Dynojet helpline UK number tomorrow,  speak to Richard if I can't help you out,  the man I'd a genius . He rewrote my firmware file which was corrupt , all from his computer in his office by taking over my computer and could even see how my bike and both Dynojet units were working. 
I will dig some information out for you tomorrow. I still gave the installation instructions if you bought any of it secondhand and don't have it. 
Anything you need to feel free mate .
I will get you a definite answer about the map 2 but it's not something you can check yourself I am sure, but nobody fits or a dealer Akros without map 2. 
Cheers Rich .
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 05:12
Cheers Rich
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 05:40
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

I would Les ,but I will find out for you because it's not easy to check unless you got one of them machines . It would be switched over to map 2 with Akros especially from a dealer. Have you bought the pcv new or is it secondhand?  They normally come with an optimiser that plugs in line into the original oem lambda the narrow band sensor . I never fitted it although u got it with my pcv because I thought that when it was in nap 2 it deletes the oem sensor but that's not true as it still has a bearing on low revs. Si I fitted it in the end and it dies make a difference low down not much but noticeable slightly .
I will get you Dynojet helpline UK number tomorrow,  speak to Richard if I can't help you out,  the man I'd a genius . He rewrote my firmware file which was corrupt , all from his computer in his office by taking over my computer and could even see how my bike and both Dynojet units were working. 
I will dig some information out for you tomorrow. I still gave the installation instructions if you bought any of it secondhand and don't have it. 
Anything you need to feel free mate .
I will get you a definite answer about the map 2 but it's not something you can check yourself I am sure, but nobody fits or a dealer Akros without map 2. 
Cheers Rich .

Rich the PC-V is new from the Spotsbikeshop.co.uk great deal fast delivery, i would image that the little black box is the optimiser, i will read the instructions once i have everything in place and the plugs sockets welded in place, my son Asa leaves in New Zealand (Shakespeare bay) i would love to send it over there when i go over winter (UK) 2019.

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 09:22
Morning Les, this is my email address richard.betts50@hotmail.co.uk 
It's easier to communicate via email or you can send me a friend request on Facebook 
,Richard Betts , Winchester and we could use the messenger . Yes that is the optimiser .
I have just come back from the Aprilia trackday and the bike held its own against the big bores. I will get some information together and send it to you this evening .
You will need a lambda socket which you can get on eBay for a fiver or so.
The bungs,  I wish I had done what a 15 year old kid told me to do, tac the bungs on and offer them up then if ok grind the tabs off then drill the holes.  But you have two sets so if you are careful you could Mark it and get ot right the first time.  My front lambda missed the oil cooler by 1/8 of an inch but tbh it's not like I am going to remove it unless you were going to tune another bike with a Pcv. Once set up you can map it per gear . Nige has got 12 maps on his and mapped it for each gear.  There's a few of us that have a group where we discuss mods,  two have big bores and we all go on track,  you are welcome to join us . If you got Facebook I will introduce you and you can have help of all of us. Nige is an engineer and built his own 1103 big Bore so very talented, he also has  a Pcv and AT300.
You lucky man going to Newzeland , I bought an Ironbite airbox ring from there and a slipper clutch and the lads were the nicest people I had ever met.
Send me a friend request , and I will send some pics  , you will see my profile picture of me as a young man on a TZ 350 with a Seeley frame 😂 a long time ago .
You will be able to fit this yourself and save lots of money. 
Cheers Rich .
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 09:52
So with the optimiser it doesn't matter if on variant 1 or 2 ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic