rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Bikes for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

03 R

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 03 R
    Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 08:00
2003 RSV R for sale

26155 miles
2 previous owners on V5
2 keys
MOT until October

Besides the standard upgrades the 2003 R got, this bike benefits from the following:

Akrapovic EVO 5 titanium system with the even more unobtainable carbon curved hanger. Ti wideband bungs welded onto headers by MHP (for mapping / TB balancing)
Jolly's carbon airbox
Big air boot
FR200 chip
Domino QAT (I have all 3 cams)
John Walker battery / starter cable kit
Brembo RSC 19 front brake master cylinder with optional reservoir & bracket
Twin braided brake lines, double ti banjo on the MC and ti bleed banjo's on the calipers
Fabbri screen (this screen cost me £140)
Aprilia Performance rearsets
HM Plus SS quickshifter
D.I.D. chain & talon sprockets 15-44
Titax adjustable clutch lever
Fireblade sidestand

Good bits:

I carried out a pretty comprehensive strip down / inspection / valet when I bought it, many photos showing the work done:

Any accessable fixings have been removed and hand buffed to remove fuzz / corrosion and then treated with ACF-50
Many more fixings replaced for new 
EVO 5 system fully overhauled by MHP
Loom has been fully inspected and a few repairs made where necessary (brown connector bypassed)
Valve clearances have been checked and new gaskets installed
Radiators removed and cleaned, coolant system flushed, fresh coolant and new hose clamps used where necessary
4 new spark plugs
Rear linkage inspected & packed with grease
Fork seals & oil were done by AP just before I bought it
TB balancing done by AP after I fitted the exhaust & airbox
Engine oil and filter replaced 100 miles ago
The bike starts on the button, runs and rides flawlessly
There are no fluid leaks of any kind from anywhere
Fitted with Bridgestone RS10R's with plenty of life left

Bad bits

It's a 15 year old bike with 26k miles so there is the odd scratch / stone chip
The headlamp is not in great shape, it's quite crazed / faded. I've never been a fan of the gen 1 headlights anyway so I just put a white cover over it
Not much in the way of service history

I'm after £4600, or £3600 with the standard exhaust system, airbox and chip fitted.

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 08:45
What's brought this on, old age, senility, moment of pure madness, that's a great bike.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 08:57
Possibly madness and I know I might live to regret this... It's an awesome bike but the reality is I'm not getting much of a buzz riding it on the road. I'm going to be looking for another track bike instead. If I had the money for both she would be staying but saving for a house deposit means it's one or the other Ouch
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:21
wow can't believe this is up for sale after the huge amount of work you've put into it.  Someone will be getting a fantastic machine thats for sure good luck with the sale mate and the trackbike hunt.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 13:38
Yeah man it was a huge amount of time and effort but I don't regret it. I'll do the same to the replacement too, if she sells. I know I'm asking top dollar especially considering the mileage (some have sold recently with half the miles for similar prices). I know I'd have paid the asking price when I was looking though. If I don't get what I'm after she can stay Smile
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 13:50
What track bike are you after?
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 13:58
I'd consider just about anything as long as it's clean, tidy and well specced...
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 14:25
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 15:14
Is that yours??
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 16:22
Yes but could be yours.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 16:45
PM me! Thumbs Up
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:01
Bike is sold pending collection Dead I'll miss her but have a deal with the buyer (a forum member) of first refusal should she ever be sold again... Going to a very good home
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
The Shredder View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 13:47
Wow beautiful bike extremely clean one of my fav reps new buyer is lucky!

BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 14:53
yep,you know if this fellas owned it,you can eat your dinner off every part of it!!
and itll have all the best mods fitted.
that is a beauty old pal.
aaressveeguy View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaressveeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 00:27
Goodness me. Have the miles been racked up by just rotating the wheels on a paddock stand-(although that'd be a somewhat boring way to pass time)? It looks to have never been out of a garage.
I'd have to hang my head in shame each time I remove the fairings ...
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 14:02
Thanks for the kind words. This bike was in fairly regular condition when I got it (25k / 15 years of dirt, oil leaks, wiring issues, rusty bolts etc etc). Something like 180 hours of labour later and now she looks like this Smile

The pain of letting her go is definitely reduced by the fact it's going to somebody who will continue to throw time and money at her... Also the option to buy her back if the opportunity ever comes. Kind of feels like she's going on a long holiday LOL
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 15:18
It couldn't find a better home than the top class chap it's going to Wink

The thing is, when you've done all the work you have (I doubt there's a cleaner one out there), it's a long bonding process.

Thus parting is sweet sorrow.

"I hate goodbyes,  lets just say aurevoir"

Question everything.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 20:00
his bikes always get used,he just really looks after them and has ocd like me i think,
cept he's more daring and has better knowledge too deep clean much better lol.

so marko,whos the lucky new owner mate?
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 20:06
Hmmmm now thats what im wondering. 
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 20:28
well,its not me or you then my pal lol
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 20:40
believe me mate i  seriously considered it even offered up my factory to someone else who was after a Gen2 so i could buy it but that never happened as they were after a black one not the faster silver model LOL
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 21:53
arrgh alot cant handle tthe silver pal.
i wouldnt care what colour as long as it was in that nick and had tigs on,or were you hangin onto the migs lol
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 22:03
Hahaha yeah that's what I thought,  it was a members female friend so no changing a woman's mind you know that I would of been sad to see it go but i would've for that beauty markos one bloke you would happily buy from, and no the Tigs are staying even if i sold it never seen another set for sale.......ever!
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 22:12
dont blame you mate.
yeah marko goes through every inch of his bikes,mechanicals,bodywork,even wiring,mint.
i remember when he had that blue r1 he didnt get on with,
id have loved that but had just bought one already when his was for sale.
you dont need a warranty buying off this fella.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 14:35
Howdy lads.... just thought i better show my face and end the suspense,,I'm the , very lucky, new owner of Marko's 03.... 😀... I sold the zx9r a couple of weeks ago and Mark decided he was willing to let it go after all , so how could I refuse to partner up the Tuono with another Ape(And an evo5 to sit next to the evo6......I'm getting as bad as Nickyboy😂).... 

So it looks like I've got another long term project to get stuck into(No 1060 this time though, my nerves and bank balance couldn't handle that again😂).  
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 16:27
You know it makes sense Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 19:59
congrats buddy,2 stunning apes you have now.its nice that its staying in the "family".lol
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 20:35
Funnily enough I'm buying the zx10 swingarm that the original owner of your old 9r was going to fit to it, plus a couple of other bits.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 22:24
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Funnily enough I'm buying the zx10 swingarm that the original owner of your old 9r was going to fit to it, plus a couple of other bits.

Howdy Hemi. 
 Ooh, you modding your ZX9R? Is it a straight swap?.
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 23:32
It should be with this swingarm, it needs refurbing but will look good, it's one of the parts on earlier 9's that's lacking is the spindly swingarm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic