rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scottish AP Clan Gathering #2 August 19th 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 21:10
same time ??
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 21:35
Yes m8, 11:00 am at Micky D’s, Balloch, Alexandria. 

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 21:54
Head up from Balloch to Inveraray, grab lunch and then on to Tyndrum for a brew maybe. Bit shorter route but probably prudent given the weather is gonna be unpredictable.

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 13:12
guess something went wrong turned up and nobody there waited until 11.50 then went home. Decent day anorl

Maybe next year
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 16:52
Oops!! Sorry dude but it was discussed on the Facebook event page this morning - postponed due to rain/drizzle. 

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 18:01
always next year 

On a positive note my bike is going like fook since griff tuned it chased a busa from the roundabout he was popping wheelies and kept up for a bit 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 19:46
Excellent!!! Good to hear. The man is a genius when it comes to our bikes. 

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 00:19
nice weather this weekend if anyone is up for the run out
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 11:20
well surprised nobody was up for a spin on Saturday what a lovely day it was I scooted up and around the route met up with a few bikers had a good blether and played around and had some fun with the folk i met as i went around. The bike is well suited for the wee tricky roads in fast and out even faster It kept up with everything until they got wound up then started to pull away but along came the next corner so no escape for them. One said all I could hear was fokin thunder behind me I couldn't concentrate.  When in front I had to give them a warning with a wee stab of the brake when I shut off the throttle so I didn't get shunted up the backside. It was a shock that such an old bike with an old duffer was so capable against the newer machines.  Knackered today but went into the garage to give her a wee pat and polish 

I set my rearsets up gp pattern and so much more fun I found I was having issues getting my toes under the lever after a corner but now it's so much more natural I don't understand why it was ever set up one down

braking my knee is more locked into the tank with my foot under the lever heal jammed into frame and the pegs give the grip thats lacking particularly when wet

Looking forward to a run out next year with the clan and frighten the wildlife.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 19:32
Hi m8, we should hopefully make another run out at some point, be good to catch up with you. 

I considered going out for a spin yesterday but the missus was in Edniburgh on a girls day oot at the Fringe so I was 'Daddy Day Care' all day for our wee fella. But tomorrow I'm off to Skye for a few days on the bike to visit a m8 up there. Looking forward to that. Pictures to follow. Thumbs Up

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 20:38
Skye is so nice we toured around there a few years ago on a Honda cb 1000. But don’t buy fuel there robbing bastids infact everything was too much. But to die for there’s the nice run to Ullapool the back way as well

Have fun wish it was me I’m off to Dunoon in the morning
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic