rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scottish AP Clan Gathering #2 August 19th 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scottish AP Clan Gathering #2 August 19th 2018
    Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 22:24
Folks,

Since I had huge mechanical issues and couldn't attend the July run from Tyndrum, I've had a quick chat with a few folk and it looks like there is some interest in an August run out.

Route still to be confirmed although I think the last route proposed would still be a good one. 

Sign up either here to state your intention to attend or if you are on Facebook, click here and sign up:-

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 07:44
i would be happy to do another lap of the route we did at the weekend if you are up for it . ( if the weather is looking like it will be good ) 
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 16:10
I would love to go  
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 16:13
just remember AP are doing a tour date in August and I'm booked into that for a tune and bits 
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 19:57
Yeah, the AP tour dates at Bathgate are 15th/16th or 16th/17th (can't recall which) and I'm booked in for the 16th first thing in the morning to have a fork oil change. So the proposed run on the 19th Aug is that week but after the tour dates.

A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 20:58
Booked in for the 15th for a TB balance and servicing the suspension likkages
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 21:05
I thought it was 2nd  Aug ! 

If anyone is up for a run on the 2nd post up 
 As the middle of August onwards is a total bust for me due to work, and several training courses . 

Also that gives 2 chances of getting good weather all the way round the lap ! 

j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 22:20
I can't make the 2nd or 19th of August Cry
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 21:23
2nd August is a non starter for me as it’s my birthday on 1st August and we are away overnight. Confused

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 22:29
I’m game for 2nd if you get a few let me know
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 20:36
Who is able to attend the run on the 19th folks? I'll post up on the AP Facebook page as I know not everyone is on the forums here.

Just trying to get an idea of numbers etc.....

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 17:11
I’m in 
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 17:17
there was a mention of the 2nd as well is that still a possibility 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 21:07
Folks,

August 19th weather forecast looks dry and warmish for the Sunday, anyone still interested in a ride out that day? I'll also post on the FB event page.

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 21:13
count me in
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 21:32
Excellent, if those who are attending could confirm on the Facepuss event page it will help me work out who is coming along. Thumbs Up

https://www.facebook.com/events/270047333553460/

I'll mention it to all the Ape owners at Andi's at next weeks AP servicing day too. 

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 22:53
FAAAAACK!!!!!! Weather forecast changed yet again, not looking good for Sunday folks......wet and rainy! Cry

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 22:59
yup I hate wet wind and rain and fokin cold anorl sliding about all over the place and put money on first sign of rain it breaks down

But it’s tuesday and it’s gona change at least 10 times before Sunday 
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 16:50
My bikes decided to have some form of fit so I'm out of this one, had to cancel the service day slot at Andi's for today, bike simply wouldn't have made it through, the bike was faultless on the last ride out, but sinse then something has gone to pot, think the TB's have gone massively out of sync..
David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 21:35
hope weather forecast is better for Sunday at the min it’s heavy rain. Was over in Bathgate at andy’s place getting a tune up by griff and josh what a bunch of nice guys they are couldn’t have been treated any nicer what a great day out. 

Had a good look at the adjustable rear sets they make whilst I was there and they are top notch and I’m picky but need to get a set 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 23:03
Aye, good craic as always. Had my fork oil changed at Andi's at the servicing day today, front end feels so much better.

Weather forecast for this Sundays run slowly but steadily improving......hope it continues to do so:-

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 23:07
hope for a nice day fingers crossed
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 11:00
Have a good one guys.
And don't forget...we need pics....lots of em...or it didn't happen!

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 15:36
it won’t happen if we don’t know where and when though and time for meet up

Ordered my shiney rear sets today be Monday before I get them tho and a few hours playing about with setting etc but looking forward

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 17:19
It's on the Facebook event page bud, link at top of this forum thread. Wink
For those not on Facepuss, copied and pasted text from there is below:-

Weather looking 'reasonable' at this point, keep yer fingers crossed. 

Meet at 11:00 AM at the Green Welly in Tyndrum.

Proposed route from Tyndrum Green Welly is up thru Glencoe, then out towards Appin, down to Connel then hang a left to Taynuilt, round Loch Awe, hang a right to head down the road to Inveraray. Stop there for lunch and a chat/photos. Then on from Inveraray down through the 'Rest and be thankful' road through Arrochar to Tarbet then turn left, head up along the shores of Loch Lomond through Ardlui and on to the Drovers Inn for a stop there for a pee/coffee/chat. Then head north to Crianlarich, turn left and back to the Green Welly to Tyndrum for a final stop/chat/fuel up. Then everyone can head their separate ways from there, North/South/East or West.

Route is 3 and a half hours overall, not including stops for fuel, food, chat etc. Sound ok? If anyone fancies meeting early doors at Callander about 09:30 to leave for Tyndrum at 09:45 at the latest then we can do that too? ?????

Route map below. This route takes in some utterly stunning roads and scenery. It's gonna be busy traffic wise as it always is on a Sunday. I'll post up a few pointers/guidelines for riding in a group shortly as I think since we are all riding together for the first time there needs to be a degree of common sense applied to make it a safe but fast and enjoyable day out. 

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 22:34
thanks for that I have Facebook but not a clue how it works can barely work my phone fokin technology, meant to be a smart phone I think it is it outsmarts me anyway.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 13:10
Forecast now looking like rain most of the day. No fun in that. Will check forecast again later in the day but I ain't riding in the pissing rain. Thumbs Down

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 14:17
looks like rain until 12 then dry
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 20:51
Gents, the suggestion is now that we meet at the McDonalds car park in Balloch instead of Tyndrum. That way, we will be hopefully running behind the weather front as it moves away from us?

Sound ok?

David451 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 21:08
I’m good with that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic