rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dyno jet PC V and the AT-200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyno jet PC V and the AT-200
    Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 19:06
Lads,
       have any of the forum members fitted the Dyno jet PC V and the AT-200 Auto tune, if so has it been a success.

Leslie
MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 19:08
dog has with great success they are meant to be really good ask him buddy 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 19:27
Yep couple guys on here fitted them with good results.
ConTRo13r View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConTRo13r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 20:22
In have fitted a bazzaz and auto tune. Good bits of kit. Yet to take on a dyno run yet 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 13:04
Originally posted by leslie saint leslie saint wrote:

Lads,
       have any of the forum members fitted the Dyno jet PC V and the AT-200 Auto tune, if so has it been a success.

Leslie
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 13:29
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Lads,

Leslie
Hi Les, great bit of kit , but really you want the AT300 as it can map both cylinders individually.  You will have to weld some 18 mm bungs into each header to take the Lambdas or wideband sensors . I leave mine on a live map so it mapping and updating the map all the time.  It's great if you change things like the induction,  velocity stacks or to an open Airbox,  there will be no need to go to the Dyno shop so will save you lots of money in the long run.  It works superbly ,the fueling low down is brilliant and picks up from nowhere,  I run 15/40 gearing and it's a breeze in town.  If if you change the exhaust all you have to do is ride it and it will map itself , it took it about half hour to map the double velocity stacks . I have 13/1 AFR which is the default setting,  because on Clynder runs hotter than the other you really need the AT300 mapping both.  You can even map for every gear.  For me its been brilliant as I was always playing with the induction side of things.  I have never been to the Dyno , had the bike for three years .
I will be changing next year to Ignijet for the big Bore because I need to be able to adjust ignition timing , and have the ability to control the cooling fans which Dynojet don't do for the rsv, otherwise I would have stuck with it. The Ignijet does away with the oem Siemens Ecu.  The Dynojet Autotune is great bit kit though,  it's used in at the TT with nearly all the sidecars and quite a few  solos because it gives them the ability to have a perfect map all around the circuit as it differs so much temperature and height ,the Autotune can cope with the variations and deliver perfect tuning all around the circuit. 
If you decide to fit one get in touch and I will help you out,  with the installation , it's pretty straight forward.  Somebody done it on here recently with no problems .
leslie saint View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 19:36
dog,
       thank you for that very helpful, i have found out about the AT-300 from YouTube, of all things a bloke setting a harley up.

i would ask though i have had a good look around my down pipes the front cylinder has a sensor fitted into the pipe, and the rear down pipe has a plugged socket similar size to the front down pipe

REAR DOWN PIPE

FRONT DOWN PIPE

MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 19:39
Dog,
       all i am doing to mine is the Akro end cans the K&N air filter and the PC V with an AT-300 and possibly alter the sprockets.

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 19:39
They do have them but the oe fittings are to small for power commander fittings..
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 21:03

Dog,
       all i am doing to mine is the Akro end cans the K&N air filter and the PC V with an AT-300 and possibly alter the sprockets.

I don't understand about the sprockets , as for the Akros it won't make a difference as it can map anything that's put on the bike ,regardless of the airbox or exhaust 
 All you got to do is ride it and it will map it without you doing anything.  It knows if anything has changed and will map it to suit. 
Once setup do change anything you want , it's that easy .
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 03:27
cheers for the info dog been thinking of getting the smaltmoto kit for my gen1 i think i will go ahead with it now seeing as the results are worth it 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 03:39
dog will i have to get a map switch or can you leave it on live through the auto tune
cheers
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 07:03
There's no need for a map switch , but that's entirely up to you.  Once you fitted it you don't have to to touch it . It will run a live map unless you pick a stored map .  I have not touched it since I fitted it but I have changed many things on the bike , it will hit it's set target AFR figure . For instance,  if you change to an open Airbox it will know that it getting more air so it will change the fuel to suit.  It will even compensate for a dirty airfiter .
Once it's on there you can forget it, but if you want to play with the trims you can , you need to download the Dynojet software on to your laptop , which must have USB port to enable you to plug the unit into. A few things have changed depending on the model numbers , but the UK Dynojet helpline is second to none . Richard is the man to speak to , I will dig his number out for you post it on here.  He even took my computer over and rewrote a corrupt firmware file . And he could see how my bike was on his computer in his office,  amazing.  I haven't played around with it, but there's plenty of scope and adjustability,  it runs quick as any other bike with a custom map that's for sure,  well I will find out on Tuesday at the Aprilia trackday Donington ,it wouldn't surprise me if it gives Adam's 1060 a run for its money 😂 .  Your biggest advantage of having an Autotune is that you always have optimum fueling,  if you make any changes it start mapping immediately when you start the bike, you don't have to tell it you have changed anything , it will know and it can make a basic map to suit in twenty mins but the more you ride the bike, more comprehensive the maps becomes .
If I had to pay for a map everytme I changed something then if I didn't like it changed it back , it would have cost me a fortune .
But with that Autotune you just change something leave on for a long ride and if you don't like it take it off and you haven't paid for two Dyno sessions . My friend has a big Bore 1103 he has the same setup . We both agree that it cleans up the fueling low down aswell.  My bike is just as happy under 4k revs as it is above.  The Stefano's carbon double velocity stacks has made the motor more linear , just fitted them and it started developing a map for them straight away away,  you could feel it getting better as it was doing it . The other thing is the optimiser which you get with the pcv this plugs in-line to the oem narrow band sensor or the old lambda,  I always thought that when the bike is on map2 it deletes the the Lambda, but this is not true because it still has a bearing on low down revs , so when I found this out I fitted it the other day , if I had known that I would have installed it before.  Tbh it's even better ay lower revs now .
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 07:08
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

cheers for the info dog been thinking of getting the smaltmoto kit for my gen1 i think i will go ahead with it now seeing as the results are worth it 
I think Derek O coner just fitted one to a gen 1 with a Smalmoto kit.  He's a member on here , I will ask him if he kindly will give some information about that . But he installed it quite easily with no problems. 
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 07:16

Lads,

Leslie
Hi Les, great bit of kit , but really you want the AT300 as it can map both cylinders individually.  You will have to weld some 18 mm bungs into each header to take the Lambdas or wideband sensors . I leave mine on a live map so it mapping and updating the map all the time.  It's great if you change things like the induction,  velocity stacks or to an open Airbox,  there will be no need to go to the Dyno shop so will save you lots of money in the long run.  It works superbly ,the fueling low down is brilliant and picks up from nowhere,  I run 15/40 gearing and it's a breeze in town.  If if you change the exhaust all you have to do is ride it and it will map itself , it took it about half hour to map the double velocity stacks . I have 13/1 AFR which is the default setting,  because on Clynder runs hotter than the other you really need the AT300 mapping both.  You can even map for every gear.  For me its been brilliant as I was always playing with the induction side of things.  I have never been to the Dyno , had the bike for three years .
I will be changing next year to Ignijet for the big Bore because I need to be able to adjust ignition timing , and have the ability to control the cooling fans which Dynojet don't do for the rsv, otherwise I would have stuck with it. The Ignijet does away with the oem Siemens Ecu.  The Dynojet Autotune is great bit kit though,  it's used in at the TT with nearly all the sidecars and quite a few  solos because it gives them the ability to have a perfect map all around the circuit as it differs so much temperature and height ,the Autotune can cope with the variations and deliver perfect tuning all around the circuit. 
If you decide to fit one get in touch and I will help you out,  with the installation , it's pretty straight forward.  Somebody done it on here recently with no problems .

Dog,
       dont mention sidecars, i have 2 biking mates Steve & Charlie Kilduff who raced for a few years, once you get them started you cant shut them up,,,,only joking brilliant lads, im out regular with Steve he has got a MV triple 

constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:57
cheers dog the more information the better I think I'll order one at the end of the month 
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 13:00

There's no need for a map switch ,
The other thing is the optimiser which you get with the pcv this plugs in-line to the oem narrow band sensor or the old lambda,  I always thought that when the bike is on map2 it deletes the the Lambda, but this is not true because it still has a bearing on low down revs , so when I found this out I fitted it the other day , if I had known that I would have installed it before.  Tbh it's even better ay lower revs now .

CONSTANTS is a gen1 bigbore not gen2 so lambda doesn't come into play

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 08:25
 I will ask Derek to do a post about his installation to his gen 1,  he used the smaltmoto modified pcv too.

constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:55
thanks dog that will be very useful 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 12:04
i mailed smaltmoto yesterday but no reply yet 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 19:01
[QUOTE=constant]i mailed smaltmoto yesterday but no reply yet [/QUOT
E] I don't know what's happening there because their site wasn't  active . I might want exhaust system of them next year. 
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 19:23
yes last month i tried smaltmoto and it not active tried the other day and it was on again i will wait and see if they reply to my mail
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic