rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tyre repair kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyre repair kit
    Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 19:41
Going to Europe in a couple of weeks and need recommendations for one of these kits please.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 20:15
Rema Tip top. Fixed a 1/2" cut in a tyre with one of these much to my amazement. Comes with CO cannisters for inflation as well for just over £20
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 20:56
only used the plug type on cars  x2 , worked a treat,  Kieti brand name ?
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 21:13
I’ve still got some spare kits I bought for a group buy a while ago 
I’ve had to use them on a couple of occasions with great success 

I always have one under the seat of the bike 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 21:57
I just use Ultraseal when I fit a tyre,never had a puncture that I knew about
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
groovylee View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groovylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 05:30
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 07:47
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I just use Ultraseal when I fit a tyre,never had a puncture that I knew about

My brother swears by that stuff - or at least something similar - I forget the name. but all his four bikes have it with tens of thousands of miles touring. Durham Police also put it in all of hteir cars and bikes.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 10:58
If you ever see the stuff demonstrated at a show you'll be a convert.   I first saw it years ago at the Welsh bike show and both me and my mate had our bikes treated immediately,it really gives you peace of mind when riding.

Tyre fitters don't like it as it stays semi runny in the tyre but it does rinse away with water. I had it in all my bikes until I started doing trackdays and then I didn't want the hassle of rinsing if I needed new boots for some reason.

Because of this I got out of the habit totally until it occurred to me what could happen if I got a puncture during one of my forays into the wild and desolate wastes of Wales.

Now back to that comforting feeling of knowing that anything less than a major rip in the carcass will be handled without drama

No reason why you can't still carry one of those plug repair/inflation kits as well though for a belt and braces feeling
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:14
There are now many competitors out there,I had some green stuff many years ago ( Slime?) but that caused major tyre imbalance.

The original importers of this stuff used to tour round shows demonstrating it in use by taking the wheel out of one of their Triumphs and mounting it on a balancing type rig and inviting people to stab it repeatedly with a sharpened awl.
At the end of the day it was remounted in the bike and ridden home looking like a pin cushion with hundreds of little coloured dots where the sealant had worked

As I recall these two guys had a falling out and the technical one left and took his skills elsewhere and started making his own competing product,which is actually the version I use and it's produced in the UK

I'll see if I can find the details in case anyone is interested
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:35
Correction

Ultraseal was the original product bought over many years ago that I first fitted,what I have now is Puncturesafe

this is pretty much the same setup as the original demo

I'm a convert,it takes away that nagging 'what if..' thought in the back of your mind when out on a ride.

And it's made in Devon should you want to collect it at source
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:44
Even better demo

You'd have to be very unlucky to have this many punctures

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 17:37
Puncturesafe it is by the sounds of it, just waiting for some more info, PM'd you Ian.

Just ordered 2 bike's worth for £25 on ebay, cheaper than a decent repair kit.
Thing that swung it for me, apart from all the good reviews, is it will prevent a puncture.
Using a repair kit, you've got to survive a puncture first before you repair the tyre.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic