rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick shifter option Gen 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick shifter option Gen 2
    Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 18:49
Lads,
     is there an option to fit a quick shifter to a Gen 2.
MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 19:10
many makes on the market, healtech , bazazz and dynojet to name a few
leslie saint View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 19:12
Colin,
         does it require a control unit or do the plug into the standard 2008 Factory ECU/Loom
MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 19:15
dynojet requires power commander 5 or 3, bazazz i think requires control unit , healtech is stand alone i believe. i have a power commander 5 running mine
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 19:19
Colin,
      did the power commander come with a map on for your bike or did you have to download it yourself...or did you go the whole hog and get it set up at a dyno jet rolling road centre
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 19:23
i run a zero map downloaded of dynojet site at the minute so it isnt affecting the fuelling just runs the shifter
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 20:54
So zero is the setting if you decide to go with the PC5
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 21:05
no you can have it mapped aswell but i havent bothered yet
mixdrive1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixdrive1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 22:14
I run a translogic stand alone on mine, have to say it's simply amazing, didn't have to set it up at all, doesn't need a pc unit and have perfect up shifts for 1,5 seasons racing
current;2001mille,2003R,2003Eddy,2012Tuono. Previous RS250,2006Factory,2001mille,2001R and 2x2002mille
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 05:16
Mix,
       is the translogic quick shift on the way up the box, or can you get both up and down.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 08:16
ive got the healtech stand alone on mine, 45 minutes fitting time, easy to set up using the app and it works like a dream. 
You can use it with standard shift or GP shift. Ideally could do with a Dyno run for a perfect setup but I've pretty much nailed mine  by just playing on the road. 
The other positive is, you can fit it without rear sets if you just have the standard gear linkage. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic