rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seal Mate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seal Mate
    Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 08:11
Lads,
       I have added a Seal Mate to my already extensive array of tools and thingy mabobs, non of them acquired from our engineering workshop you understand.

Has any one used this there are several instructional videos available on YouTube, just wondered members experiences with this tool in particular on the Ohlin's fork.

MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 09:56
I haven't but a friend has and it worked a treat, fetched the crud out easy.
leslie saint View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:06
Hemi, i have attempted mine this morning, the sun is shining and the roads are calling, just listening to a bit of Bad Co on airplay, as soon as my muckers land we are off into Derbyshire,,,it does'ent get any better, that is other than 13th of May 2012 90+5. ill keep you posted on the result of the seal mate

MANCUNIAN BY BIRTH CITY BY THE GRACE OF GOD & ALAH DOGS AMONG THE BUSHES LOVE WILL TEAR US APART
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:17
Went out at 4,30 this morn, 180 miles with a breakfast and a few coffee's at the bike shop talking crap and home for 9,30. Suicidal pigeons a plenty today though, one flew up and hit my right knuckle, thank god for armour though as it hurt like hell and got some nice swelling. Mate wondered what happened as he rode through a huge cloud of feathers and dust.
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 13:33
nice tool🤙
Shake'n bake
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 19:24
Lads, I can confirm after a long ride today, the offending leaking fork is as "Dry as a Nuns Knickers" so the seal mate has worked on this occasion.
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 19:51
has or hasn't?
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 19:56
Yes, i'm out tomorrow & Monday on the prilla, so i will post if it weeps again,as i said it is "As dry as a Nuns Knickers"

snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 14:30
Cut one out of a plastic milk bottle ?
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 16:18
or just use a feeler gauge....Tongue
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 16:42
AF1 I think the feeler gauge would be too straight Wink

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 22:33
ypnusd it on the falco took 5 or 6 goes by sorted out the weeping seal

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 22:37
Have none of you got any negative strip from your old pics's?

Ah,what the snowflake generation is lacking  Wink  LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 22:44
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Have none of you got any negative strip from your old pics's?

Ah,what the snowflake generation is lacking  Wink  LOL

The seal mate is worth it, a small cost compared to taking a leg out and fitting a new seal, been to Willy Woods/Willingham Woods today and a bit of a cabby round app 90/100 miles, when i got home i got the bike up on the bench and it is still dry as a nuns knickers.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 23:01
A sealmate might be worth it ,but only if you haven't got something as mundane as a piece of negative,price 0p Wink

One of the downsides to emulsion photography can turn out to have unexpected benefits in this increasingly gadget driven throw away society

Old skool RULES LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 06:55
Ian,
        can you still buy camera film, i like many others grew up with the holiday snaps being processed at the local Boots/shop with anticipation, but like many others my iPhone is never away from my person and the quality of the images are second to non. these are a couple of my original photos

the best thing about the modern way of taking photos is that even a complete numpty like myself can point and shoot a camera
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 07:00
Sorry point a shoot a camera phone, my dad always had a soft spot for Zeiss cameras, my brother Drew has got is camera somewhere stashed away.

Leslie
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:45
I have noticed just lately there are some tight bastards on here! LOL
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 13:55
Why waste money, that's the government's job Wink
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 18:17
Too true Clap

When those Sealmates first appeared years ago it was an alternative to film strip which was the ghetto way to clean seals up until then.

I think some Luddites still prefer emulsion photography,a camera phone suffices for me but I still have some packets of happy snaps from years ago that probably have strip negatives tucked away in the packets.

I love old school Wink

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic