FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Future bike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future bike
    Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 12:10
Live long enough to embarrass your kids  LOLLOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 12:01
The legislators will (Already are) force the move. In cars the manufacturers are switching to electric in a big way. Most of the big manufacturers have (Or are) pulling out of endurance racing to switch to Formula E and F1 has been Hybrid for a good few years. There is no going back, bikes will follow. It's  one of those rare examples where marketplace demand will not ensure that demand is supplied.

The other aspect of course is that most people are like sheep and they follow the crowd and will eat what they are given. Just look at how many plain ugly bikes find buyers these days. No wonder our bikes draw admiring glances when they are parked up next to modern stuff. Even my mates who ride the latest kit always remark how good looking my Gen 1 is.

We are old farts aren't we! Big smile

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:40
Could be an interesting ride getting there though,after 100 years we're still trying to perpetuate the myth telescopic front forks are the future LOL

Nothing is more conservative ( small c ) than a motorcyclist resisting change

Until MotoGp et al,decide to change then there will be no large scale movement to new technology,it needs something like Honda's hatred of 2 strokes to effect anything,and even that was driven by self interest more than anything else.

More power LOL  to back yard builders like Ripperton bucking the status quo
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:01
I've seen that, a lot of ingenuity, and massively fast.

Most of us are all a bit anti the electric things as we like the noise and smell from our IC engines. However, especially us V-Twin fiends maybe we can love them as they give instant torque and that's one of the things we like about our current bikes. Thats the same reason I like my big capacity diesel car, (Which is also destined to be legislated out of existence) - just ride the torque. As said currently it's the impracticality of the range but just maybe they will be the new 4 stroke and our current bikes (See what I did there?!) will be seen as the new 2 strokes!

Personally I think current elec tech will just be a stepping stone to something like Hydrogen Fuel Cells in the way that fluorescent light bulbs were to LED.

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:35
Found it

Now that would be FUN!

Have to shoot the hyped up mate though Ouch
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:16
That's the kicker isn't it?

Even with some yet to be invented battery tech,you still need lots of dirty power stations working flat out to be able to re charge the things.

Also I believe with things like Tesla's you never actually own the battery? And that alone is the better part of the cars value.

Be great for a trackbike though,anyone watched the youtube vids of that homemade electric bike? think it's an Aussie build based around an R1 chassis

Taking it to science fiction levels and sub miniature nuclear reactors powering vehicles,would people with beards and head scarves be allowed to ride? Shocked    Obviously the fiction writers have re written the human mindset to suit.

Don't think that'l be in our near future after all  then  LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 22:29
Great for 80 mile round trips....other than that though..?
A battery pack for one of those is over £6k.
Secondhand value will be dire.
Maybe in a decades time when the tech is better?
But at that price, you're in Panagale territory.....

RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 19:38
I like the idea of these for quick, short blasts, but.......I’m off out tomorrow with a group of mates on a run around Scotland which is a 325 mile route. This thing has a 120km range on a full charge.

Hmmmmmm......Confused

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 21:57

The bike looks good but, Rosberg is a face you would like to punch...
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 21:53
They made one for Nico Rosberg:

Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 20:32
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic