rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RSVR 2005 stuttering when hot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RSVR 2005 stuttering when hot
    Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:19
hi All, I’m currently getting really fed up of the bike and Iv only had it a month. After about 15-20 mins of riding the bike starts to stutter and want to give up when it’s hot. I find myself having to stutter backhome at around 30mph.
Someone said it might be electrical so I changed plugs and leads. Still the same. Costs seem to build up with all the things it could possibly be. Fuel sender hose has kink in it aswell. 
Any ideas would be really appreciated 
Regards
Craig
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:35
some one will be along soon to help, once sorted you’ll really enjoy , stay with it .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 20:37
sounds like the fuel filter to me easy to check and cheap to fix. Lift the tank and drain it . Remove the fuel pump and check both filters one is inside the base. Whilst apart check all of the pipes for splits. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 20:39
kink in the hose is very common leave it be its not the problem but could be if you try and straighten it all three of my Gen2 bikes have gad a kink in the pipe.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 21:19
Check the breather on the tank isn't blocked and causing a vacuum.
April24 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 20:39
update so far. Iv just replaced the fuel sender hose and ignition coil. Guess what it’s still the same. Everyone Iv told says coil but obvs that’s not the problem. Took the fuel pump out and cleared out all pipe work.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 21:19
Originally posted by April24 April24 wrote:

update so far. Iv just replaced the fuel sender hose and ignition coil. Guess what it’s still the same. Everyone Iv told says coil but obvs that’s not the problem. Took the fuel pump out and cleared out all pipe work.

Did you check/clean the filters that i mentioned ?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 21:21
And while messing with the pump did you check the breathers?
April24 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 22:05
ye all seemed good. Wondering if the fuel pump is on its way out
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 23:01
Originally posted by April24 April24 wrote:

ye all seemed good. Wondering if the fuel pump is on its way out

Possibly i got a second hand one for 50 quid when mine packed up
April24 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 18:46
so today I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and shock horror it’s still crap. I’m now not even managing to get 300 yards down the road. Totallyhadenough
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 20:00
Your not far from ap in Tamworth, worth a visit.
April24 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote April24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 20:33
yep that’s the problem my bike won’t get there

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 20:34
Courier
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 20:55
if I were you I would try and narrow the field. When it’s acting up see if one header is hotter than the other. If one is colder then that cylinder is misfiring. If both cylinders are misfiring it eliminates coils, plugs, leads etc. If only one is misfiring it would have eliminated the pump, filter etc. 

Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 09:15
I can highly recommend Lee Costello if you need your bike collected and dropped off .
he is past tamworth regularly . an fi you are local it wont break the bank . get it dropped off  -  I sent my bike to Griff from the North Of Scotland  .
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 09:58
I am assuming you have checked the reg/rec connectors are not melting and free from corrosion. Both plugs. One to reg/rec and the one between the V. Also check stator output and make sure it's the same across all the phases. The stutter would only start on race bike after several mins as it only started to break down when hot. 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic