rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arai RX7 to good to be true??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arai RX7 to good to be true??
    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:35
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:41
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

these are currently available on ebay (where else!!)

Now I love a bargain but something is telling me these may be to good to be true 

As the seller location is China but the returns address is Eastbourne ? (with address incorrectly spelt) it's either a scam or a cheap rip off copy which you then can't return.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:44
Report the item as many times as possible! These sellers need to be banished.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 11:14
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 19:51
Them Chinese are ruthless , they don't care about copyright . They are fakes alright .
EBay don't care, ridiculous . Mind you if you buy one you obviously got nothing to protect 😂 
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 20:39
It was a rhetorical question they are very obviously fakes, poor looking ones at that, and their listing says they've sold 2800 of the bloody things you may as well be wearing a flat cap!!  ebay will do jack sh%t about it but are happy to ban me for 7 days when I messaged someone my email address. 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 21:32
they don't care budd,  all they care about is money and just incase you done a deal behind their back . 
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 06:04
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

It was a rhetorical question they are very obviously fakes, poor looking ones at that, and their listing says they've sold 2800 of the bloody things you may as well be wearing a flat cap!!  ebay will do jack sh%t about it but are happy to ban me for 7 days when I messaged someone my email address. 

Same here, some bloke in Canada has stuff I want so I sent him my email. Message intercepted and they're watching me like a hawk. Twats couldn't give a sh*t when someone bought a bike off me then refused to pay because they were bidding on 2 and won 2.
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 22:28
Total fake helmet. The side pods on an Arai don't move with the visor, the rear vents are wrong also. It's not even the right shape to be an Arai. 
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 09:22
I emailed Arai's UK distributor yesterday here's their response :

Thankyou for contacting us

Unfortunately fake helmets can be common, particularly online. As a helmet manufacturer Arai try to keep ontop of it, but as the UK distributor, we are limited as to what we can do, other than report our findings

The first link is an American shell (RX-7X) , though a UK seller, looks like a private address. And the second is an American seller

I will certainly email these over to Arai to look into

Kind Regards
Emma Broadhead
Customer Services Advisor

at least they responded and I imagine it's a thankless task trying to keep up with the various knockoffs doing the rounds, I guess it's buyer beware.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic