rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front suspension springs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ningaman17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front suspension springs
    Posted: 28 May 2018 at 23:23
has anyone changed the springs in the front forks on gen 1 mille? Isit worth it over oem? Also what would be better out of hyperpro, k-teck and promoto from what i can find. Any info would be great
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 00:26
Why do you want to change the springs?
Have you running out of adjustment? (too heavy or too light?)
Makes really good sense to change if you can't get the required amount of sag. 
But changing just the springs for the sake of changing them, will make such a minimal difference, you're unlikely to notice. A re-valve, or a big piston conversion on the other hand.... 
Ningaman17 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ningaman17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 08:35
just standard showa forks mate, its booked in for new seals and was thinking of changing the 17year old springs if there was any performance gain? 
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:11
I'd be leaving the standards in there fella, and keep your pennies.
Nothing much wrong with the OE tbh.
The guys servicing them should check spring length to see if still in tollerance.
If ok, you're good to go.
A service and a change of oil will make all the difference though...if they haven't been done for a while, getting rid of accumulated sludge will be noticible.
Ningaman17 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ningaman17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:30
cheers mate i know that showa make good forks, its just that they are very dated, technology has come so far from them days lol didnt know wether springs would have come a long way aswell as all the ktech ect sounds so desirable aha cheers
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 11:44
I don't have a mille but a tuono gen1, I changed the fork springs on mine as no matter what settings the front always felt too stiff. It depends on your weight really whether the OE springs are right or not, also bear in mind because of the riding position on the tuono there is less weight over the front, I got 0.9 ktech springs,my weight 80kg.

Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
Timson View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 14:18
I had my Showa’s re-valved when they last went for a re-build.

Highly recommend Reactive Suspension if you’re anywhere near York.

Tim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic