rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R cutting out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R cutting out
    Posted: 22 May 2018 at 19:36
hi all, after coming back to rsv to An 01 r this time first ride out tonight and got caught short on fuel, light is rubbish and gave no warning. Filled up and on pulling away from station it cut out! Kept doing it so pulled over and it seemed to be as soon as I put it in to gear. Side stand switch I hear you all say. Not one there so where abouts would connection in loom be to test the wired out connection? On thinking about it would it not cut out when clutch is released? It cut out with clutch still in. Managed to get home but don’t want to go out again now! Tilt switch looks ok. A bit basic but ok
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 21:01
Either the stand switch bypass is wrong or come undone or maybe the clutch switch is not even there/busted. Or maybe it's just stalling from excessive clutch drag. 
Jimes256 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 22:14
where is the plug for stand switch? Clutch switch is there and clicking. Not clutch drag, definitely just cutting out and like I said would stop when I put into gear with clutch still in 
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 22:49
The plug would normally be on the left side just in front of where the subframe meets the main frame but depends how it was bypassed. Generally it would be a shorting wire in the white connector but some cut the block out and short the wires so.

I wouldn't take clicking as an indication that the clutch switch is working, only a meter will tell you that. If it is then maybe there is an issue with the diode pack that the safety circuit runs through.
Jimes256 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 22:54
I’ll test the clutch switch with meter. Just can’t seem to find the stand switch wires. Where’s the diode pack? Intermittent faults are a pain!
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 22:59
Originally posted by Jimes256 Jimes256 wrote:

I’ll test the clutch switch with meter. Just can’t seem to find the stand switch wires. Where’s the diode pack? Intermittent faults are a pain!

Diode pack is in the tail. Sidestand switch connector will have 3 wires, Black/green/brown. 

Jimes256 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 23:07
thanks, I’ll get to it tmrw!
Jimes256 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 18:34
I can’t find where there switchnis linked out anywhere!! Clutch switch is going open to closed nicely every time with meter. Can the 2 ecu wores be linked out to rid all safety circuits?
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 20:12
If the clutch switch is fine then there are only 2 possibles i can think of, a wiring fault or the diode pack has failed. The safety circuit is in multiple parts so no 2 wires wipes it all out totally. Not sure you would want to disable the tip over switch in case of an accident.

But yes it probably would be possible to disable the stand part at the ecu connector if you study the wiring diagram and trace the wires back.

Jimes256 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 20:13
looking at wiring diagram the link for stand puts green and brown that goes to diode pack to ground. If I just ground the brown and green at diode pack that would ensure it’s linked properly surely?
Jimes256 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 20:14
diode pack is good
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 20:17
Assuming the diode pack is good then yes. 
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 20:18
Green is just for the dash indicator so not important to test the theory
Jimes256 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimes256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 19:40
found the plug, badly taped up with scotchlock link and stuck to front cylinder! Hopefully now soldered it’s done!? Where’s the sun? !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic