rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gen 2 - poor running at low speeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R5VGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gen 2 - poor running at low speeds
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 16:01
Running problems with my 06 rsvr . 
    Starts fine , no issues idling. Low speeds and it pops and farts and is pretty my unrideable , give it some beans and it clears and all is well. 
  EFI light has come on however goes off when you turn it on and back on again, doesn’t come one whilst idling , only when riding at low ( town speeds ). 
   Any ideas ? I’m thinking fuel pump however I had a good 2nd hand one fitted by Griff last year and it’s not done many miles since then 

Thanks 
    Gav
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 16:08
Have you checked the vac hoses to the map sensor on the left side of the Tb's. If they split, crush or pop off it will run like crap and backfire up to about 3 or 4k rpm.
R5VGD View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R5VGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 19:40
I haven’t , do you happen to have a pic of where I’m looking ? 
    I had the tank off recently so it’s possible I’ve moved something. 
      I’m going to whip the tank off and have a look at the t- bag filter. I wondered if this might be blocked 
   Thanks for the reply 
      Gav 
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 19:49
I would expect a filter issue to effect the upper revs where fuel demand is higher but you never know. The 2 vac pipes run from each Tb to the sensor on the air box. check the whole pipe as they split in different places

R5VGD View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R5VGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 20:49
fantastic , many thanks for the pic. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic