rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel vent and drain pipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarkie135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel vent and drain pipes
    Posted: 16 May 2018 at 15:01
Anyone know where I can get suitable fuel vent and drain pipes that replace the ones that run down the side of the bike mine are to short and sit on the exhaust I take it normal silicone pipe wouldn't be up to the job being right next to the exhaust  has anyone replaced then 
rsvwalt View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsvwalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 15:16
i should think so, there's a coupler just below the tank on my Gen 1.
If your going to the MCN Peterborough show this weekend there's normally a stall that does all different hoses
Clarkie135 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarkie135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 16:30
Unfortunately I'll be at work there's plenty of silicone pipe on ebay just didn't want to fit it and the exhaust burns through it I have tryed to find oem pipes but can't see them 
RobertyBob View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 20:33
Hey thats weird I just took my tank off and noticed mine were both missing!  So I'm in the same boat. Sadly everything with my bike seems to have been botched or skimped on by the previous owners.

I researched it and the internal diameter is 5mm (I hope) so I've ordered some eBay silicone hose.

Without hijacking the thread does anyone know the routing of these hoses?  As in where they should come out at the bottom of the bike.  The parts fiche is next to useless..
Clarkie135 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarkie135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 02:02
Pretty much the same with my bike but I'm getting there, lucky enough I've ordered some 5mm ID silicone hose from ebay hopefully it will sta d up to the heat ok, the pipes run down the right side of the bike and there is actually a cut out in the belly pan where they should poke through if your still unsure when I replace mine I'll get some pictures 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:19
I don't think those drain hoses run too close to the pipes so silicone would probably be an improvement on oe
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:18
Got silicone pipes on mine.

It's routed slightly differently to normal near the exhaust, as I have a non standard belly pan.

Silicone will be better with any heat than rubber:

" Silicone is more resistant to heat, chemical attacks, fungus attacks, UV and Ozone attacks than normal rubber.

• Silicone is much better than all other rubbers for thermal insulation due to its heat resistance.

• Silicone rubber offers special properties, which organic rubbers do not posses. Organic rubbers have poor tensile and tear properties at high temperatures while these properties are excellent in silicone rubbers at the same temperature conditions."

Question everything.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 13:45
Silicone is much better than all other rubbers
so throw the durex in the bin then

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
CarsOrBikes View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarsOrBikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 23:58
pretty sure these run down the left actually, they go through a wire loop at the pump, across the subframe undertray, and straight 'ish' down in front of the clutch slave through the hole in the left panel

silicone will be fine I expect
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 09:35
Milles have them running down the right hand side and exiting down by the footrest,they are prone to melting on the collector if not routed through the belly pan properly

My gen2 Tuono has them on the running on the l/h side,well away from any heat so very unlikely to ever need replacement
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic