rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cheap SBS pads on ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cheap SBS pads on ebay
    Posted: 14 May 2018 at 23:56
My pads were getting a bit thin so after briefly considering Brembo SC's I decided to stay with the SBS RS (race sinters), mainly due to the price of the Brembos, if the price had been comparable I'd probably have given the SC's a go just out of curiositybut the SC's are around £100 plus I can't fault the SBS's so why bother changing just for the sake of it. So after searching about a bit on ebay I've found a seller offering SBS 762RS pads for £58 (both calipers) the more common price is £70-£77, so these are nearly £20 cheaper, the seller is drbikes, the listing is for 762RS which is the race sinter variant for the 4 pad Brembo caliper.
I think they have made a mistake in the listing, which is for something called a TM SMX 450F and not an Aprilia, but a lot of bikes use this particular caliper so it's likely they've mixed the price up with the dual carbon, if you search drbikes shop for 762RS to suit Aprilia or Ducati, MV etc the price jumps to £77 but they are the same part so it looks like they've mis-priced them, so if you're in the market for the some new pads you could do worse then take a look at these.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TM-SMX-450-F-2004-SBS-Race-Sintered-Front-Brake-Pads-762RS-/332437303991?hash=item4d66ceb2b7   ;
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 15:41
got my RS 762 from Ducati Mondo didn’t think I paid that much but think I, must dig out paperwork  got a deal on em as I also had Oro discs 
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 14:03
I did a bit of searching and these are the cheapest I could find, I checked Ducati mondo who are pretty local to me, so I could've collected, but they were £32.58 (per caliper) so drbikes are still a worthwhile saving and included delivery.
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 16:16
I bought those pads from that seller the other day budd. Listed as KTM but I double checked they'd fit ok.

They delivered quickly and were also the cheapest I could find too. Occasionally you hear stories of fakes but they look fine to me. Not fitted them yet though. Got them ready so it's not a last minute panic when I need them.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 16:17
Sorry TM, not KTM. Just clicked the link and they're now £78.
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 15:23
I was a bit sceptical but they were the correct part number so what the hell if they'd sent me the 762hs or carbon ones I'd have just sent them back, but they sent the desired race sinters so happy days £30 saved, looks like they've corrected the price now as you say all the 762RSs are priced at £78.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 16:18
Yeah when I bought they had a picture of the carbon ones so I had to confirm first. Shame they bumped the price back up now.

budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 17:04
where about in Yorks are you?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 17:20
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 17:25
I'm down nr Leeds, do you ever get over to Squires or Helmsley?
Mpp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 16:39

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I've just bought these and the price is for  2 cards I.e. enough to do both calipers. Including p&p I paid €55 which is approximately £50. Very good value if anyone is interested. 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 16:51
Don't apologise for sharing bargain brake pads. Seconds biggest cost after tyres. My last set only did 3 days.

Where are you seeing that though? I found this but not sure it's for 8 pads.

EDIT:
Was writing to the seller to ask but then thought to check. KTM Dukes only have one disc so that'll be the price for one caliper's worth. There description is wrong if that's the case because they say 2 discs.
Owen
Mpp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 16:55
If you go into the item description it says it there. I ordered these last week and they arrived today.  2 cards and 8 pads in all.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 16:59
Ah nice one that's a right bargain then Thumbs Up

Owen
Mpp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 17:02
Might be worth your while contacting him , just to put your mind at ease.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 17:04
Yeah have done thanks. Seen they do it with a bottle of Dot 4 too for only a few pounds more.
Owen
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 18:51
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

Yeah have done thanks. Seen they do it with a bottle of Dot 4 too for only a few pounds more.

That link you gave included the brake fluid so a real bargain if the 'for two brake discs' is not a typo.

Just an observation, that packaging is nothing like the SBS packaging I've seen before (Or what is in the link at the top of the thread). Is it new or could they be fakes?

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 18:59
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

That link you gave included the brake fluid so a real bargain if the 'for two brake discs' is not a typo.

Just an observation, that packaging is nothing like the SBS packaging I've seen before (Or what is in the link at the top of the thread). Is it new or could they be fakes?

I wasn't going there but I thought exactly the same thing  Confused
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
kiwi_rsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
EX Dr Frankie Stein (splitter)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwi_rsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 19:05
The ebay seller is based in Germany so could be legit as the SBS colour scheme does seem to be black and yellow

• Registered as a business seller
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Mpp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 19:14
On the SBS website all the packaging is yellow and black. And on Google images its about 50/50 yellow and black and multicolored.  Must be a new colour scheme. 
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 19:20
I think you're right, they seem legit.: https://www.sbs.dk/products/street/brake-pads

Maybe different for different markets. It doesn't help the buyer though, I'm suspicious of everything now  given how much fake stuff there is around.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 19:39
He came back and said it's for 1 pack. He said if I want 2 them order 2. If I want 3 then order 3 etc. You must have more luck than me MPP LOL

It's a bargain for 2 packs and the bottle of fluid, or too expensive for 1 pack and fluid. Maybe if I didn't say anything is have also got 2 packs.

Owen
Mpp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 20:08
Mpp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 20:08
This is a screen shot of the item description on Ebay. 
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 20:21
Packaging is legit and had several of all of the coloured packages depending where I got them 
MPP was lucky as the description is a probable poor translation. 

You get bargains like this though from sellers errors. I had a uk seller do a full set at a good price but It worked out even cheaper to buy individual caliper sets. I did that then decided I may as well buy another as it was criminally cheap. Ad had been taken down so I mailed him and he said he had made an error and lost on the sale to me and had only noticed after he had sent them. Congratulated me on my keen purchase also 
But wouldn’t repeat the offer 😂
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 22:05
Ha yeah I think that's how this thread started. Budd and I got some for I think £58 for 2 calipers. The seller must have done it in error because it jumped to £70 the next day.
Owen
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 22:07
This is what he said to me:

Hello,
1 Brake Set like you see on the picture is for one brake disct. So when you need 2 you must order two, when you need tree you must order 3 sets and so on.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

My Bike Parts Team

Owen
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 14:37
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

My pads were getting a bit thin so after briefly considering Brembo SC's I decided to stay with the SBS RS (race sinters), mainly due to the price of the Brembos, if the price had been comparable I'd probably have given the SC's a go just out of curiositybut the SC's are around £100 plus I can't fault the SBS's so why bother changing just for the sake of it. So after searching about a bit on ebay I've found a seller offering SBS 762RS pads for £58 (both calipers) the more common price is £70-£77, so these are nearly £20 cheaper, the seller is drbikes, the listing is for 762RS which is the race sinter variant for the 4 pad Brembo caliper.
I think they have made a mistake in the listing, which is for something called a TM SMX 450F and not an Aprilia, but a lot of bikes use this particular caliper so it's likely they've mixed the price up with the dual carbon, if you search drbikes shop for 762RS to suit Aprilia or Ducati, MV etc the price jumps to £77 but they are the same part so it looks like they've mis-priced them, so if you're in the market for the some new pads you could do worse then take a look at these.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TM-SMX-450-F-2004-SBS-Race-Sintered-Front-Brake-Pads-762RS-/332437303991?hash=item4d66ceb2b7   ;
They are genuine I have bought them from Dr bikes for the R1👍
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic