rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Esso ETHANOL FREE unleaded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Esso ETHANOL FREE unleaded
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 16:35
Hi guys, just spreading the word on this -as most of us have had problems with plastic tanks due to ethanol being present in unleaded.

I've just had this email back from Esso:

"Good morning Mr. Diablo,

Please be kindly informed that, Esso super unleaded petrol (Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded 97) is ethanol free (except in Devon, Cornwall, the Teesside area and Scotland) and we have no current intention to add ethanol to Synergy Supreme+ in other areas of the UK."

So great news for most of us.

BP used to be ethanol free and I used to email them every few months to check the status (as I will with Esso) -but a while back, started adding up to 5%

The Govt/EU requirements for regular unleaded, is up to 10% ethanol added.

Their is no requirement for ethanol to be added to "super unleadeds" but all brands other than Esso are adding up to 5%.

Find out if you have one near you using their search function. Tick the box for "Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded 97"

http://www.essofuelfinder.co.uk/en/

Question everything.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 17:09
Bollox.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 17:19
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

Bollox.

Yes I know, sorry for you South west guys Unhappy
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 19:52
Great to know Rick thanks for the update, esso just happens to be my local garage too happy days! 

Dave does the KTM suffer as well?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 20:45

Plastic tank so assume so. Don't use the KTM forums so don't know for sure. Been spoilt by being on here

Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 08:54
not all esso garages stock it though my nearest ones only have regular unleaded, ive goit a 20 minute ride to the nearest one with super unleadedSmile
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 09:27
The Esso fuel finder has an option for stations with Super only to be shown on its map. https://www.essofuelfinder.co.uk/en/
2008 Tuono 1000R in Orange
Wayneoh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayneoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 10:42
Why would they make it differently for different parts of the country?
Wayne.   2005 RSV1000R Red.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 14:08
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

not all esso garages stock it though my nearest ones only have regular unleaded, ive goit a 20 minute ride to the nearest one with super unleadedSmile

That's a good point Colin, I assumed they would all have it. Luckily, using the search function on Esso's website for Synergy Supreme +, there is one within 10 mins from me. Phew. Wink

Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 14:13
Originally posted by Lammy Lammy wrote:

The Esso fuel finder has an option for stations with Super only to be shown on its map. https://www.essofuelfinder.co.uk/en/

Thank you Lammy, I've edited the original post to contain your link Thumbs Up
Question everything.
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 15:06
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

[QUOTE=Lammy]The Esso fuel finder has an option for stations with Super only to be shown on its map. https://www.essofuelfinder.co.uk/en/

ive just checked and its not up to date nearest garage definitely doesnt stock it for me
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 16:07
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

[QUOTE=Lammy]The Esso fuel finder has an option for stations with Super only to be shown on its map. https://www.essofuelfinder.co.uk/en/

ive just checked and its not up to date nearest garage definitely doesnt stock it for me

Peculiar, have yet to notice errors myself but I guess thats what google street view can be used for to see if the pump is there or not; proper anal! 
2008 Tuono 1000R in Orange
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 18:34
Trouble is Google street view can be years out of date as well,I was checking on something yesterday and although Google maps was 2018  Street view was 2014

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 17:35
Nipped down the road to the Esso station to check I have the ethanol free stuff -and indeed I do Big smile

Question everything.
benx View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 17:09
in google maps turn on satellite view, then look at Heathrow airport... if u look carefully you can see a Concorde on the tarmac!!!  Concorde went out of service in 2003
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 17:19
After I said the other day I couldn't remember passing an esso garage I found out one I use in rugeley is an esso and stocks it, should pay more attention but to be fair it's usually sunrise when I'm filling up.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 17:46
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

After I said the other day I couldn't remember passing an esso garage I found out one I use in rugeley is an esso and stocks it, should pay more attention but to be fair it's usually sunrise when I'm filling up.
Yes me to, I have 3 Esso within 4 miles to me and didn’t know!
dendog View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dendog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 21:49
I went to an Esso today and and both petrol pumps were marked E5 so I wonder if they’ve now begun to add Ethanol, sadly.
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 22:06
Thread revival, but ethanol is here to stay i am afraid. More and more over here too. But thank god we still have good'ol 98oct.
Shake'n bake
dendog View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dendog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 02:31
Indeed!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic