rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quickshifter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ningaman17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quickshifter
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 08:23
what is the best quickshifter on the market for a gen 1 rsv? Is there any pitfalls to fitting one? Tia
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 08:34
I fitted a Healtech unit to my Gen 1. Really good to use and never had an issue with it. Itcomes with an APP for Android or iPhone so you can both set it and check its working. Dead easy to fit. Plug and play.

Ningaman17 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ningaman17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 08:46
cheers mate was swaying towards a dynojet or hm tbh thanks for the info
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 09:09
If you get a Dynojet you also need a power commander. I'm not sure the reasons why but apparently a QS that cuts the ignition rather the the fuel supply is best (Dynojet is fuel, Healtech and HM are ignition). I've had HM ones on my last 3 bikes and can't fault them. No pitfalls as long as you set them up right and they are working as intended, otherwise your gearbox will suffer!
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Bill R View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 13:26
I have been running a Shift Power quick shifter for 2 years on the track, ignition type.
Stand alone, compact design, works great. Check their web site for videos or you tube.
Rides, Black 2001 Mille R/RR 1102 BB Track Bike, 2 Black Suzuki 1998 TL 1000S's

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 14:47
Originally posted by Bill R Bill R wrote:

I have been running a Shift Power quick shifter for 2 years on the track, ignition type.
Stand alone, compact design, works great. Check their web site for videos or you tube.
I am with Bill on this one, I also have the same and it's brilliant bit kit.
I have a Pcv but didn't want a fuel cut one,  also I will be changing the Pcv to an Ignijet. Like Bill says it a standalone so I can keep it with the Ignijet. 
Ningaman17 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ningaman17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 15:11
cheers lads are they compatible with ap rearsets as i know the dynojet fits in the gear linkage. Im not sure if the others fit without modding. 
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 15:20
I also ran a shift power one on my old gen 2, no problems.

All the brands listed use a sensor which you combine with a shift rod, so yeah they will all work with AP rearsets. You'll need to measure your current shift rod length and then subtract the sensor length - then buy a new shift rod in that length. Make sure you get the correct sensor (push or pull) although I know HM can do both.

No modding required unless you want to use reverse shift, in which case you'll almost certainly need to trim the fairing
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
RobertyBob View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 15:29
I have a Healtech quickshifter ready to install on my Tuono.  It uses a ring sensor under the bolt that connects the bracket at the end of the tie rod to the gearshift spindle.  So you dont need to mess about with different length shift rods.

I've not actually had mine working yet, so cant say for sure what its like but the internet has a lots of good reviews.  Seems a cheaper option too.
RobertyBob View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 15:32
Although just checked and the Shift Power one looks cheaper.
Bill R View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 17:22
[QUOTE=RobertyBob]I have a Healtech quickshifter ready to install on my Tuono.  It uses a ring sensor under the bolt that connects the bracket at the end of the tie rod to the gearshift spindle.  So you dont need to mess about with different length shift rods.

When you order the Shift Power Shifter, they will ask you your push rod length and supply a tailor made one for you. They will also ask if it is push or pull. So no messing about but you do need to have rearsets.
Myself run Woodcraft in a reverse/GP pattern.

Rides, Black 2001 Mille R/RR 1102 BB Track Bike, 2 Black Suzuki 1998 TL 1000S's

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic