rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Aprilia parts for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen 2 PC5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen 2 PC5
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:09
I was going to fit an Autotune to my Tuono but decided to just stick with the PC3 I'd already got fitted and have the bike remapped instead...
So , the PC5 I picked up is now surplus to requirements, it's listed on eBay but if a forum member wants it I'll let them have it for £210.00 inc UK postage.  

Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:43
morning, I have 06 gen 2 Tuono What If any performance benefits? Or is it more of a smoother fuelling scenario 

Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:54
Originally posted by NickB NickB wrote:

morning, I have 06 gen 2 Tuono What If any performance benefits? Or is it more of a smoother fuelling scenario 

Hello Nick. 
 It's used to get the fuelling spot on, yes you can just stick a set of silencers and a filter on and run it like that but it won't be fuelling properly, once you start changing the exhaust/airbox/filter arrangement you really should be getting it all set up properly and the power commanders are the best way of doing it...fit one of these, then get the throttle bodies balanced and then get it all set up on a dyno, you'll get a bit of extra power but it will all be running properly, no holes in the delivery, slightly better mpg etc and a PC5 gives you the option of running an Autotune later on if you want, with these you can set it to run  live mapping so it will constantly alter itself as you are riding.  
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:08
hi padded cell thanks for information. I had throttle bodies balanced with quill cans on at aprilia performance when I had full service,would it still need to be set up on dump with p/c on?
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:10
dyno not dump,sorry.also are you far from Worcester area?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 11:23
Originally posted by NickB NickB wrote:

dyno not dump,sorry.also are you far from Worcester area?

If you had the TB's balanced recently then that wouldn't need doing again but yeah, if I fitted a power commander then I'd get it booked in at a good dyno centre and just have it all set up with a custom map and have them do each cylinder individually, that will get it running as good as it can then. 
There is a map already on this PC5 that the previous owner had set up on their gen 2 Tuono at PDQ, I think it was for a set of Arrow silencers and an MWR air filter, so you could use that if you wanted but if it were me is rather get it in to a dyno centre and have it all set up exactly for my bike as all bikes are different. 
 When I first fitted my PC3 years ago, I tried one of the dynojet maps that should have been very close to how my bike was set up and it was absolutely rubbish...i then sent it off to TTS  at Silverstone for a proper custom map and it was just so much better. 
 I'm in Rushden , Northamptonshire, so a couple of hours away from you I'd think. 
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 13:03
thanks for putting me in the picture I appreciate it thanks. I will have a think about it,there is no decent dyno by me so it would be a bit time consuming,thanks again 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 13:11
No worries Nick, just for your info though, PCR Performance are only at Cannock, about an hour from you , and that's who Aprilia Performance have been using for years....so if you ever do need a good dyno centre in future then you could do a lot worse than giving them a callπŸ–’
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 13:20
Pcr performance πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 16:17
ok thanks for that I will give them a call 
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 20:30
Pc5 no longer for sale....
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 21:28
ok no problem thanks for letting me know 
MightyMouse View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 12:56
Let me kniw if you decide to sell again. 
MightyMouse View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 12:56
Thank you....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic