FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Putting the feelers out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sheep911uk View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheep911uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Putting the feelers out
    Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 11:34
if this does come up for sale I might be interested.
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 21:17
managed to get booked on in the novice group but found a nice chap who wants to swap his inters spot. Can't wait. How many going do you think? 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 00:57
http://rsvr.net/aprilia-trackday-17th-july-donington_topic26115.html

This is it should be a cracking day if the sun shines 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 23:37
what's this donny Ape bash?? 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:07
Originally posted by smw smw wrote:

i don't have that t-shirt anymore but it was a belted! How you doing Ian? 

I'm good thanks Steve,how's the family? Sure makes for a lifestyle change doesn't it?

I'm retired now and and since then have been spending lots in time in Austria with my eldest daughters family,grandchildren now 7 and 5 Hug

Also now bought myself a 2009 reg Tuono as an incentive to not treat the local roads as a substitute racetrack.   It sort of works Wink

I still have the Mille,although I have thought about selling it but decided I might as well keep it sorned as it's not costing me anything and it's there if I decide to use it at some point.

It's not been on track in ages,will have to do Donny again at some point though,I would have done this Ape bash there in the summer but it conflicts with the holidays.

For anyone wondering about Steve's bike,I can confirm it was a well sorted,good sounding example that hustled round Donnington very well Clap

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 09:42

hello everyone 😁

will be straddling a 2016 Zx10r KRT in a few days..... but want to scare myself on a modern beast for a bit.

Yep.....that'll do it.

GLWS
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 07:18
i don't have that t-shirt anymore but it was a belted! How you doing Ian? 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:21
Yay, memory not going ( so fast) LOL

I wondered where he'd got to
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:16
forgot about that, tony tiger gggrrr.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 11:41

ive been otherwise engaged for a long time now with one thing and another and bikes haven't figured for a little while but they're back with me now. I sold the barge a couple of weeks ago and was tempted with an E55 AMG but I just wouldn't be able to afford to run it. I've struggled with the idea of two wheels since I had my children but I can't keep myself away any longer. I've just been looking at videos on YouTube of the Milles and it's hard to imagine life without it. Nothing really looks like it or sounds like it especially for the money. I may just end up falling for it again.. 

More importantly have you still got ' That T shirt' ? LOL

Or am I getting people confused in my dotage? Confused
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:30
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:27
bike is not going for sale just yet. 
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 23:15
ive been otherwise engaged for a long time now with one thing and another and bikes haven't figured for a little while but they're back with me now. I sold the barge a couple of weeks ago and was tempted with an E55 AMG but I just wouldn't be able to afford to run it. I've struggled with the idea of two wheels since I had my children but I can't keep myself away any longer. I've just been looking at videos on YouTube of the Milles and it's hard to imagine life without it. Nothing really looks like it or sounds like it especially for the money. I may just end up falling for it again.. 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 21:16
You ignore us for months and then just turn up asking for favours pah, kids of today have no respect. How are you dude, still burning fuel in that v8
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 20:42
Originally posted by longer longer wrote:

Any pics mate?

Not on my current phone I'm afraid. The bike isn't at my property as my garage is absolutely crammed to the rafters of sh*te. Should also mention that the bike was bought from a forum member who had it looked after by the AP lads as did I when it was being ridden all the time. Its been around donny a few times and has a PC and DJ QS. It's a well sorted bike for sure. 
longer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 20:39
Any pics mate?
smw View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 18:50
hello everyone 😁

I hope this message finds you well. Its been a while since I last popped on here for one reason or another. I still have my RSVR (CT02 JXU). It has low miles (around 10k I think), a proper slipper clutch (stm or sigma 😬) and the usual AP mods (chip, airbox, etc). The ohlins were stripped and rebuilt about 18 months ago and since then it really hasn't been used much. It's barely turned a wheel in the past 12 months. It's having a fettle tomorrow at a mates house and then it'll be up for sale. I have been out of the Ape loop for a while so I'm hoping someone might help me with a realistic price. It's an epic bike in great condition with one of those lovely ti Ape pipes. I've decided to go to the Jap side again and will hopefully be straddling a 2016 Zx10r KRT in a few days. I've loved the lump but want to scare myself on a modern beast for a bit. Thanks guys. 😁😁
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic