rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Braketechs fitted.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Braketechs fitted.
    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 07:37
Finally got the Braketechs repainted and fitted with Titanium bolts. Today's jobs to fit a Healtech Shift light Pro and fork alignment.
Can anyone please confirm that the yellow and blue wire is the pickup wire coming from the crank sensor , the bike is a 2005 mele factory , Thanks Rich .
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 09:08
if you could post were all the wires go with pics please when you fit it as im looking at getting one  thanks
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:54
You'll like the braketech's they work very well๐Ÿ‘
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 14:37
Hi Hemi,  since you mentioned them in 2015 and told me about the detaching your retinas, I always wanted them . I have always liked Ductile iron rotors , the Pfms were great quality , but even on that the Braketechs edge it. Little subtle details made me really appreciate their build quality,  yes I can't wait to try them with Ferodo pads that were recommended by Braketech . I was so lucky to get a back on aswell .
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 14:42
looking good !
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 14:55
Hi richard.The shift light indicator probably have the same wire connections with the gear indicator,
I send you the manual for the gear indicator that i have,i hope it is helpful for you
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:58
Hi George, this goes of the crank sensor, so in a different place, thanks all same and I hope you keeping well , pm you soon. 
Hi Colin this is  the fitted instructions ,sorry they are not the right way around .
Tbh it is simple besides the pickup wire, now from the crank sensor there ate three wires, Neutral, live ,and the pickup wire which an electrician says us yellow and blue .

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:38
Originally posted by snowman snowman wrote:

looking good !
Hi Kev, I hope you are keeping well,  I will be in touch and we'll go for that ride , running behind again good weather ,but nearly finished about week I reckon, cheers Rich.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 14:56
Hi Rich , no hurry  hope your ok too ,the bike looks very good will see ya soon , Kev .
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 07:14
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

if you could post were all the wires go with pics please when you fit it as im looking at getting one  thanks
Hi Colin , about the wiring,  the Green and Black wire which has got to go the pickup from the crank sensor.  Well after looking at the wiring diagram in the owners manual that showed three wires but mine only had two. 
It seems that late 04 bikes onwards the crank sensor only had two wires like my 05 factory but manufacturered in 04.
I took the feed of the power of the headlight not the main beam.
The crank sensor wire plug into a two wire plug by the left rocker cover, the plug has two wires coming out of it a Brown and Blue and I assumed that the Blue was the Neutral and the Brown live and pickup. So I spliced it into the brown wire and it was working .
Then you got to connect to it via Bluetooth to set it up,  which had endless options,  I set it up as best as I could hope to try it soon. 
So it's the brown wire where the crank sensor plugs in. I should have took some pics but forgot.  But if you have the same wiring it's simple. Also the setup instructions ate good ,used my phone with their app to setup.  Hope this is of some help to you. 
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 16:27
Hi Rich

Those Braketechs are making me drool....

Or tres sexy, as they will say in the south of France. Got to be preparing for the villas/ old farm houses, with outbuildings to convert to workshops etc, that we'll be getting ha ha. Or Le ha ha maybe?
Question everything.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 16:11
hi Rick,   I think my calipers cut a different line to the oem ones ,so may have to take them off again to repaint .
The shift light should have really gone on the side light . I thought when the high beam was on the dip stayed on but i was wrong,  I don't ride at night anyway ,so it can wait till the motor comes out for shipping for shipping to the Viking Wizard ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
At least the roads are nice down in the south of France, not like the potholes over here , yeah maybe some day ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
Two American part on the bike I absolutely love is the Braketechs and the Evol clipons, quality engineering and the finish is superb. Lot of parts I got from all over the world after finding them on Af1
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 16:58
I Got it of the bench at last and actually rode it, the fork alignment made a difference .
Hemi, you were so right about them Braketechs, absolutely phenomenal. 
The shift light is brilliant too, revs matched well, a bit of fine tuning and it will be there,  you couldn't miss the light it that bright and the different colours and flashes. Yeah not a gimmick but useful. 
It went great , the slipper is to die for,  all it needs is an extra129 cc and it's finished ๐Ÿ˜‚ and get the bodywork carbon dipped and the wheels especially as they are not easy to keep clean.  Really enjoyed being out on it again .
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 18:21
Glad you like them and your not cussing me, my mate who hasn't ridden for a few years rode my 9r today and couldn't believe the braking with the pfm kit, said he braked then had to accelerate again as he had stopped so quick ๐Ÿ˜†
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:56
Hi Hemi,  did Wal make you them 330 mm rotors in the end? I am using Ferodo pads what Braketech recommended ,how many miles on average to bed them in. I tried not to overheat them yesterday , I was wondering how many miles it takes to bed in brake pads? 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:14

Yep and he's made some for my gsxr1100, should be here this week, pads should only need about 50 miles to bed in.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 13:08
Narrow band rotors , PFM's Wal is good guy, really helpful . Love them Dymags my favourite wheels. 
Yeah I done about 30 miles yesterday and they were getting better and better. Them PFMs are stainless or Ductile iron Hemi?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 13:10
Iron.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 13:23
Wal came to take a look at my gixxer a few weeks ago and agreed to make me 330mm rotors for it with calipers and masters, should be here this week ๐Ÿ˜ƒBut I love the finish and quality of the braketech 's, would love the cmc discs more though.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 13:34
Braketechs have stopped suppling them,  the cmc ones because of a problem with the supplier they said on AF1, they did look smart though .
They weighed nothing almost compared to the normal stainless and Ductile iron ones.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 13:40
They are releasing some more soon , the only other company making them is sicom but they don't look as good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic