rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RST Leathers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 18:58
my mate had a minor off  a few years ago wearing the jacket of an RST two peice, the shoulder split at the seam and the zip completely detached, we had to parcel him up in package tape so he could make it home, I had a pair of RST boots bought from J&S Hamilton when I was running a winter bike and after 3 months the left boot split at the gear shift pad..not happy..
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 19:30
Had rst leather 2 piece suit for last 5 years or so not had any problems but I only ride on road. Jacket felt like it had shrunk last year over winter. ..Nothing to do with me piling on the pounds like 😂
born ugly what's your excuse!!
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 21:25
Only RST  stuff I've had is their textiles. Absolute rubbish it was, leaked like a sieve, sent back but they couldn't find an issue Angry every time it rained my balls found the issue LOL  Now use Rev'it 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 22:43
I think the saying " You get what you pay for" applies here

I really miss the local Hein Gericke, places like Infinity & J&S don't really fill the gap  Cry
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 23:06
Well,  thanks for all the input lads, I'm glad now being  honest I didn't splash out on RST leathers,  as said in an earlier post I am lucky enough to have a teknic jacket one size up from my current one on the way. As hein gericke has been mentioned the psx proshell textile suit I have, although showing signs of wear is some suit for keeping out the rain, pity they  don't do proshell goretex gear anymore.
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 16:22
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I think the saying " You get what you pay for" applies here

I really miss the local Hein Gericke, places like Infinity & J&S don't really fill the gap  Cry

OMG yes, hein gericke in Chester.  Had 2 pairs of 2 piece leathers from them bloody great they were. Don't know if I can still get in them lol. The only thing that let them down was zips. Great staff in that shop too
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 17:11
Same here,really good staff and the good thing was you could spend a grand on an outfit,put 10% down and pay the rest 6 months later interest free which was very helpful.

I also have 2 two piece suits up in the attic with damaged zips that I'd struggle to get in.   Funny how all their gear shrinks over the years LOL

J&S are probably the best /biggest shop now,although The Sportbike Shop in Kirton are also a good place to visit and unbeatable for online purchases. Also situated about 3 miles away from my Mum's place which is quite handy.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 20:55
[QUOTE=IanG]Same here,really good staff and the good thing was you could spend a grand on an outfit,put 10% down and pay the rest 6 months later interest free which was very helpful.

I also have 2 two piece suits up in the attic with damaged zips that I'd struggle to get in.   Funny how all their gear shrinks over the years LOL

J&S are probably the best /biggest shop now,although The Sportbike Shop in Kirton are also a good place to visit and unbeatable for online purchases. Also situated about 3 miles away 

[/QUOTE

I used to love going to Chester just for a natter and a chill out over a cuppa with them. Manager was so chilled and friendly and helpful.  It's amazing how leather shrinks over winter innit 😁]
ruansdad27 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruansdad27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 14:23
I've just bought a pair of RST blade ll 2 piece leathers, I've been wearing them for a week week now and they are really comfy, nice soft leather, they fit really well so I'm really happy with them.
I've also bought some arc-on Apex glove which are also really comfy, I tried lots of other exspensive top brand gloves and these fitted by far the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic