rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leslie saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi,
    Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 21:04
ia am buying a 08 Gen 2 Tuono, it is years since I last owned a Tuono.

My last Tuono I can remember the side stand always made me uneasy and I swapped for a fireblade side stand.

does anybody know which model fireblade fits the Tuono.

Leslie
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 21:40
05/06 I think, contact AP, they sell them
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 12:02
04-07 iirc Big smile
Question everything.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 16:58
Right, I’ve had an 09 reg factory  from new  , I’ve never had a problem with my stand ? Even when rear tyre went down overnight in my garage it was still upright.When I put stand down I always pull on l/h Handel bar to settle it and yes it’s not the firmest feeling but works ????
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 19:32
LOL You must have nerves of steel.   It's the first thing most people change, Gen1 or Gen 2 they're both equally dangerous.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Wayneoh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayneoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 19:47
What are they actually prone to doing? Just falling over on their own without warning or reason? Or, is it that they`re just not that sturdy and well designed and easily knocked, blown or otherwise persuaded to fall over, such as on uneven ground or something?
Wayne.   2005 RSV1000R Red.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 20:03
On less than perfect surfaces all of the above. They are also soft and prone to bending if the bike is sat on while the weight is on the stand.

I'm not 100% sure but I think they're the same unit fitted to the small bikes.   USA spec stands with the beefed up 3bolt fitting are the ideal fitment if you can get one.

Otherwise a 'blade, Firestorm, Blackbird, Gixxer etc unit
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic