rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New EU directive (GDPR)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New EU directive (GDPR)
    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 15:56
Just a heads up that as of May this year, it is EU law that all websites display what data is stored by their website and also allow users to see and download that data.

Web wiz who develop this forum software are trying to have an update ready to comply with some or hopefully all of this but there is a possibility that they may only offer partial compliancy, and rely on the sites to develop their own extra's to comply. 

If the latter is the case, along with Aprilia Performance we will have to make a decision on whether we flout the rules, (which everyone might do if it's not enforced), or something more drastic. Potentially we can be prosecuted if someone says we are not giving them access to "any" data the site holds on them, which is not a lot to be honest. But there will always be 1 who wants to sign up and be difficult.

So just a heads up really, that change may be afoot come May.

The basic statement from the EU is below

After four years of preparation and debate the GDPR was finally approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016. Enforcement date: 25 May 2018 - at which time those organizations in non-compliance may face heavy fines. 

The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. 

RobertyBob View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 16:41
I chuffin LOVE the EU and its tireless work to protect everyone from non-existent threats.  Biggest jobsworth creation club in the history of mankind.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 16:49

f**k DA EU SSR. We are leaving, let the Germans be Germans with their beach towels....

We have a few nuclear weapons, use them !
Administrator View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 16:56
Originally posted by Af1 Af1 wrote:

f**k DA EU SSR. We are leaving, let the Germans be Germans with their beach towels....

We have a few nuclear weapons, use them !

Unfortunately the Repeal Bill when we leave next year, writes 100% of Eu law into British law at least for the 2 year transition period. We will see what Web wiz come back with as they are waiting for some clarification it seems.

Does personal data mean you can request a download of every post you ever made ? That would be unworkable, but if it's just email, ip addy, and name which is all we hold other than posts, then that is do-able I think.
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 17:19
Can't believe anyone on this forum would give a f**k.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 18:04
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Can't believe anyone on this forum would give a f**k.

Indeed, and that will be the case for 90% of the population i would think but if asked you have to demonstrate you have the ability to comply.

It's a bit like pythagoras theory in maths at school. You have bugger all chance of using it in life but have to demonstrate you can to pass the exam.
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 19:02

Not when it's a hard brexit, there will be no 2 year eu fukwittery . The Clunge Merkel and the other nazis like junker (the pisshead) and Barmier (the jew killer).

We are well out of the german (we rule the world) eu ! Not a second too late....
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 20:45
My organisation has just created a post (found money) for a data protection manager, were screaming for front line staff while being told it's not in the budget to increase staff compliment...it's a piss take...
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 21:06
What an utter pile of sh*te from the EU.

As bloody usual.

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 21:21
Just updated our systems and proceedures at work for GDPR
I don't think AP have too much to be concerned about
AP don't 'share' data, or solicit or use data to market members
Individual info held by AP is negligible.
The ICO will be far too busy with the big institutions to bother with AP

Carry on.

Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 21:29
And who said ze germans lost the war ??
They still make people doe as their told. A big exagerration from me but. sh*te EU
Shake'n bake
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 21:47
Originally posted by Tifa Tifa wrote:

Just updated our systems and proceedures at work for GDPR
I don't think AP have too much to be concerned about
AP don't 'share' data, or solicit or use data to market members
Individual info held by AP is negligible.
The ICO will be far too busy with the big institutions to bother with AP

Carry on.

I hope so. It could be one of things like credit card machines. When i got one at work the FCC guidelines make it sound like your gonna get shot if you don't meet the 200 hoops you have to jump through. but it wasn't so bad.

I'd like to think we are too small fry but they were on us for holding raffles (which they said broke gambling laws). although it took 2 years it does suggest that once they have looked at the big boys they spread the net a bit further.

Time will tell and at least there is no financials involved on here as that is all stored and handled by paypal themselves. Money trails seem to be part of the target of this law.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 23:08
Farcical really,they can go after the small guys but tread very carefully around the big players with the financial clout

Unfair but the truth seems best summed by the statement about life being like a sh*t sandwich

ie:   The more bread you have ,the less sh*t you eat Big smile

At some point the thought police will surely be knocking on our doors
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 08:44
The big picture is that the legislation is intended to protect us all in the digital age. The tabloids run screaming when data breaches are announced with millions of users personal data being stolen by goodness knows who, usually terrorists of hackers or TaBLOIDS. This wide ranging legislation is long overdue. Its a ball ache that it impacts on small enterprise like this forum but its the world we live in. Suck it up.

We need this legislation whether we are in the EU or not.

flatlander View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 08:52
From an individuals point of view the GDPR is the best privacy law in the world. From an organisations point of view it is a nightmare
The fines are up to 4% of annual turnover or 20 million euros whichever is the greater.
The data law is global in its reach so affects any legal person not just individuals. It refers to the data wherever it is stored in the world.
The ICO have said they will try to work with people to implement it
The data it refers to includes IP addresses ( your computers address)

Not only will it stay in force but would do so no matter what Brexit strategy was applied.

So having said it is great for individuals that is because it puts the individual in charge of the data stored about them.

So when someone spurious contacts you having a list of questions about your data such as how did you acquire it how is it stored who do you share it with what kind of data is all free to acquire and will make companies very nervous.
"Si me dices ven lo dejo todo ... pero dime ven"
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 09:56
It might be a wing it and see scenario. Be as compliant as we can and hope it doesn't hit the fan. Will see what Web wiz come back with as they are seeking clarity on it.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 10:19
They will be looking for best intention  compliance.

Its those that actively seek to not comply who will suffer the big fines.

Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 14:31
New software version is coming tonight in an attempt to comply with new regs. It a pretty comprehensive update so don't be surprised if there are some outages or we lose some customisations. Much of the menu's and banners are custom so get over written during updates.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 17:21
Thanks to all of you working behind the scenes to keep the place running smoothly Clap Beer
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 23:19
Hear hear! Clap
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 01:15
who knew a bike forum could get so complicated . 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 01:18
Why not ignore the regulations like the rest of the EUSSR. The french and the Italians in particular never comply....
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 09:07

Why not ignore the regulations like the rest of the EUSSR. The french and the Italians in particular never comply....

Im guessing that was tongue in cheek.LOL

This legislation is to help you keep control over your data. That can only be a GOOD THING. If we think of our data as being our money then we would want control over what happens to it.

Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 09:08

Because it's not my money that is at stake if there were fines and to be honest I'm grief averse these days if I can avoid it.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 14:38
Will the aesthetics of the forum get tweaked a bit?

I used to like the black background, it was easy on the eyes.

Plus my avatar has taken on behemoth like proportions.
Question everything.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 14:40
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

If your viewing using a mobile or google chrome, you may be getting no background appearing. Seems to be a bug post update which is being looked into now. IE seems to be fine.
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 15:36

EUSSR

I like that, closer to the truth than many realise.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 15:42
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

If your viewing using a mobile or google chrome, you may be getting no background appearing. Seems to be a bug post update which is being looked into now. IE seems to be fine.

I'm using Firefox and that shows a white background.Formatting is all over the place as well and as Diablo says all the avatars are huuuge!!!  Not nice at all but hopefully these are all being addressed in the next fix.

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 15:45
The problem is with the css style sheets that browsers use for sizing, placement and colours. For some reason Chrome etc don't seem pick it up. IE does unless you refresh the page and then it doesn't.

It's being looked into but I suspect it may not be a 5 minute fix.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 17:03
Firefox here too. No background and the sizing is too big for the page.

Appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes and into the forum Clap

Question everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic