rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Bore Spec Sheet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apriliapista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Bore Spec Sheet
    Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 10:03
G'Day,

Big Bore tech question today!

Any of you big bore 1060 (100)or 1102 (103) have any spec sheet you might want t to share or I can have a look at? Mostly interested in Cp kit from the states. I bought a barely used JE 1060 kit, but if I understand correctly, these are basically Honda SP pistons? Would like to compare with a CP spec sheet if anyone has one to share?
Then I bought a set 1102 of Tash on Af1 forum so just wanted to
Compare to a Af1 kit cause I don't think they are the same?
Are the valve pockets big enough for oversizing the valves?
Cheers Erik
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 14:45
I reckon you’ll have more luck on af1 asking that

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 13:54
You bought a kit from tash.......oh sh*t.
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 14:02
Ask him if he is using JetBore in wolverhampton to rebore the bores.  If so...dont touch them.
If the pistons are from Arias, which I think they are you need to measure skirt clearance.  It should be 0.12mm
anything else and its sh*t.
Check the bores: I had one bore at 0.3mm skirt clearance.  One bore was oval, one bore was not parallel from top to bottom.....and so on.  after 2 attempts to get the bores done I made him use another company with way better reputation.

If the pistons are Arias, and he is still using the spec sheet for the cut, then the piston to valve clearance laterally is 0.1mm.  It will hit the valves.

However.....if Tash has resolved the bore and piston issues, then fair play to him as everyone is entitled to learn from their mistakes.....but I would check.

PM me for more detail on what to look for and some advice.  Not saying its a dead duck as I still built my engine with the part he supplied.  I just had a jolly merry ride along the way!

The pistons had to have 0.3mm off the top as squish clearance was tiny.  the valve insets had to be rounded out...took the corner off to allow valve clearance, and the bores....well they had to be recut.

Mine work a treat now....mind you, jury is still out having only completed 150 miles on it.  I have a sh*t load of torque and a mild increase in BHP.  I wanted torque and it drives hard from 30 in top gear, really really hard on stock gearing.  On stock gearing its quicker than it was with stock engine with a 15T on the front.  So I'm sort of happy.

Anyways......you know where I am.  Look up previous posts under my name, look back a long time....over 3 years ago now.

TmH
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 14:08
I’m pretty sure he has only bought the pistons

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 14:11
thats better then.  You can always adjust the squish by doubling up the base gaskets.  But the insets might still need machining.  I'll have to dig out the details of the company used for the bores....very good, but looking at 350 for the pair of supplied.  At least with a spec sheet they wont f**k it up....if he has the spec sheet.
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
Pavlluxa View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavlluxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 15:26
here is spec sheet of my 1103 i bought from ebay,kit originaly sold by Unlimited Performance, Micah from Af1 said that they copied his kit.

apriliapista View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apriliapista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 04:14
Tapmyhead, read your thread and feel sad for what you had to go through to get it up and running and to get it right.
I will pm you with some questions if you don't mind!

I bought pistons from Tash about 1 1/2 year ago and they are cp pistons and exactly same spec sheet as Pavluxa got from his purchase on eBay.
I think Tash sold 2 kits so obviously Pavlich and I got same.
Did you install your kit? Any issues or changes you had to do?

I shouldn't have any probs then I hope?
Cheers for all your responses guys!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 08:39
[QUOTE=apriliapista] Any issues or changes you had to do?

QUOTE] yes valve pockets require maching in to get the correct squish/valve clearence

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apriliapista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 09:18
Mark,

Sorry my questions was aimed for Pavlluxa as he has the same spec sheet as me, was just curious if he had any issues with his kit? But if they are a copy of the AF1 kit then it should slip right in with no issues.
Pavlluxa View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavlluxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 19:11
My kit not from Tash, i bought it from guy who previously bought this kit from Performance Unlimited, 
This kit was good for Gen2 big valve heads. I used Cometic 0.027 gaskets to get 0.9mm squish.
  All timing standard, bike doing 143bhp . i done about 12 track days so far no issues at all. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 19:33
Originally posted by Pavlluxa Pavlluxa wrote:

My kit not from Tash, i bought it from guy who previously bought this kit from Performance Unlimited, 
This kit was good for Gen2 big valve heads. I used Cometic 0.027 gaskets to get 0.9mm squish.
  All timing standard, bike doing 143bhp . i done about 12 track days so far no issues at all. 
did you build the engine Pavlluxa?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apriliapista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 21:19
Another question in regards to compression ratio on these big bore kits, mostly 1102-3.
First of all what is  standard static compression ratio on a GenI?
What will compression ratio be on a 1102 kit? Safe for standard pump fuel or go with higher octane?

I assume you can go with thicker head gaskets, but that would only give you what like .1-.2 less compression?
and I assume if you go with different cam timing it will change dynamic compression slightly also correct?
cheers
Pavlluxa View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavlluxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 08:33
I rebuild this engine myself with tons of help from different forums including this one, i did some calculation regarding compression ratio but to be honest i forgot all those figures now. Very important is squish and distance from valve to piston/pocket. Also special eprom from gabro for 1103 and right Power commander map on top. I use shell v power only. Some say that stock injectors is not good enough for 1103, but in my case so far so good, i will attach my dyno sheet later once i find it.
 Regarding cam timing, i planned to play with that later but i wont, cause bike runs sweet, tons of power and no detonation. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 10:30
Originally posted by Pavlluxa Pavlluxa wrote:

I rebuild this engine myself with tons of help from different forums including this one, i did some calculation regarding compression ratio but to be honest i forgot all those figures now. Very important is squish and distance from valve to piston/pocket. Also special eprom from gabro for 1103 and right Power commander map on top. I use shell v power only. Some say that stock injectors is not good enough for 1103, but in my case so far so good, i will attach my dyno sheet later once i find it.
 Regarding cam timing, i planned to play with that later but i wont, cause bike runs sweet, tons of power and no detonation. 

thanks for the update ...good news Thumbs Up

I too need a gabro chip for my gen2  conversion...I need to modify the front head next and swap rotors

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 15:13
CP pistons, you should be fine.  Mine were not!

Valve timing I used 106/109.  You really have to check these as both heads are different.  I went for torque.  I think 115/115 is BHP....but I'm lazy, torque = less gear changes.

I used bigger injectors, why not?  Different spray pattern and WOT (wide open throttle) I thought might challenge the fuel flows a bit.

you should be fine with compression with the CP pistons.  Mine went from 13.6 to 14.8...too high so piston mods were needed to knock that back a bit, plus clear the valves and sort the squish.  I could of doubled up the base gaskets, but the pistons were also a couple of grams heavier than stock and I wanted to trim the weight back a fraction too.....all worked out.....for now.

Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic