Oops again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oops again
    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 19:30
Thanks, the can does sound fruity, the paint is a copy of the model before the m, this is the n which is the last of the oil boilers, I do like the later W model as well and you can easily get 165bhp out of those.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 18:19
Beautiful bike, lovely can too. 
born ugly what's your excuse!!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 09:40
The fairing is only on loosely, needs the headlight etc fitting and indicators and a bit of tweaking here and there. Your mate will notice a difference going from one of these to a Mille, especially the weight, I think some of the oe parts I took off this were made of lead.
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 09:32
Congrats...looks stunning.  My mate, coincidentally has just swapped his near identical model to yours for an RSV Mille!

R1200RS

twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 07:58
The Bike looks fabulous Thumbs Up
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 21:43
It’s by fibreman in Ireland.
https://www.fiberman.net/
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 21:41
what seat unit is it ? i like that 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 21:24
Cheers guys, it’s took longer than I wanted but I’m nearly at the finish line, I’ve got to get a nice seat made now, one came with the seat unit but it’s not the nicest but it’s a good base to start from.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 21:21

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 20:59
ooh yeah that hits the spot Warren

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 18:18
GorgeousClap
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 17:04
I bet just been through all the pictures, well nice 👌as for things getting in the way that's always the case Thumbs Up
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 16:55
Thanks, it’s took me ages to get it here, loads of other things kept getting in the way.
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 16:53
Same hear mate from mid Cornwall to Plymouth were I work rammed every one,so when I actually need some there ain't gunna be any Angry but on a positive that bike looks awsome Big smile
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 16:48
All the petrol stations around me are rammed with all the selfish twats as usual panic buying. Absolute bunch of thick arse holes.
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 16:14
V.nice indeed hopefully you'll be able to get some petrol to put in it lolThumbs Up
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 15:47

Finally got it painted, hopefully get it finished in the next few days.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 23:08
Cheers rick, the battery tray I cut from a sheet of carbon fibre, bought it from a company called easy composites and surprisingly easy to work with if you get the right cutting and filing tools.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 22:45
The cf battery tray looks top shelf as well ol fella Thumbs Up

All your bikes are fantastic, no detail missed. Top quality mods. Every one is pretty much a centerfold Big smile
Question everything.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 22:29
Lovely Heart

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 22:10
And very nice it is too Cool Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 21:30
The racefit is colouring up nicely.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 18:05
Sounds good to me 👍 they are a blast to ride mine was 1216 with a few extras ... have fun 👍

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 10:26
Bsd just rang to say the carbs are setup on the old girl, 151bhp and 92 lb/ft of torque 😊I can live with that.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 15:42
Super neat job looking ace
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 14:14
Yeah just organic, gluten free carbon isn't it. Well except for the resin ha.

That new open battery bracket looks a bit GP like to me, looks good Thumbs Up
Owen
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 13:16
The battery used to sit down by the shock and looked a mess, the box was made from about 4 pieces with some relays etc bolted to the underside of it, I like the nice open look so it had to move, and I’ve probably saved a kilo junking the battery box.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 13:07
I ordered a square sheet and some angle to make the small mounts from a company called easy composites, bit dusty cutting it and you get black but it is called carbon.
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 12:46
Looks really neat now doesn't it. Was that just a sheet of ready made carbon fibre then? Interesting seeing the battery all the way at the back of the tail I think. I've just now had a Shido lithium delivered so I know there's not going to be too much weight there though.
Owen
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 11:59
Laying out the electrics and had some new battery cables made, just gotta make a few small tabs and glue them to the tray for a couple of components.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic