rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Formal and Public Declaration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formal and Public Declaration
    Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 16:30
This is a formal and very public declaration for just how sh1t I have been of late.

A prominent and esteemed Ape owner asked me for information on injectors used on my big bore project.  I got round to answering his question weeks and weeks later.....

So, RedRatBike, I'm sorry!

For everyone else, I used the following injectors:

https://www.performancebyie.com/bosch-52lb-550cc-hi-impedance-injector EV14

I bought mine from the USA as UK prices were stoooopid.

Cheap, multi hole 550cc, for the GEN 2 engine...not the ones.  You do need a plug converter to EV1 from the EV6 of the injector...ebay sell them for a couple of quid each.....and they fit OK with the converter.

They do slip down too far when installed, the up and down movement is not secure other than effort against the rubber orings.  If you look at the shiney fat end by the bottom seal, I put a small tie wrap around this to bridge the gap between the balck plastic of the injector and the metal part of the throttle body.  It works.

One last thing, they dont need a prefilter as there is one installed at manufacture.  They dont tell you this in the packaging or any websites....I found out from a tuner.  If you look at the stock greens, you can see the filter pushed in....they are replaceable with a filter kit from amazon.....but like I say, you dont need them with these 550cc.  these are also rated for stupid fuel pressure....if that floats your boat.

So, RRB...sorry mate.Cry
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 17:38
Nice one Nige!

I can't get your link to work though. Have you also used a variable fuel pressure regulator as well?

I've just got my chip from Gabro to run the gen 2 1060 in my gen 1, but he made the chip for the injectors I already have in the gen 2. Kind of wish I'd seen this a month or 2 ago. Big smile

Question everything.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 20:13
Ha ha thanks nige

May turn up some spacers for the injectors

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
tapmyhed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapmyhed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:30
Factory 04
Big Bore Whore
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic