rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Bikes for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen 2 1060 Tuono For Sale (Possibly)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen 2 1060 Tuono For Sale (Possibly)
    Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:58
Hi all,

Can't believe I am posting this but looks like my beloved Gen 2 1060 Tuono may be going up for sale.

Writing off my car (bounced it off a deer and into a 6ft ditch seemed to do a good job of it)  plus Susanne's interest in getting out more on the bike means that I need another car and bike. 

The F800 is great for commuting, (70mpg, nice throttle response and smooth) crap for a pillion, (lack of grunt and horrendous vibes through the pillion pegs) so that is staying.

The Ape isn't getting used as much as it deserves so makes sense to replace this with something that is still fun to ride in a naughty manner yet has decent pillion provision so am thinking of a Multistrada or Super Duke GT either of which are pretty salty so need to release some funds.

So here we go:

• 2007  Tuono Gen 2 (56 plate)
  • Mileage is circa 12500 (will confirm for sure but was mot'd at 10424 in June last year so about right for now)
  • MoT till June but will happily put a fresh ticket on it.
  • Aprilia Performance did a full service including valves last May 
  • I will service it in the next couple of weeks including fresh fuel filter and tea bag clean
  • Tyres are Pirelli Diablo Corsa's front and rear and about half worn
Mod's include:
  • Aprilia Performance 1060 big bore (138bhp 90ft/lb)
  • These BB motors are absolutely immense
  • 15/42 gearing and recent chain (circa 3K miles ago)
  • Aprilia performance induction kit (original airbox lid included
  • PC V (with custom map for each cylinder)
  • Arrows system with Carbon cans (originals included)
  • QS Quickshifter
  • MCT revalved and sprung forks
  • Re-anodised fork tubes and lowers (Gold tubes / Ally lowers)
  • Ohlins shock (service last winter by MCT)
  • Brembo M4 calipers with fresh SBS pads (Originals included)
  • Brembo RCS19 Brake Master Cylinder (Originals included)
  • Brembo RCS16 Clutch Master Cylinder (Original included)
  • Oberon clutch slave cylinder
  • Oberon Bar end mirrors (Originals included)
  • RSV4R Rear brake master cylinder
  • Factory Carbon hugger (Original included)
  • Domino quick action throttle
  • Long carbon belly pan (Original included)
It's an amazing bike that just puts a huge cheesey grin on my mush every time I tug the cables and I would love it to fing a good home from a real Ape addict on here.

What's it worth?
No firm idea but more than a packet of hob nobs before anyone gets any ideas.  Looking at the vairous trader and auction  sites 07 Gen 2 Tuonos are round the £4900 mark.

If someone from here were to put £5500 in my pocket they could take it away, if I end up dealing with the un-educated pond-life that seem to fester around e-gay or scumtree then it's going on for £6K to cover my pain.

I am in PE15 in Cambridgeshire if you want to come over and kick the tyres with a mug of tea.  Meanwhile here a couple of pics from last year (about 2000 miles ago but looks just as good).

If anyone has any questions drop me a pm.

Regards

Phil

Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 13:08
I know a guy thinking of getting a Tuono V4 but this might tempt him. I'll let him know.
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 14:09
If you were in for something that is super pilliion friendly  I have a Mint Pan Euro Hiding in the back of the garage I think it has 7k on the clock

I bought it to do some touring  but work has kyposhed that the last few years ?
fast enough to annoy sports bikes that are boing badly ridden ( comfortable enough to do 600 miles in a day )

?????????

Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 14:15
Originally posted by Zax Zax wrote:

If you were in for something that is super pilliion friendly  I have a Mint Pan Euro Hiding in the back of the garage I think it has 7k on the clock

Thanks Zak, I want a bike that still has a naughty side for the odd track day and mad back road blatt as well as distance and pillion abilities hence the Mutleystrada or SD GT
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 14:19
Sorry to hear your selling it and I can vouch for the multistrada as I have a 1200s myself, if you only want one bike the multi is pretty much it as you can embarrass superbikes with a top box on, tour all day on it and they sound fantastic with a pipe on them.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 14:25
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Sorry to hear your selling it and I can vouch for the multistrada as I have a 1200s myself, if you only want one bike the multi is pretty much it as you can embarrass superbikes with a top box on, tour all day on it and they sound fantastic with a pipe on them.

Cheers Hemi,
I know a SD Gt would be cheaper to buy but they are proper fugly, I can't help but think of Sam the Eagle from the Muppets when I look at a Multi'. I am happy doing belts and valves myself (have done them many times on my 996 and 998) so might go for a 16 S DVT but will ride the new 1260 but that would mean Ducati servicing for the warranty but first I need to release some funds.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 14:46
+1 for a Mutley
I have a 2014 GS for touring but if I had a bit more cash I would have got a Mutley. I wanted to buy with cash outright which would have been around a 2010/11 S model and they had a few main bearing issues around then so I wasn't so keen.

The GS is much more fun to ride than I expected and handles much better than it looks like it should but she ain't as much of a looker as a Mutley.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 14:53
Wow Phil i didn't see this coming. Bloody wildlife at least you wasn't on the T at that time otherwise there wouldn't be much left to sell.

Glws mate i can vouch for this bike its gorgeous and anyone who keeps a Ducati in the dining room cares for their machines.

Those 1290 ktms are badass that would be my choice but far to big for a midget like me.

Hope it all works out for you mate.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 14:04
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Ouch

The president of the East Anglian Apes, does not simply sell his bike!!

Hang on Fuggers, Hear me out on this. I've had an idea that I think will please everyone.....

Question everything.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 14:23
Full touring version:

Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 15:12
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Full touring version:

Rick,
I truly appreciate the sentiment here buddy but you've stuck a Honda part on my Ape!
FFS man you shout hang your head in shame
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 15:23
Or the bad ass Easy Rider version perhaps?

You could wear chaps with tassels and everything Clap

Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 13:26
God I hate selling bikes Censored

Have had a few sensible conversations regarding the Tuono, have ignored a lot of silly offers and have been downright vocal to one certain individual who thought at ten year old bike is only worth a grand irrespective of anything else.  He got invited t o come and kick the tyres whilst I kicked his head.

And all of this is before it's been on e-gay or scumtree.  Makes my P155 itch.

Anyway given this experience, Susanne and I sat down and mapped out how many times shoe would be on the bike and concluded it doesn't warrent blowing £18K on a new mutlystrada or £13K on a two year old one so I think I am keeping the Tuono which feels good Wink

So for pillion duties she will either suffer numb feet on the back of the F800 (or salty as it's currently know after the last few days commuting) or the F800 goes for a more pillion friendly commuter.

We shall see but looks like the Ape is going to be staying right where it is.

Fuggers

P.S.
That feels like confessional and a load has been lifted

Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 13:49
Originally posted by Fugly Fugly wrote:

God I hate selling bikes Censored

Have had a few sensible conversations regarding the Tuono, have ignored a lot of silly offers and have been downright vocal to one certain individual who thought at ten year old bike is only worth a grand irrespective of anything else.  He got invited t o come and kick the tyres whilst I kicked his head.

And all of this is before it's been on e-gay or scumtree.  Makes my P155 itch.

Anyway given this experience, Susanne and I sat down and mapped out how many times shoe would be on the bike and concluded it doesn't warrent blowing £18K on a new mutlystrada or £13K on a two year old one so I think I am keeping the Tuono which feels good Wink

So for pillion duties she will either suffer numb feet on the back of the F800 (or salty as it's currently know after the last few days commuting) or the F800 goes for a more pillion friendly commuter.

We shall see but looks like the Ape is going to be staying right where it is.

Fuggers

P.S.
That feels like confessional and a load has been lifted

I suppose that means I would be wasting my time offering £800 then ? Thumbs Up

When I got rid of my Duke recently I just traded it in. I knew ebay/scumtree etc would be a proper ball ache and I would rather lose a few quid to a dealer than deal with the inevitable 15 scam buyers before I got a genuine one. As it happens I lost about £250 over what I would have accepted as a private sale.

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 13:55
Yay!

It's incredible isn't it Phil, what people are like nowadays. Where did most of the inquiries come from?

I'm pleased for you, I know how much you love the T buddy.

BBQ's at yours again this summer!

Give my best to Susanne Big smile

Go in peace, your sins are forgiven Clap
Question everything.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 13:56
£850 and a packet of hobnobs?  Nope I have seen (financial) sense and think she's staying where she is (on the bike ramp).

I never got as far as advertising it on the usual sites and I was ready to commit violence and this was from Aprilia or other focused forums.

Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 15:03
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Yay!

It's incredible isn't it Phil, what people are like nowadays. Where did most of the inquiries come from?

I'm pleased for you, I know how much you love the T buddy.

BBQ's at yours again this summer!

Give my best to Susanne Big smile

Go in peace, your sins are forgiven Clap

Thank you Father Rick

Father Diablo seems at odds with your Saintly status

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 17:31
Yippee niceone mate really chuffed for you the right decision has been made!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 18:35
Well, don't take this the wrong way Phil but I'm glad you got buggered about...you'd have missed the T so much so happy days, we didnt lose another Apeman🦍...
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 18:37
You best get a space at Donny booked up to celebrate as well... now you are officially 18 grand better off
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
budd View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 20:02
Good to see you're keeping  the bike it's a really nice looking thing, and its the looks i am interested in, namely the wheels. I'm currently fettling my '02 RSV R and need to make a decision re the wheels the new colour scheme would suggest black as the best option but I'm worried about moving to for away from the OZ blue incase I decide to return it to stock, and I actually quite like blue, but the OZ blue is a little dull and when I spotted the pic of your tuono the first thing I noticed was the wheels, still blue but it looks so much fresher than my OZs, so are they stock for a gen2 or have they being painted and if so what colour.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 17:34
Originally posted by budd budd wrote:

Good to see you're keeping  the bike it's a really nice looking thing, and its the looks i am interested in, namely the wheels. I'm currently fettling my '02 RSV R and need to make a decision re the wheels the new colour scheme would suggest black as the best option but I'm worried about moving to for away from the OZ blue incase I decide to return it to stock, and I actually quite like blue, but the OZ blue is a little dull and when I spotted the pic of your tuono the first thing I noticed was the wheels, still blue but it looks so much fresher than my OZs, so are they stock for a gen2 or have they being painted and if so what colour.

Hi Budd,
The wheels are stock blue, I thought about doing them gold as it took me a while to gel with them but have left them as standard.  They're not the light OZ's just standard but as I am not buying a Multistrada you never know Big smile

Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 17:35
Originally posted by Paddedcell100 Paddedcell100 wrote:

You best get a space at Donny booked up to celebrate as well... now you are officially 18 grand better off

Hi Adam,

My space is already booked but at least on the Ape I won't feel like there's a target on my back LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic