rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back with an Aprilia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back with an Aprilia
    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 12:53
Picking up a 2003 R from AP HQ on Friday! Along with that the following bits are also being collected / are on order:

Hudsons full Tigcraft 80mm single side system
AP rearsets
Renthal clip ons
Brembo 19x18 brake MC with race lines
Dual carbon pads
Brembo RCS clutch master
HM + SS quickshifter
QAT
FR200 chip
EVO airbox (although I might get one of Jolly's open ones)

Should be quite a beast.... Pics to follow!! 
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 13:02
Woohoo great to have ya back mucka and straight into the sprit of things! Cant wait to see it
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 13:23
The prodigal son returns....

Welcome back Dude, your ears will thank you for the Rsv/Tigcraft combo after torturing them with that Honda .
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 13:39
Wondered where the tigcraft was going to end up

Track only or road as well???

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 13:59
Road with maybe 1 or 2 track sessions in a year... giving up trackdays for 2 years to save for a house deposit
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 14:04
Nice one bud. Is that the import Griff had at the shop? Saw it a few months back, cracking bike
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 14:35
That's the very one, currently jumping through all the hoops to get her registered in the UK!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 14:43
Yeah Griff mentioned at the time he was trying to get some paperwork from Aprilia or something and that they were being their normal helpful selves! Good luck, hope you get it all sorted quickly. Better post up some pictures when you've got it
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 14:57
Originally posted by m9rko m9rko wrote:

Road with maybe 1 or 2 track sessions in a year... giving up trackdays for 2 years to save for a house deposit
Good luck on the deposit mate very recently got my first house after years of saving. Well worth any sacrifices you have to make i had to sell my bike for the last bit but back again shortly after.
Ive seen the bike on griffs vids shes a looker!
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 16:07
See .. ah kept ma mooth shut .. they`ve resurfaced Knockhill for ye ..hehe
Enjoy mucker .. hope to see ye up there ..
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 17:12
congrats for the new purchase
I bet that you miss your gen2 a lot
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 17:36
Sounds like it's going to be a weapon Thumbs Up

Remember the pics rule on here. We need pics Big smile
Question everything.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 18:05
Originally posted by wilko wilko wrote:

Yeah Griff mentioned at the time he was trying to get some paperwork from Aprilia or something and that they were being their normal helpful selves! Good luck, hope you get it all sorted quickly. Better post up some pictures when you've got it

So far so good, I emailed Aprilia today and got a call back within the hour, all they need from me is proof of purchase and they can send me the certificate of conformity... after that it's just sending the V55C form and boom! I'll be the first registered keeper in the UK!

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Good luck on the deposit mate very recently got my first house after years of saving. Well worth any sacrifices you have to make i had to sell my bike for the last bit but back again shortly after. 
Ive seen the bike on griffs vids shes a looker!

Yes mate, me and the missus have been talking for ages about buying a house when she leaves uni, and it suddenly dawned on me that if I don't start saving now it aint going to happen.... Luckily our rent is really cheap which is why I'm still able to have a nice bike and save at the same time. Trackdays however would make it impossible (and that's before you crash, don't ask me how I know about that...)

Originally posted by geobarb geobarb wrote:

congrats for the new purchase
I bet that you miss your gen2 a lot

If I could turn back the clocks I would NEVER have got rid of it. The cost of the V4 going pop and crashing my blade would have easily covered a big bore and a few more choice bits. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though

Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Sounds like it's going to be a weapon Thumbs Up

Remember the pics rule on here. We need pics Big smile

Pick her up Friday dude so will post some in due course!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 18:36
Hi Mark, nice to see you back, you did say you may buy another Aprilia. Looks like we might see you at Donington, if you come you're welcome to have a session on mine.
All the best Rich.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 20:54
Thanks Rich Smile Being honest after my last 2 track outings I'd be hesitant to get on somebody else's bike haha

15 hour shift to go pick her up on Friday, here she is at AP. Completely standard apart from adjustable levers / screen, ready for some love:

First job, rear end... Some small wiring repairs, everything removed and cleaned up. Nice to see some John Walker cables in there

FR200 chip fitted. And if anyone can confirm if this is the wire that all the gen 1 guys snip (and why)??

Brown connector was completely toasted, fell apart in my hands. I've had to cut the wires way back to reach good copper that will solder nicely. Ordered some battery cable and will solder it on to bridge the gap. I'm expecting to find the same thing at the other end

Started cleaning up the Tigcraft. It's not perfect unfortunately but for a paper thin bit of Ti that must be over 10 years old, it's in good shape. Cleaned and polished up pretty good. Just need to do the header pipes now

I'll be going over every inch of this bike, the aim is to have it ready by the start of April..!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 21:03
What kept ye  .. hehe  pin 16 me thinks .. the way you go over things do you
mean THIS April LOL .. looks a good un .. enjoy .. and rubber side DOON ffs...
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 05:58

Thanks Rich Smile Being honest after my last 2 track outings I'd be hesitant to get on somebody else's bike haha

15 hour shift to go pick her up on Friday, here she is at AP. Completely standard apart from adjustable levers / screen, ready for some love:

First job, rear end... Some small wiring repairs, everything removed and cleaned up. Nice to see some John Walker cables in there

FR200 chip fitted. And if anyone can confirm if this is the wire that all the gen 1 guys snip (and why)??

Brown connector was completely toasted, fell apart in my hands. I've had to cut the wires way back to reach good copper that will solder nicely. Ordered some battery cable and will solder it on to bridge the gap. I'm expecting to find the same thing at the other end

Started cleaning up the Tigcraft. It's not perfect unfortunately but for a paper thin bit of Ti that must be over 10 years old, it's in good shape. Cleaned and polished up pretty good. Just need to do the header pipes now

I'll be going over every inch of this bike, the aim is to have it ready by the start of April..!

Wow that Tigcraft, like always Mark it's going to be immaculate.
I forgot about those two incidents 😂
You would be welcome anyway for helping with the 200 tyre and suspension setup.
Let's hope you come to Donington trackday, one a year be alright, and there's going to a few of us there, it would be great if came too.
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 08:21
Aprilia like a drug that twin pulse hard to give up. Your rear sets still looking good on my gen 2.
Paul.
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:11
On the FR200, that snipped wire dictates which map the chip uses. Open airbox, snipped, original airbox, joined.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 16:14
Quick update... I'm only managing a few hours every other evening so it's slow progress Confused but here's where she is

I couldn't get the tigcraft 100%, in particular the stainless parts, so it's currently at MHP getting refurbished. He's getting all the dents out of it too so it should look spot on!

Every single nut / bolt / fixing I take off this bike goes through the same treatment - cleaned with a sanding block, buffed up a little with a dremel and then ACF-50'd. They're not perfect but much better than before

Sourced a steering damper and gen 1 fittings

Everything that has come off the bike has been cleaned inside and out

Just the radiators and a few other small bits to strip off

So I can get to the filth underneath!

Obviously an oil leak from the valve covers at some point (although there's fresh grease on the gaskets!) so I'll replace them and check the valves while I'm in there. Then it's a race to get it back together, or at least enough for Griff to balance the TB's on the Scotland tour in April...!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 16:49
Looking nice Mark,did you lick that shock and dog bone clean, it's immaculate 😂
Nice to know it's coming on well.
Rich.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 16:59
Nice! Just have to applaud you dedication to preparation and cleaning.

m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 17:22
It's a disease mate, I can't relax until I know it's spotless even where you can't even see LOL The good thing is that you only have to do this once, as long as you don't ride in the wet and keep on top of it it will always be spotless!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 17:35
Very true....I've got the same OCD! Strip it down, clean and live.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 18:59
Top Effort!! Mine is currently in lots of bits being cleaned, serviced and having a general checkover. How are you going to get the crud off the engine and starter motor from the leak? I have he same issue and I've been wondering whats best to use.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 19:13
Carb cleaner will get most of it off hopefully. I have 3 full cans ready to go. Basically I put some old towels down under the bike and just go nuts (make sure the garage door is wide open!). After that, I use GT85 or WD40, selection of brushes and cloths and a lot of patience!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 20:12
Forgot to say. Compressed air to blow off the excess and loosened crap too really helps a lot
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 20:40
Looks like those bits have just come down the production line and ya nuts arnt bad either!
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 13:21
a classic beauty mate.
seems a long time since the gen 2 and blue r1 pal.
good to see you back pal.
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 21:55
Looks showroom that, you mention a service day in Scotland in April, has a date been set ???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic